Rate the Unit, Day 34: Navarre

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Norne: 2.28

Rickard: 2.72

Samto: 2.90

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Radd: 3.64

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Caesar: 4.87

Castor: 5.62

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Wendell: 7.83

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Im too lazy to tally Radd.

Edited by PKL

Navarre has pretty good bases. C swords also mean he can be another candidate for Armourslayer and Wyrmslayer, and 9/16/16 as a Myrm isn't bad either. I like to have him cap out speed as a myrm , then reclass to cav, but he isn't too shabby going for a sword cav either though he might need a level or two to double. His defense isn't the hottest growths wise, but baseswise it looks decent as a cav and still has his sword powers and he can stand to take a few hits. I mean, of course there's better options than him, but he's pretty good at what he does and doesn't require too much work if you like him or something.

6.5 + 1 bias. Oh man, the bias I have for this guy. He was one of the two characters I managed to sink favouritism into on my Lunatic run, and I don't regret it one bit. Excellent Sniper, that he was. And I discovered SniperNavarre on one of my H1 runs too---I used him as a Paladin mostly prior still with good results. Dude loves me or something.

7.5/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

The votes on these don't really have much representation going on so statistically they aren't going to be the most accurate due to the lack of samples.

I mean hell if nobody else votes here my 7.5 on Navarre is going to be the sole vote and that's pretty inaccurate seeing that's one full bias right there, isn't it

Navarre. Narbarl. Narwhal.

Unlike the other sword C characters joining lately, he isn't crap. I swear, those other losers exist just to make Navarre look better.

I'll give him a decent 6/10.

Im too lazy to tally Radd.

7 votes: 3.64 average score.

Just take your Caesar rating and make it a little higher.

Theoretically speaking, it looks like he'll beat Caesar, but again. . .never used him, so I dunno.

Considering I used this guy as my main Sniper on Lunatic damn right he should beat Caesar

Even though it took all of my favouritism to do so but he could do it!

Man I hope we get more votes. 3 is kinda well

not a lot of data

Theoretically speaking, it looks like he'll beat Caesar, but again. . .never used him, so I dunno.

I think it's pretty clear-cut.

Caesar
Lv HP Str Mag Skl Spd Luk Def Res
7  8   4   0   3   2   6   3   0
7 40  30  10  20  35  30  15  10
----------------------------------------
Navarre
Lv HP Str Mag Skl Spd Luk Def Res
8  7   6   0   7   5   7   4   0
8 50  35   0  30  40  70  15  10

C'mon. Lumi will be disappointed if Navarre doesn't get more votes.

If so, he'd get a negative bias because he never fails to flip me off in SD

I'm not sure if having yet another mounted Armorslayer is a great thing at this point. That would make him something like the fourth one? Not that Radd's beating him by miles, but still.

well it'd just to serve to cancel out my bias so his score'd be even in the end

He's...actually got good stats, though. And neither Caesar nor Radd's really beating him in availability considering Navarre joins automatically in chapter 7 and can immediately be of use there, while Caesar/Radd's first usable chapter is chapter 7...

...and they can't do much in that particular chapter since neither can reclass into fliers at that point. Samto's shit, so he's pretty much a better choice than your other potential mounted armour/wyrmslayers besides Ogma (not even Ogma if we don't count male reclass unlocked) and Luke or something.

My problem with Navarre is his tendency to be overrun to the point where I can't use him, 'cause he's dead. I'll give Navarre the fact that he's probably better than Caesar and definitely better than Radd, but I'm not sure if he's beating Ogma at anything.

You're right Clipsey, Navarre doesn't really beat Ogma at anything. Ogma has availability and pretty good bases, coupled up with C swords. AND he has prologue time too. So Navarre isn't really beating Ogma.

Now, back to my rating. He's better than lolSamto, Radd and Caesar. He has ACTUAL bases for a change, and good growths to back it up. I still say guys like Frey and Cain are much better though.

6.5/10