Kirby Mafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a test

Test of what? What exactly were you testing if not people's reactions?

That makes Boron town because she did something that would have been less than ideal as scum?

No, it's null. Boron could be scum not trying to hide. I'm saying this line of attack is bad and is clearly overthinking things.

is there a reason you think I'm scum besides underestimating Boron's lurking skills?

You know the answer to this.

Like Paperblade said, for Objection to be scum, his scumbudd(y/ies) would have had to all not realize that Paperblade is a Dayvig and a not a Nightvig. If Objection was going to use the "sorry I derped" excuse as scum, I feel like he at least would have picked somebody with a night action, like the Tracker.

Paperblade you should shoot Refa imo.

More in the evening, gotta rush to class sorry.

I never said directly that my vote on Kay was because of a personal attack. I've specified quite a few good reasons such as the sudden dropping of the Jal case and the tunnelling on Boron which my critics have unfortunately overlooked but that's cool I guess!

One must remember that Refa is semi-nocturnal, so a lot his stuff might appear at weird times. Other than his ultra-massive-all-containing-super post, he hasn't really said that much. I'd quite like to see his opinions now, especially since two of his null reads and Jalmont have flipped.

If Objection were my scum buddy, my win con would have to be get Objection lynched. I'm not a fan on one-liner list posts of reads and a lot of them are poor. I can appreciate that time is often an issue, but "posts are weird" and "posts aren't bad" really don't constitute as decent reads.

I'm so sorry, I empowered the vig instead. I don't have any excuses, this is a major overlook on my part. I'll make sure not to repeat this and cause a big problem for everyone.

what the FUCK

ugh

i'll leave you alone for now because i find it hard to believe that an entire scumteam would fail reading that miserably

this also throws my third plan of what was going on out the window

I'd appreciate if Cam shared these "obvious reasons", it's very easy to say something's bad and then never back it up.

"man kay is totally personally attacking boron"

*vote*

actually i have to go now but last thing before i get back this afternoon-

why the SB kill? He was looking pretty town, but I'd think that if they didn't want to try shooting Shinori then they'd go for someone who has a more obviously threatening role (see: paperblade, town!objection, maybe scorri if they wanted to chain kills).

I think that someone is lying about their action and they shot the tracker so there's no chance that anybody would prove it.

Objection could have explained his lack of empowering Shinori by saying that Shinori was his only/major scumread, if that was the case... I find it hard to believe that town!Objection never thought about his scumread in connection with targeting that player, our found it not with mentioning.

##Vote: Objection

##Vote: Kay

This isn't the sort of thing you forget when you're trying to hide your presence. Scum have a habit of thinking these sorts of things through thoroughly, almost too much, which is how they seem overly conscious a lot so if Boron was trying to make a convincing effort to act like she was busy she'd remember to stay away from those things.

I kind of dislike this post/vote just because I feel that the people who voted Kay are wrong so that makes me biased. However I quoted this because Kirsche I would like you to do some more. You're only other post this phase wasn't much either.

Okay massive wall from Boron here.

I frankly feel that the Kay Vs Boron thing is a lot of in town fighting at the moment.

Kay's attack on Boron seems a little more personal than actually game related, so mean! A lot of her reasoning is about ridiculous silly meta. It seems ridiculous for anyone to go to those lengths, and just as ridiculous that someone would suggest that.

Regarding the double death, we might want to ask Mr Paper about his shooting, I'm guessing if it was him, he would have shot Jalmont.

Again, BBM is making a lot of sense. Refa is showing a degree of distance from a lot of the game, not really getting his feet wet. Although BBM's scumteam doesn't really work unless da colonel's doing some sort of double bluff with Kay.

##Vote: Kay

Your reasoning is nearly as bad as your manners. The tunnelling on Boron looks really bad, and your switch from Jalmont, who you didn't like then sorta agreed with is a rather remarkable change of opinion.

So let me get this straight the only thing you said for voting kay is: Attack on boron seemse personal, Tunneling boron looks bad, and switch from Jalmont. Overall not liking Shin at the moment. He also appears to not be paying too much attention because of him forgetting Paper is a dayvig.

The first post is a little unpleasant, whilst the latter, especially point 2, is pretty poor logic. Whilst there is some train of thought, Kay's looking way too hard into silly things like Boron pretending to be offline. I'd appreciate if Cam shared these "obvious reasons", it's very easy to say something's bad and then never back it up.

Grass, any reasons why you don't like the Kay "wagon"? I've seen pretty poor logic, rapidly shifting opinions and major tunnelling from Kay, what's your angle?

