Fire Emblem: Wretched Whispers, Act 1: Three Days

SB.

Declan paled slightly at the mention of Velms being her homeland, considering most of his ruffian days were spent in that area. "I... I see... Tell, me was it around Handres where you lived, by chance?" He asked, deciding to eschew subtlety and secrecy en lieu of trying to put the last pieces of the puzzle together. "I... I used to live around there... I may have met you before." He added, perhaps looking to justify himself without mentioning any of his past details.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Eh? Ze capital? Non, my village, eet was far from zere, near the mountains..." Luckily, he hadn't taken the book, so she stuffed it away. Despite saying he could see it, the contents would probably embarrass her, if someone else were to read it. It was very shifty in its advice. "I do not sink we would 'ave met before if you lived in ze capital, Declan." She thought about her book for a moment, before giving him a stern look. "Eef zis ees un tenter at 'itting on me, eet is not very good. I 'ope you are juste asking because you are curieux." She shook her head and made a clicking sound with her tongue a few times. "Ah, I ah'm so young, eet is no wonder you are trying. Mon beauté ees in pleine floraison, maintenant." She laughed.

Declan smirked; he was satisfied with that answer because it meant that it wasn't his fault she was in this situation. "Well, that certainly helps clear my head... to be honest, I was thinking of something else entirely." He replied, in an honestly thankful tone - unusual for him, but there was a legitimate reason for that. Her second statement, however, was something that amused him arguably moreso. "Tch, yeah right... I'm not interested. Though, I'm not surprised you'd be hoping for that to be the case, however; I'm young, from a wealthy family, and - dare I say - ruggedly handsome." He added, striking a blatantly over-the-top pose as he did so.

Diana pondered Taima's words. Hmm... that does sound okay... the more chances to get away from Wolfgang, the better. "Okay, sure. However can I ask one thing first? How would you describe Mel?" Diana had considered asking to go talk to Mel herself, but caught herself before it slipped.

"Hmm... good question. Uhm... Enthusiastic? Maybe a tad naive. But nice." Taima shrugged slightly. "I think Magali knows her slightly better than I do. She's been talking to her a lot about staff healing and such after all."

"I see... this may be uh, interesting." Diana brushed her hair away from her face, as it had started to go every which way. Enthusiastic... I just hope she's not loud. Ugh, my hair sometimes. I wonder why I have it so long...

Whatever he meant by what he'd said first, she didn't know. A shrug happened. As for what he said next... "Eheh... Ahahah... Ahaaaahahaha!" Mel erupted into glorious laughter, clutching her sides, and even keeling over a bit. "C-C'est drôle! Franchement! Je ne peux pas respirer..." After a few more laughs, Mel finally calmed herself down, wiping tears from her eyes, having laughed so hard. "Merci, Declan. Enjoy ze rest of votre jour." 'E ees a silly one, zat ees for sure. She turned from him and decided it was time to bother some other people. The girls had all gathered together, so that felt like target number one. She hoped her laugh hadn't put them off, though. "'Ello!" a happy voice said, coming up to them. "Quoi de ne... Er, what ees up?"

"Well, Melanie is certainly cheerful, speaks a little wei--" Magali couldn't even finish describing the girl in her own pace, as the same showed up and greeted the group alright, after an apparent fit of laughter.

"Oh, hello, Mel. We're just greeting, this here is Diana." Magali replied, motioning her hand to point at the brunette. "She can use staves, just like us~." Magali didn't know if she should mention of the plans when they reached town, she decided Taima could probably share the idea, anyways.

With Melanie having been sufficiently amused enough to leave and presumably not hate his guts anymore, Declan decided that he should look for the other dark mage in the group. I feel a bit bad for ditching him in the way that I did... I really should go be more friendly with him. Turning around, he headed back towards the area he came from, and had hoped to find Wolfgang there.

Zey 'ave been talking about me? Zat feels nice... Mel smiled, and was happy to know that there was another who could use staffs. "Eh, yes, I can, zough I ah'm not as good as Magali at eet. I 'ave only juste started, after all..." Praise was something weird for Mel. Despite claiming faith in her own abilities, it was always weird to have others give her the same treatment. "Donc, uh... Votre nom, eet was Diana, non? I 'eard it while zat magic man was talking to Declan. Enchanté de faire votre connaissance." She gave a small curtsy and offered Diana her smile.

