Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

So welcome to your new forum everyone (though I think nearly everyone here besides myself is a drafter so uh nevermind I guess).

Since getting games finished should be our top priority IMHO, I figured I'd share some of my backlog:

FE6 game between Castle and Refa

and

FE9 Draft/Max stats game between PKL and Elieson (both teams more or less ready to fight it out)

Since I'm hosting Randa vs. PKL right now, it'd be cool if somebody else could run one of the other two to maintain the quick pace we've got going recently. Of course I could also just get to the games myself later. If anyone is willing to lend a hand, I could PM you either of the participants' teams.

Besides that, Quint vs. Refa is still going on, hosted by Nicolas, Ice Sage vs. me (FE5) is about to begin, and numerous people are also planning misc. FE6 and 7 games.

As dondon said, figuring out the rules/peculiarities of one meta at a time would be advisable, and then maybe we could have our first event now that we're in a new section?

Edited by Espinosa

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be going to sleep really soon, so if we could do it tomorrow or another day but quite a bit earlier than now, then I'd prefer that.

No way in hell I'm able to bbcode a match from my phone while driving back to the hotel. Ill prep it asap, worst case scenario, I just copypaste the game tomorrow. Stats are easy to add from my gdocs setup

No way in hell I'm able to bbcode a match from my phone while driving back to the hotel. Ill prep it asap, worst case scenario, I just copypaste the game tomorrow. Stats are easy to add from my gdocs setup

Just saying that there's a timezone difficulty. We could always hold the game some other day, but if it's no trouble to have everything prepared then that's cool also.

Just realized that hosting my the Espi/ice Sage FE5 match will be interesting because I'm missing a few details (might have just overlooked discussion on them).

How do I handle Leadership stars? (And, why wasn't PCC/Leadership included in the OP Resources list?) And what about Movement Stars for re-action?

Edited by Elieson

When you say event, do you mean like a draft or a giant elimination tournament? Either way I think we should stick to 8 and 9. As those are the metas that we are the most certain of.

Also anybody want to test fe7 stat boosters? Or do guys think we should test it again in 8 first?

I've been wondering about this for a second

In Quint vs Randa topic, I noticed Randa used Karel with Brave Sword. Is that even possible?

Not in game, but I asked Espionsa and I didn't get a response so I went ahead with it.

That's an interesting concept (Brave Sword Karel)
Technically, it would not be allowed, because weapons and equipment have always been limited to what is possible to acquire in-game, and without hacking. Obviously, BS!Karel does not fall under that. PKL is right though, it's really not likely to make much of a difference.

Congrats on getting this expanded by the way!

So, after a couple of matches I was wondering the viability of including enemy teams. Like including the Four Fangs from FE7, with Final chapter stats and lck stat being the one of their original chapter or so. Like a Lloyd, Linus, Ursula, Sonia and Brendan Team, and modify their supports according to game's story; Linus x Lloyd A, Sonia x Brendan B and Sonia x Ursula A, I dunno. What do you guys think?

Edited by Quintessence

That's an interesting concept (Brave Sword Karel)

Technically, it would not be allowed, because weapons and equipment have always been limited to what is possible to acquire in-game, and without hacking. Obviously, BS!Karel does not fall under that. PKL is right though, it's really not likely to make much of a difference.

karel can coexist with the brave sword. use the mine glitch on a map with a brave sword enemy.

EDIT: mine glitch got me thinking of an FE8 meta that allows the consequences of the mine glitch. basically, dark magic on everything. also stone.

Edited by dondon151