Why couldn't you add this into your other post? There was a long time between these two posts for you to add a pretty weak reason to your reasons for voting Kay. Also WRT tunneling you mention Kay is tunneling yet all you have talked about MAINLY is Kay.

I'm so sorry, I empowered the vig instead. I don't have any excuses, this is a major overlook on my part. I'll make sure not to repeat this and cause a big problem for everyone.

I'll have to get going in 2 hours but I'll see if I can get a post rolling by then.

>_> I'm not quite sure what to think of this.

@Paper: That's why I said it was a major overlook.

@Boron and everyone else wondering: What do I have to do to convince you that I was not reaction testing? It was a test, not a reaction test. If you had any better idea for ending RVS, you should've done it before I did it.

With Jalmont and SB flipping town, I'll give my updated reads.

Town

Kirsche

Objection! (me)

Null

CT075 - Fair enough, his posts aren't that bad.

Kay - posts are a bit weird but she doesn't look 'extremely scummy, lynch immediately' to me, so I'll wait a bit longer before deciding my opinions on the wagon.

Anyone not mentioned on this list

Mildly Scummy or more

Shinori - This could go to the 'or more' part. Starting from his reaction to my 'test' and an easy vote-switch to weapons. Focusing on BBM then dropping the case entirely for no good reason. And continuing to avoid my question. Would like to hear some responses here!

##Vote: Shinori I don't have much time, will get more later, sorry.

If it wasn't a reaction test then I really question why you did it. It was a test to see if you could end RVS? That seems worse IMO than a weird reaction test.

My reaction to your 'test' is part of the reason why it would be a reaction test. If you weren't looking for a reaction this part seems off. "Easy vote-switch to weapons." WEAPONS WAS SCUM DUDE. Also I explained why I dropped the BBM case I believe. This + the previous herp with the empower role was awful.

So be honest did you not empower me solely because it was an accident? Or were you lying and you didn't empower me because you thought I was scum?

I never said directly that my vote on Kay was because of a personal attack. I've specified quite a few good reasons such as the sudden dropping of the Jal case and the tunnelling on Boron which my critics have unfortunately overlooked but that's cool I guess!

One must remember that Refa is semi-nocturnal, so a lot his stuff might appear at weird times. Other than his ultra-massive-all-containing-super post, he hasn't really said that much. I'd quite like to see his opinions now, especially since two of his null reads and Jalmont have flipped.

If Objection were my scum buddy, my win con would have to be get Objection lynched. I'm not a fan on one-liner list posts of reads and a lot of them are poor. I can appreciate that time is often an issue, but "posts are weird" and "posts aren't bad" really don't constitute as decent reads.

I know I already mentioned this before but I felt like the sudden drop in the jal case isn't too much of a reason in it's own and the tunneling isn't TOO bad. Especially since you haven't said much about anyone else.

Blah blah Refa = nocturnal. Shin, what are your actual thoughts on Refa? You also mentioned Objection in this post but no real reads, what are your reads on Objection?

Frankly I'd like to know what else you have to say Shin besides your Kay votes. Who else is scum? That being said I'm going to go here for now:

##Vote: Shin

Also FoS: At objection at the moment.

Fair enough. I did overlook that Paper's a day vig.

I've said little bits about the colonel. His reads are a little outdated, and other than his uberlist, he was fairly reluctant to mention any real reads. I can't see where his Shinori vote was justified, and he readily drops it for apparently "jumping the gun". Right now, I can't really anything that pins him as scum. But considering he hasn't had a big post in like 6 days, I can see why.

I haven't liked Objection from his "reaction test", which was bad to start discussion or something. His answer to Boron makes him look pretty bad. Apparently he had no justification to vote for Weapons other than to vote to please people. Especially since he said he didn't find him that scummy. Otherwise his posts are pretty lazy, and I don't feel he goes into enough depth. He's in the "somewhat scum" part of my list. His empowering was bad too, why not use it on Shinori?

actually i have to go now but last thing before i get back this afternoon-

why the SB kill? He was looking pretty town, but I'd think that if they didn't want to try shooting Shinori then they'd go for someone who has a more obviously threatening role (see: paperblade, town!objection, maybe scorri if they wanted to chain kills).

I think that someone is lying about their action and they shot the tracker so there's no chance that anybody would prove it.

thoughts, anybody?

---

also public service announcement - My role has a secondary ability to give someone a posting restriction until the end of the phase (i have to announce this publicly). I need to do this once every cycle or my actual role doesn't work. Any volunteers? If nobody steps up to the plate i'm going to pick someone at random at the end of the phase

Grass, any reasons why you don't like the Kay "wagon"? I've seen pretty poor logic, rapidly shifting opinions and major tunnelling from Kay, what's your angle?