Diana listened to Mel talk, but could not understand most of her dialect. "Um... Mel? I apologise, but uh... I could not understand most of what you just said..." Diana looked around nervously after saying that.

"Oh!" Mel stopped for a moment, a bit surprised. Perhaps she'd been spoiled by most of the people around knowing what she had been saying, for the most part. "Je suis dé... Er, I ah'm sorry. I keep forgetting zat, uh... Not all of you can speak eet. I said zat I 'eard your name was Diana, and zat eet is a... Un... Plaisir... A pleasure to make your...meet you." Melanie struggled with a few of the words, but eventually got them out, though she was embarrassed. "Sorry. I ah'm not ze best with the larger words."

"You're probably looking for 'make your acquaintance, no?" Taima offered to Mel. "No need to feel bad about not knowing everything about a language that's not your first. 'Sides, some native speakers probably speak worse than you, so really, nothing to worry about. Right Diana?"

Sheikah stood up and cleared her throat before turning to the group. "Okay, that's been long enough! Let's get going, okay? Can't be here too long, after all."

--

Chapter 2: Ardiera Under Siege

After a brief stop at the Irskan base, Hart's Hollows arrived in Ardiera with little issue and met with Artemis. The food, bath, and sleep that night was welcome after a long day, but the early knock on each door the following morning by their leader was less enjoyable.

"The looks on your faces seem to say most of you didn't enjoy that... well, we have to be alert! Tyrius on the move probably means full-scale invasion, so we'll have to be aware at all times. There's plenty of places to stock up on whatever you'd like or do whatever. Here's your pay. I'll be at the stables. You're free to head out." Sheikah took her leave at the end of her speech.

Map

http://gyazo.com/d9457470b66ab42342b8a151d428f99d

Places you can go: armory/forge, vendor/enchanter, special merchant, inn (east offmap), stables (north offmap)

you guys can respond to earlier stuff if you want

Edited by Reinfleche

Wandering through town with Diana, Taima spied what appeared to be a merchant's wagon. "Hmm, Diana, lets go check that out. Who knows what we'll find." Walking up to the wagon, Taima smiled at the merchant. "Hello! What do you have for sale today?"

What une pittoresque town zey 'ave 'ere. Melanie was enjoying seeing actual houses for a change, having been camping out or walking for so long. Taima and Diana were going off somewhere, so the thought of following them came to mind, though there was something more pressing at hand. "Magali, un instant, please!" She took out two hundred gold and gave it to the woman. "Zis ees for using up votre staff. I 'ope it 'elps you to buy une nouvelle." She quickly hopped off after Taima and Diana after doing so, wondering what the fuss was regarding this wagon.

Artemis' Fire tome looked a little well, rusty. There could be a lot more battling ahead (against hopefully monsters only), so it couldn't hurt to buy some supplies for the journey ahead. She was a bit exhausted after yesterday, but that breakfast really did hit the spot and made all of her worries go away. Well, all of the ones she could remember, anyways. "I'll be off to the Vendor if anyone needs me!" She proclaimed loudly, not really quite sure anyone was paying attention at all. With that, she went off to the Vendor. "Hello, I'd like to buy one Lighthunderux...Uh, the tome that shoots thundery bolts please. That is, if you have any left?" Having not really bought a tome since like forever, she sort of forgot what exactly what she was trying to buy in the first place. It never seemed particularly important at the time!

Edited by Refa

@Taima

A short brown haired man dressed blue robes had been sat at the front of the wagon, reading over a tome of some sort when Taima spoke up, making him jump slightly. "Oh, a customer. Right.." he muttered for a second, in thought. "Sorry about that. Guessing by the way you're dressed, I'm assuming you're a mercenary right? I think I have just the weapon for you..." he muttered, disappearing into his wagon for a few seconds before returning with a spear in his hand. "This thing right here is a rarity. It was carefully forged by an expert blacksmith for a the use of a skilled lancer. If you manage to reach your enemy first, you can keep them from hitting you back." He smirked, leaving out the detail that it would probably prevent the wielder from doing the same. "It'll only cost you 450 gold for it! It's dirt cheap considering how well made this thing is. You're clearly experienced enough to know that a good weapon is the key to surviving on a battlefield, you wouldn't want to pass something like this up!" In reality, the man had no clue how experienced Taima was or not, but flattery was always the key to a successful sale. Or con. Right now though, it was just a sale.

