[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

Zealot's Tale is broken.. keeps resetting the game for me.

Which kinda sucks seeing now i'm stuck at "Ilia's Young Commander" with no way back... :(

Damn thats my problem as well sad.gif

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jake achievement is one of the strange bugged ones. You're SUPPOSED to get it by finding him in every main tale (ie, not Merlinus' Douglas' or Rath's). Instead it unlocks earlier, but when talked to he just says his Pherae dialogue.

speaking of the jake pherae dialogue, why on earth would anyone step ontop of the chests in the treasure room(i assume he's there due to stepping on both chests to the left and right at the start and him not appearing.

To look for him? That's the point of it I'd think.

stepping on random titles to find someone?

wouldn't that be an luck based achievement like TF2's "Crockets are such BS" where you got to fire off two random critical hit rockets in a row.

nevermind this conflicts with the "Dastards" achievement where you got to beat the chapter in 10 turns or less.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

stepping on random titles to find someone?

wouldn't that be an luck based achievement like TF2's "Crockets are such BS" where you got to fire off two random critical hit rockets in a row.

nevermind this conflicts with the "Dastards" achievement where you got to beat the chapter in 10 turns or less.

Stefan.

It's not even luck-based. You just need to step on the chests.

Well, a new map is going to be used anyway. In any case, it's not like you have to do both in one play. You can just play the Tale again to get the other one.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

well you got a point with everything but stefan...who that way of recuitment should never be used in any game...but i'll adress that in another topic.

Well, my point is that the idea is not unheard of; and once you know, it's much much easier.

First off, it's an achievement. You don't have to get it. It's like saying that the desert items in any vanilla FE ever are unfair, seeing as you have to dig around and get lucky to find them.

Secondly, if you're that concerned about finding it in a short time period, disassemble the event and find it yourself.

There's a big difference in the event being random luck, or else knowing ahead of time, where to stand, and it being actually, you know, doable without asking where to stand exactly.

And the desert example is pretty bad, since its tradition for items not only to appear, but to appear in certain areas, in the deserts. Any casual fan of the series picks up on the hint faster than they would Jeigan.

First off, it's an achievement. You don't have to get it. It's like saying that the desert items in any vanilla FE ever are unfair, seeing as you have to dig around and get lucky to find them.

Secondly, if you're that concerned about finding it in a short time period, disassemble the event and find it yourself.

Maybe I'm quaint and old-fashioned, but I would think that it shouldn't be necessary to hack the game in order to figure out what to do.

I think what he meant to say was "If you're that concerned about finding it in a short time period and are extremely lazy, disassemble the event and find it yourself."

And still, key point in all of this, it's extra content, achievements. You by no means need to get them nor does the game have to give you an obvious hint. Since we don't like the desert example, let's try an example from a different game.

Pokemon, getting a Milotic in gen 3 required it to have high beauty. What exactly is high beauty? Getting it's beauty stat maxed out. What was the hint you got?

8G7i.png

Absolutely nothing. It requires reading in-between the lines, and people figured it out.

I think what he meant to say was "If you're that concerned about finding it in a short time period and are extremely lazy, disassemble the event and find it yourself."

And still, key point in all of this, it's extra content, achievements. You by no means need to get them nor does the game have to give you an obvious hint. Since we don't like the desert example, let's try an example from a different game.

Pokemon, getting a Milotic in gen 3 required it to have high beauty. What exactly is high beauty? Getting it's beauty stat maxed out. What was the hint you got?

8G7i.png

Absolutely nothing. It requires reading in-between the lines, and people figured it out.

That's fine. I don't think there's anything that wrong with hidden content that's hard to find. I just think that as defenses for it goes, "you can hack the game and solve the problem that way" is a particularly poor defense for it.

what? I'm not a creator. I haven't done anything for this hack. I've just played it and could hack it to figure out all the secrets. I'd be a 3rd-party strategy guide maker. :P

Arch's comment about making a guide stated his would be $20, I assume the above poster was implying he'd have to buy both yours and Arch's, purely because he'd want Arch's as well for creator commentary, you may also note he stated $40, 20 + 20 = ?.