Mystery Mafia 2 - Game Over

Grace

I just cannot find any motivation for this game. moofia sucks.

Anyways I might be the only person but I don't buy elie's claim. He really seemed to have no reason to claim, he has about as much activity as I do since his claim, ie none, and he hasn't exactly been towny anyways.

Blitz is kinda going super tunnelly on me. Seems to be trying to find reasons why I'm scum instead of finding scum, which is really whatever. People do that way to much in general so that's kinda scummy but whatever. idc.

Fuck it I'm voting Elie.

##Vote : Elie

I think Randa is scummy for Paper's death (hint: Randa ALWAYS kills people who suspects him)

Let the records show that I did not want to kill you. It was kirsches idea and I had no real justification not to. I had no control over the night kills that game. Nor have my scum teams gone and killed people who suspected me in my like two other scum games since.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Blitz: No, I'm perfectly understanding of why people want Randa/FFM lynched. I'm just preferring an Elie lynch over those two.

Via's sub out is kind of weird and I'm curious why they didn't try and case BBM D1 if they suspected him? Unfortunately I'm not gonna get an answer for that now because mafia sucks. Blitz's entrance seemed kind of eh and it looks like he's sort of picking at easy things to scumread with Prims and Randa. I kind of feel like he would be making more of an impact here if he was town?

BBM's Poly case is alright and Poly's entrance today basically feels like nothing has changed since yesterday? It's kind of frustrating because it feels like he's just parked on Eli at this point. Kind of worried that he just wasn't talking to his buddies or like Paper said he could've been coached. Poly, what do you think of Blitz and Marth?

Marf's Prims vote is kind of bad because I have no idea why he's really voting there? He devotes a pretty big chunk of text to Randa but then doesn't vote him because of the "inactive" excuse which... doesn't really hold up considering Randa has a lot of posts? It feels like he should've unvoted by this point too but the vote is still there which is weird.

Randa's return post is kind of terrible and looks like borederline omgus for reasoning and more like a compramise than an actual suspicion. Would probably vote there at the end of the day but I kind of want pressure elsewhere right now.

##Vote: Bluedoom

Meant to get this out hours ago and start studying but things happened. I kind of expect to be kind inactive this phase due to school starting again and upcoming mocks so yeah.

I think Via's sub out comes from town but can't explain this without basically insulting them. Also Blitz reads like town Blitz going hard whereas scum Blitz isn't as good at finding points to aggressively press.

SB, what do you think of the lurkers themselves?

I'm willing to switch to Randa whenever.

I dunno why people aren't interested in FFM. They seem to just be ignoring him because there's nothing to look at, which is a good way to give scum lurkers a pass. What little he does have is scummy and what's not there just makes him look worse.

However, I'm OK switching to Randa because if FFM doesn't pop up soon he'll get modkilled at the end of the phase.

It doesn't feel to me like Blitz is gunning that hard though? It felt like he sort of latched onto obvious and easy points to press and the pushes themselves haven't seemed that inspired. Idk.

My read on FFM is basically the same as it was at the end of the night considering no posts and my read on J is "why hasn't this slot been subbed/modkilled yet" considering Manix was happy to do it with Refa. I keep wondering if it's because Manix doesn't want to blow up a scum slot or something but idk. I want vigs to do things but I don't think we have them unless it's just an even night vig or something.

I dunno why people aren't interested in FFM. They seem to just be ignoring him because there's nothing to look at, which is a good way to give scum lurkers a pass. What little he does have is scummy and what's not there just makes him look worse.

I agree that we shouldn't give him a free pass for being inactive, but I'd prefer to let him get modkilled or have a theoretical vig shoot him than ponder the deep and complex meanings behind his lacking content.

Manix, how long does FFM have to post? I don't trust SF time any more. I'd be careful using mod meta to figure stuff out, it seems a bit of a stretch.

in all honesty I think Elie pulling a disappearing act after surviving D1 is scummy as fuck too.

I don't know what to think at this point. Too many lurkers; the only active player I really find scummy is marf.

Sry last night was AGDQ for fire emblem and I was far more involved with Vykan than I anticipated being. That and cheeky australian clients still drive me bonkers during the workday.

Ill be back to active starting tonight. Actually, starting with

##Vote poly

Why are you even voting for me anymore. Also ffm is probably possibly mafia because sb made a really good point

Prims not actually claiming makes me feel better about him because I feel like hed have thrown out some claim expecting anyone to believe it by now, and his crumbs just dont make sense to me.

Im thinking poly is just thinking like voting for me is cruise control for cool and im honestly thinking SBusser gotta bys but thats not actually a relevant thought just something that crossed my mind

Id kind of like to know what makes bbm so special that he wont get lynched today, but I think im just frustrated at how he said it when I just don't like that sort of play to begin with. It's pretty much all I can think of when I think of bbms activity this game, which means I need to reread him and completely disregard that part of his post when doing so.

Equalling reads on Marth and Blitz. Marth is a bit heavy on the meta but so was paper and I feel like marth does meta cases more as town as opposed to strawgrabbing as scum for anything he can, and Blitz hasn't been as aggressive as he can be when scum (see PIGMafia) so im just not feeling it there either

Reread the thread; it's actually not too bad.

Quote's sub out was pretty town. Basically I don't see Quote bailing on their scumteam like that after promising to be more active. I like Blitz's play so far too, and it's really the only meta read that I'm picking up this game. He's doing Blitz logic inquiries.

