Feh Channel - April, 2024

I blame everyone who voted for Loki and got her put into Farfetched Heroes.

With mythic alts being a thing now we're just never getting lore characters like Hanon and Soan. Feels like we'll be lucky if we even get Athos.

Makes sense Loki in getting a Mythic Alt because feels weird in Thorr being one but not Loki,  although I didn't expect it on this book.

Her color share is alright. Guinivere is okay-ish, but Ginnungagap is quite good.

Too bad she is a Dark Mythic. Not that interested in defensive Mythics. Being able to remove bonus effects of foes is an nice effect. The banner is still a skip though.

Lol, lmao even at those Merged Ordeals.

The end of month 8% banners have been really struggling for some time now, so of course IS goes with a band-aid fix instead of a more drastic one. And as a bonus, they very transparently showed their greed to all of us.

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I blame everyone who voted for Loki and got her put into Farfetched Heroes.

If anything, IS is actually far too late with this idea.

Loki isn't even top five among the female FEH OCs these days and barely made it into the top 100 (at 99th) of CYL8. In CYL8, she got outranked by (in order) Sharena, Freyja, Fjorm, Nidhoggr, Nerthuz, Seidr, Hraesvelgr and Kvasir. 

Times like these, I'm glad Medeus and Formortiis got in when they did. At this point I'm starting to doubt we'll get any lore mythics anymore.

Edited by Medeus

26 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If anything, IS is actually far too late with this idea.

It's more that Loki was probably always going to get some sort of special version, and they probably had plans to do something with her even back then.

People giving her enough votes to get her into farfetched heroes forced them to release the non-special Loki that we already have, but that didn't override the fact that they probably wanted to release actually mythic Loki after Thorr was added as a mythic.

So Loki's basically Lumera 2.0

I think the fog of war makes her more risqué. Haha.

As for the greedy thing, this is not about food nor water, nor is it a charity, so I think being greedy is fine. Just like everyone else here, developers got bills to pay and mouths to feed. And think of it another way, having Heroes around gives more financial leeway to the main series. If they accidentally fucked up and made a doodoo main game, they can point to strong interest and sales in Heroes to avoid axing the series. Just look at Advance Wars, it is still in a ditch, barely crawling around. At least it is not in the grave anymore, but it pales in comparison to its glory days, and it certainly pales in comparison to Fire Emblem.

It also does not seem like they are removing Dragonflowers from those Heroes' regular Ordeals either, so Merge Ordeals is just extra rewards on top for whales who help keep the lights on.

Meh on merged ordeals since I am lucky if i get one copy of a hero that is on the legendary/mythic banner, but since it is only dragon flowers locked behind it I don't mind it too much (if it was grails and orbs then I would be annoyed).  I am happy about the 4*special banners being 3 a week since it was getting pretty backed up.  Golden week is the normal stuff maybe if I am lucky the last 2 Eties I need for my +10 project will show up on the free pulls.

Ah yes Loki. Anyone else remember she was a presence in the story? Loki kept plotting stuff the writers then forgot about. Scheming in the background for some reason in the early books, being behind the tempest or assembling the avengers. 

I fucking died at the censors on Loki's art.

Merged Ordeals seems pretty cool, though it would've been nice if they extended it to also include some earlier units. It's not like they lose anything by increasing Dragonflower income by a bit since demand for them is pretty much always going to exceed supply.

Rokkr Sieges finally returning is good news. It's one of the most fun event types for me, and I really want to see how hilariously broken some of the newer units can be in the mode. The Dragonflower rewards are also pretty nice.

I'll cover remix stuff in the remix and refinery threads, but Sigurd's remixed skill looks like the first time they've had to abbreviate a remixed skill name in Japanese.

And the usual translation notes:

Loki's epithet is "戯神" (gishin), "God of Jest". The English video doesn't appear to include her epithet.

Supreme Thökk is "神杖セック" (shinjō sekku), "Divine Staff Thökk".

Dazzling Discord is "幻惑・不和の烙印" (genwaku: fuwa no rakuin), "Dazzlement: Brand of Discord". As usual, "幻惑" (genwaku), "dazzlement", is an abbreviation of "幻惑の杖" (genwaku no tsue), "Dazzling Staff", which is the name of the Dazzling Staff skill.