@Artemis

A slightly shopkeeper behind the counter stood there confused for a moment when he heard Artemis' request. What the hell was a Lightthunderux tome? Was she looking for one of those weird... multispells? Or whatever they were called? They didn't have any of them here. He just scratched his head for a moment, until the rider made her demands a little more... understandable. "Oh, just a standard thunder tome? Why didn't ya just say so in the first place?" he laughed, picking one of the spellbooks out from behind him. "Yeah, we've got a few of those left. If ya want it, it'll cost ya 500."

Edited by Shark Bait

"Ehhh? Zat sounds fantastique!" Melanie piped up from behind Taima and Diana. "You should take zat, Taima. Eef I could use ze weapons, I would definitely do so. Stop all of my enemies in zeir tracks! Hahaha!" Mel laughed with gustow, trying to put on a small show of her own to match the merchant's. "Or save your money. Eet is, of course, votre choix... Your choice, I mean." Diana was still there, so she had to cut back on her language.

"Oh... I don't want you to, I'm fine with--" Magali tried to protest, but her slow speaking pace guaranteed the girl hopped away after the others. Shrugging, Magali decided it wouldn't hurt to comply with the girl's wishes.

Making her way to the vendor, she met... the pegasus girl that was following them so far, whom seemed to be shopping herself, for some reason Magali didn't quite notice her proclaiming earlier. "Oh, hello. Hi." She greeted both the woman and the vendor, taking a step forward. "I'd like to see a vulnerary, if there's any." Magali finished, clearly addressing the merchant only now.

Edited by Xinnidy

Diana gave Mel a slight nod. "I understand. It is good to meet you..."

Diana listened to Taima and the merchant converse. Diana whispers to Taima, "Hey Taima... you should probably ask to have a feel of the lance before you buy it. I have a weird feeling about this..." Diana looked at the merchant. "Um... would you happen to have anything that I could use?" Diana pulled out her staff as an indicator.

After having given the money and receiving the Thunder tome in exchange (awww, that new tome smell), Artemis turned around and noticed the dancer girl from earlier. What was her name again? "Heya! I think we met earlier, in that one battle? With all of the revenants and bonewalkers? Didn't quite catch your name there, I'm Artemis! I deliver messages for a living, my blood type is O+, and according to my horoscope I'm an Anima. Heh, that was probably too much information, wasn't it..." Artemis finished, slightly embarrassed. One of these days, talking too much was going to get her killed. Or at least into an incredibly boring situation.

Edited by Refa

@Diana

The merchant glanced at Diana briefly, checking for weapons and what she seemed capable of using. "Swords and staves huh?" he called, not really waiting for a response, he left the lance propped up against the side of the wagon and disappeared for a few seconds, before emerging with a blade in one hand and a slightly used staff in the other. "I've got this sword in somewhere that won't put you behind when you're up against a lance. Does fine against axes too, I suppose. If you're looking for something a staff, I this one here puts that one you're carrying there to shame. It's sorta... worn a bit, but I assure you it's a lifesaver. The sword is 400, the staff is 650. You interested?"

@Artemis/Magali

"Cheers..." The shopkeeper muttered unenthusiastic, clearly hoping that she would just leave him in peace. Instead, she just got talking to a new customer, unfortunately. Thankfully, the new arrival seemed a little less bubbly than the first one, and was pretty much straight to the point with what she wanted. "Just a vulnerary, yeah? We've got plenty of 'em, it's gonna cost ya 200 gold for it."

Edited by Shark Bait

Melanie was disappointed by the staff cost, almost going as far as regretting giving Magali her money so readily. But, it had been for a good cause, so she wasn't about to complain. "Excuse, excuse monsieur. Do you 'ave any magic?" the small girl asked, poking her head into the conversation, between the older women. "I could use ze staff, but I ah'm short on ze gold, and I feel zat Diana may wish for eet. Donc, uh... Any dark magic 'iding in your wagon?"

Hmmm... that is tempting... Diana thought to herself. Scratching her head for a little, Diana then rummages around for her gold purse. She pulls out 650 gold and hands it to the merchant. "I will take the staff, please."