It happened fast and I thought the Kay/Boron thing looked like town infighting so I wanted attention to be spread a little more widely.

Like Paperblade said, for Objection to be scum, his scumbudd(y/ies) would have had to all not realize that Paperblade is a Dayvig and a not a Nightvig.

Fair enough. I did overlook that Paper's a day vig.

[omitted]

I haven't liked Objection from his "reaction test", which was bad to start discussion or something. His answer to Boron makes him look pretty bad. Apparently he had no justification to vote for Weapons other than to vote to please people. Especially since he said he didn't find him that scummy. Otherwise his posts are pretty lazy, and I don't feel he goes into enough depth. He's in the "somewhat scum" part of my list. His empowering was bad too, why not use it on Shinori?

I think Shin and Objection! are scumbuddies.

First, both of them have been looking independently scummy, Objection for his lack of empowering Shinori and Shin for his posting content. (I haven't actually talked about this myself, only followed others' reasoning about Shin looking scummy, but it's still true.)

Second, BBM said that scum!Objection would only use the "derp" excuse if they thought Paper was a nightvig, but Shin and Objection both admitted to overlooking his role.

Third, Shin said that if he and Objection were scumbuddies, Shin would have to get Objection lynched to win. I don't really follow this reasoning, and the rest of that post doesn't really explain why, but it's the first thing he says about Objection other than "Objection's boring" and an RVS vote, and then in his very next post he starts bashing Objection.

Fourth, Shin and Objection were both on the Jalmont wagon.

Paper: please shoot Shin, and if he's scum then we lynch Objection.

Cam: is your posting restriction fun?

Cam: is your posting restriction fun?

i was just thinking i would make someone post in rainbow colors for a day or something

also i don't have any issues with the argument (i just skimmed it because i may or may not need to leave in a moment) but i disagree that we need to immediately lynch objection if shin flips scum (which we don't even know yet because paper hasn't shot him yet etc)

i don't think associative reads are quite as strong as you think and i really don't enjoy lining up lynches (dayvig+lynch is close enough)

I'm not suggesting that we turbolynch the one who isn't shot (assuming Paper shoots one of them, which is of course entirely up to him). But If they do flip scum then I'm immediately voting the other one. There's also a difference between lining up lynches and making associative reads, I think, although if someone could explain to me exactly what's bad about lining up lynches, that could be great.

Also, if Paper does decide to shoot somebody (today or any other day) he should announce it first so you can use your posting restriction on that same person.

I'm at work so I'm not going to be saying much until I get off from it, but I had to ask something. We know that Objection didn't empower Shinori, but how do we know that he didn't just idle or empower someone not Paper? Unless I've missed something, aside from his word that he empowered Paper there's nothing that directly supports this.

Cam: I'll be your posting restriction, though I'd prefer it not be every letter needs to be a different color. If it was every post needs to be a different color of the rainbow, I'd be up for that or something.

Paper: Honestly, I'm not sure. Objection's current complete derp is making me even doubt my scum read on him because mafia would have to kinda derpy to avoid it. On the other hand, if they felt that Shinori was likely to target someone who was scum, maybe they purposely didn't do it, such that Shinori wouldn't inspect one of them? I dunno, I can see scum motivation for it actually. With that in mind, combined with the complete lack of effort to do anything at all with his reaction test, I'm going to

##Vote:Objection

Cam: Why scum might have killed SB could be WIFOM, could be they knew I'd be on Shinori so they didn't need to worry about me jailing one of them, could be that they were more afraid of getting tracked as they shot someone, etc. I think they last two are more likely since it was pretty clear who I was going to be on and as such I was less of a threat. It's also possible they suspected that one of the mystery roles was a watcher, so they didn't want to target likely kill targets like me or Paper. There's not a whole lot we can get from this except "they didn't go with the obvious"

Vague scum reads besides objection are Shin for his terribad vote on Kay, and that's about it. Something feels a bit off about Cam's posts right now, but I'm not sure if that's just me being paranoid or if there's actually something there. Will into in a bit.

Pedit: Actually, Boron's point about Objection possibly lying about his target makes me more inclined to see scum intent here.

Refa has not posted in 3 days, I'll vig him tonight if he does not post

##Unvote, ##Vote: scorri

Also, why would Objection lie about his target? Does his team want to bypass the Ascetic or Kay's role for some reason? Your vote is ridiculus, it's pretty much "He might be scum and if he's scum he would have lied about it so he must be scum and lying about it!" The logic is totally backwards.