Divine Deceit is "神杖天空を偽る" (shinjō tenkū o itsuwaru), "The Divine Staff Deceives the Heavens".

Holy-Knight II is "グランベルの…・承" (guranberu no...: shō), "Grandbell's...: Second". The original skill name, Holy-Knight Aura, is "グランベルの聖騎士" (guranberu no seikishi), "Grandbell's Holy Knight". "承" (shō) is an abbreviation for "承句" (shōku), "successive phrase", which refers to the second line of a Chinese four-line poem. Used here as a single-character suffix, it's equivalent to "Mark-2".

Edited by Ice Dragon

While I don't like Loki as a character, I cannot possibly argue against her inclusion as a Mythic. Hell, if there were only, say, half-a-dozen Mythic heroes total in FEH, Loki would easily be justifiable as one of them. (Askr, Embla, Hel, Thorr, Loki and uh, one of the goats?)

5 hours ago, XRay said:

If they accidentally fucked up and made a doodoo main game

If?

EDIT: Uhh, that wasn't supposed to be a pun.

Edited by Humanoid

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:
5 hours ago, XRay said:

If they accidentally fucked up and made a doodoo main game

If?

Well, Fates was a huge fuck up in terms of localization in my opinion, but it did financially well. I think Awakening and every game after did well too. Engage is no Three Houses, but it still sold plenty, around the level of Shadows of Valentia. Like Shadows of Valentia, and unlike most of its modern peers, Engage stimulated our brains, but it did not titillate our hearts, and I think the lack of romance hurts it quite a bit. Hell, although Heroes does not have much romance either, we still got Summoner Support and the S rank music sounds close enough marriage for players to pretend they are romancing their favorite waifus and husbandos (and the gacha and collecting aspect certainly helps).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Holy-Knight II is "グランベルの…・承" (guranberu no...: shō), "Grandbell's...: Second". The original skill name, Holy-Knight Aura, is "グランベルの聖騎士" (guranberu no seikishi), "Grandbell's Holy Knight". "承" (shō) is an abbreviation for "承句" (shōku), "successive phrase", which refers to the second line of a Chinese four-line poem. Used here as a single-character suffix, it's equivalent to "Mark-2".

Since I mentioned it, I added Holy-Knight II to the translation notes since the remixed skill name was changed in Japanese due to length limits.

Loki feels like a special case like Lumera. It's unusual for OCs to have a main-pool version but not a legendary/mythic/ascended/rearmed version, and she's a particularly notable and old case. The cloud effect is really weird, though.

Merged Ordeals sound fine to me. I don't really use dragonflowers these days, but it's nice to have the possibility of more of a consolation prize for a duplicate.

It's good that we're finally moving up to three weekly revivals. Are the CYL5 units the only additions to the revival pool?

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Well, Fates was a huge fuck up in terms of localization in my opinion, but it did financially well.

I always thought that what they were localising was more of the issue. Every child character being a tehnical adult or Soleil's...everything might have been dumb but its not like Fates gave them much of a choice. 

Huh. Normally I get hyped by at least 1 thing in Feh Channels. Just...none of this really applied to me personally. But dang, what is with FEH and Loki? She has her own season in Aether Raids already, and now she gets a Rokr focus and was basically a guest celebrity in this Feh Channel.

Also, a long time ago, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that we'd eventually get Loki in her true form. Looks like that's happening now. I appreciate that they had Surtr on the team when they were showing off her skills, as a reference to when she was introduced and who she was aiding at the time. There was awkward sensorship. But also I don't like her and her outfit looks super contrived. Looks like a pain to assemble and put on and stuff, and it doesn't even look good (and I'm not even talking about all the skin showing, which also annoys me, but no, I just mean from a design perspective. Especially the weird suspended napkin thing in front of her hips.) SUCH an easy skip for me, personally.

Also, I think I see a bit more evidence to something someone guessed before: IS hating Ike for some reason. Like, I'm glad that Emblem Ike made it into the game and he's a good unit, but the timing makes it look like they wanted him out of the way before this dragonflowers incentive got added. I don't really care, though; I got my copy and I'm happy.