Would be fine with any inactive lynch. I don't think J has even posted, and yeah what SB pointed out was weird with how Refa was going to get modkilled when J technically should've been but wasn't. FFM's sub out was def worse than Quote's, cause he didn't try to begin with. Randa I thought started out okay, but that was actually just one post, and not being able to keep it up loses points. Out of these three, Randa vote is sadly most useful, and no one ever lynches megainactives anyway.

##Vote: Randa

Wow I hadn't even voted yet today.

About other people: I actually like Marth's game so far (stuff I've read makes sense). Not sure what the fuss is about. I'm kind of wary of BBM atm, but I'm not really sure how to put it in words. Might have to sub out if I do. I really dk about Prims, but there would be better lynch targets in any case. Kirsche has played well but kirsche isn't actually in this game lol tricked you.

Uhhh I can't remember what Poly's done anymore. Who else is even in this game? Hoping this is one of those games where all the scum are inactive so I don't have to think anymore.

first of all, along with the sub ins, I might be better off with a hydra so that my hydra could take over once I leave

Let the records show that I did not want to kill you. It was kirsches idea and I had no real justification not to. I had no control over the night kills that game. Nor have my scum teams gone and killed people who suspected me in my like two other scum games since.

ah, so that is what happened, but ftr, my post abot you killing Paperblade was meant to be a joke.

now then serious talk, since you are voting for Elie, why do you think he is scummy other than you don't buy his claim?

Can you also explain why he hasn't exactly been townie?

Is there anyone other than Elie you would want lynched and can you actually make a case on said person as well?

moving on,

@Poly, you said Elie has terrible associations, can you explain why certain player seemed like they cannot be scum if Elie flipped scum or something like that?

also, you said Mancer's flip will drop some good associations and since Mancer was lynched, can you expound on what you found from it? (and if you haven't found something from it, can you say what you would have thought if he had flipped scum?)

and so, I did a quick iso on FFM and I see one post making a weird one liner case on Marth and jumping away, which sounds exactly like scum FFM, so, he actually might not be a bad lynch.

Sry last night was AGDQ for fire emblem and I was far more involved with Vykan than I anticipated being. That and cheeky australian clients still drive me bonkers during the workday.

Ill be back to active starting tonight. Actually, starting with

##Vote poly

Why are you even voting for me anymore. Also ffm is probably possibly mafia because sb made a really good point

Prims not actually claiming makes me feel better about him because I feel like hed have thrown out some claim expecting anyone to believe it by now, and his crumbs just dont make sense to me.

Im thinking poly is just thinking like voting for me is cruise control for cool and im honestly thinking SBusser gotta bys but thats not actually a relevant thought just something that crossed my mind

Id kind of like to know what makes bbm so special that he wont get lynched today, but I think im just frustrated at how he said it when I just don't like that sort of play to begin with. It's pretty much all I can think of when I think of bbms activity this game, which means I need to reread him and completely disregard that part of his post when doing so.

Equalling reads on Marth and Blitz. Marth is a bit heavy on the meta but so was paper and I feel like marth does meta cases more as town as opposed to strawgrabbing as scum for anything he can, and Blitz hasn't been as aggressive as he can be when scum (see PIGMafia) so im just not feeling it there either

Addressing the parts in underline , I feel what you mean and I also feel we are getting too old to play mafia.

also, can yo drop some thoughts on what you thought of D1 and N1?

@Prims, can you think of any reason why Paperblade was kiilled at niight instead of the masons?

@Prims, can you think of any reason why Paperblade was kiilled at niight instead of the masons?

possibly PR hunting, he alluded to having a "weird role" and later responded to a joke i made saying "I'm the real doc", that could have been interpreted as a crumb

Sorry for disappearing guys; I was out getting a new blazer for a surprise interview I have tomorrow and when I came back I was super tired and just forgot about mafia entirely. I'll be around tomorrow morning but not for phase end or for like ~9-10 hours before it.

I could see scum Marf I guess; he makes a big deal about Blitz using associative reads without a flip, but his Prims suspicion does essentially the same thing because Prims voting Randa over FFM when having stronger points about the former is only really suspicious if Randa flips scum? His reasoning is also kind of hypocritical because he's essentially doing the same thing by voting Prims over Randa himself.

Randa's post was bad for the reasons SB outlined, but the tone, particularly when speaking about Blitz, felt really defeatist. I know he said he was lacking motivation but it didn't sound like "man too lazy" as much as "man what's the point" and I just feel like he would have made more of an effort to defend himself as scum.

Still think Poly is worse; he keeps not answering my question about why Mancer would have given more associative reads than Elie (note that while he was talking about associative reads from a scumflip, he has made no attempt to find associative reads through a townflip) and his only real post was "I think Elie is worse than Randa or FFM but I'd still lynch either of them", which is a pretty nothing post that leaves him room to jump to any wagon and also provides very little new thoughts. As for Poly being coached by scum if he was scum, I dunno. Refa, Iris, and I kept telling him to post stuff in SF3 and he was just like "yeah okay" and then kept active lurking.

Day 2.1 Votals - I forgot to do these when I woke up Edition

Randa (4): Blitz, Shin, Prims, WeaponsOfMassConstruction

Sara (2): Blackhawk Stinger, Randa

Blackhawk Stinger (2): BBM, Sara

Prims (1): Bluedoom

Bluedoom (1): SB

Not Voting (2): Radiant Dragon, #HBC J

With 12 alive, it takes 4 to lynch at deadline and 7 to hammer. There are 18 hours and 13 minutes left in the day.

Edited by Curly Brace