26 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Looks like a pain to assemble and put on and stuff,

As someone who has friends who cosplay and who occasionally helps them put on their costumes, I can assure you this one is on the easier side.

32 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Also, I think I see a bit more evidence to something someone guessed before: IS hating Ike for some reason. Like, I'm glad that Emblem Ike made it into the game and he's a good unit, but the timing makes it look like they wanted him out of the way before this dragonflowers incentive got added. I don't really care, though; I got my copy and I'm happy.

I fail to see how this is hating Ike in any way. Merged Ordeals don't make the unit any stronger and is only an incentive to spend more orbs on the unit. Emblem Ike hasn't lost out on anything other than marketing, which is something he obviously doesn't need. Ike is popular with or without incentives to pull for him.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

If?

Your personal opinion on a game isn't a factor in this context.

5 hours ago, Florete said:

Your personal opinion on a game isn't a factor in this context.

I don't think personal opinions are needed to say that there have been some instances of FE games selling below IS's targets.

12 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I always thought that what they were localising was more of the issue. Every child character being a tehnical adult or Soleil's...everything might have been dumb but its not like Fates gave them much of a choice. 

For me personally, it was the severe restriction of the petting game, removal of a few of the accessories, and Saizo's and Beruka's lack of C support. Not a fan of Treehouse ever since then. To me, the localization was the biggest disappointment. My main gripe with Fates unrelated to the localization is that I could not get everyone in Revelations, missing Izana, missing Yukimura, Scarlet dying, and Gunter leaving. But other than that, I was pretty happy with Fates. I was also disappointed to learn that Treehouse handles Heroes too, but thankfully, they did not botch Heroes that much compared to what they did to Fates.

Supports and romance scream Fire Emblem as much as the weapon triangle. Engage still did pretty well considering it lacked romance, but I hope that Intelligent System brings back romance in the future. On the other hand, I do not mind them dropping the weapon triangle and durability, or even better, just turn them into optional mechanics like permadeath so everyone can be happy. I also really love dress up and accessories, so I hope they further expand on that in future titles; it would be nice if they can make it as in-depth as Pokémon X and Y's character customization. Fates' base building is also really cool, but outside of Fates and Heroes (Aether Raids), I do not think that will be a consistent feature they can just slap onto any game, unlike romance and costumes.

16 hours ago, XRay said:

For me personally, it was the severe restriction of the petting game, removal of a few of the accessories, and Saizo's and Beruka's lack of C support. Not a fan of Treehouse ever since then. To me, the localization was the biggest disappointment. My main gripe with Fates unrelated to the localization is that I could not get everyone in Revelations, missing Izana, missing Yukimura, Scarlet dying, and Gunter leaving. But other than that, I was pretty happy with Fates. I was also disappointed to learn that Treehouse handles Heroes too, but thankfully, they did not botch Heroes that much compared to what they did to Fates.

Supports and romance scream Fire Emblem as much as the weapon triangle. Engage still did pretty well considering it lacked romance, but I hope that Intelligent System brings back romance in the future. On the other hand, I do not mind them dropping the weapon triangle and durability, or even better, just turn them into optional mechanics like permadeath so everyone can be happy. I also really love dress up and accessories, so I hope they further expand on that in future titles; it would be nice if they can make it as in-depth as Pokémon X and Y's character customization. Fates' base building is also really cool, but outside of Fates and Heroes (Aether Raids), I do not think that will be a consistent feature they can just slap onto any game, unlike romance and costumes.

I have my fair share of complaints about the localization of Fates, most of which XRay mentioned. Even still, the localization is just a minor stain that doesn’t stop Conquest and Revelation from being my favorite Fire Emblem games by a substantial margin.

I’ve been a Fire Emblem fan since 2009, and I agree with XRay that a lot of those things are part of Fates’ appeal. Last night I was playing Path of Radiance (I might start up my old playlog again…) and I couldn’t help but think about features from more recent FE games. It would be amazing if the barracks weren’t just a set of menus but a physical area where you could interact with your allies and even customize like My Castle, and I also found myself wishing I could S-support Soren. Come to think of it, that’s probably why I S-supported Jakob in my first Conquest playthrough. I saw a lot of the same things that appeal to me about Soren in him, and they’re both my favorite characters in their respective games.