Advance Wars Mafia

Tables

I'm just going to come out and say that I don't actually have a vote - apparently, my handwriting is too illegible, and all votes have to be handwritten (according to my role report). So, if I don't bother to vote, you know why. I'd still advise against lynching me, but that's your call.

So what, you can vote, but your vote doesn't count? Is that what you're saying?

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From your context, I would assume you were a politician, you alternate alignments between town and mafia every 2 days, but the problem is, Politicians' votes normally count double, rather than not count at all.

From your context, I would assume you were a politician, you alternate alignments between town and mafia every 2 days, but the problem is, Politicians' votes normally count double, rather than not count at all.

It's entirely possible that I've been lying about my voting restriction (or lack thereof) so far this game. However, if I were a politician, then there's really no good reason for anyone to lynch me or kill me, since I can be powerful to either side depending on how I feel at the time.

It's entirely possible that I've been lying about my voting restriction (or lack thereof) so far this game. However, if I were a politician, then there's really no good reason for anyone to lynch me or kill me, since I can be powerful to either side depending on how I feel at the time.

The politician is particularly annoying for the town if they have a double vote, and often it is optimal for the town to get rid of them by having everyone vote for themselves, and the politician will either not vote for himself, or will and die because of double vote. Unfortunately that's not an option in a game this big.

The politician is particularly annoying for the town if they have a double vote, and often it is optimal for the town to get rid of them by having everyone vote for themselves, and the politician will either not vote for himself, or will and die because of double vote. Unfortunately that's not an option in a game this big.

And let's say that I have no vote, am a politician, and we all vote for ourselves. As a result, everyone but me would die, right? It would be 1 vote for each person, but since we have to lynch someone, everyone gets lynched except for me, which leads to a victory for the town?

And let's say that I have no vote, am a politician, and we all vote for ourselves. As a result, everyone but me would die, right? It would be 1 vote for each person, but since we have to lynch someone, everyone gets lynched except for me, which leads to a victory for the town?

depends on what IET does in the event of a tie, plus you factor in the fool/lyncher, but I think they would joint win with town if that were to happen.

The main problem is that there isn't enough time for everyone to self vote.

There's still time to gather more information. If nothing else, I'd like to see some responses to what I've done, since I've done some things of... questionable strategic value.

Which sounds reasonable enough to me. Since I want to see more of what people will do...

##Unvote, Vote Fayt

This sounds...fucking insane. NOOSE UP BITCHES Unvote Fayt; Vote Yossarian

I'm just going to come out and say that I don't actually have a vote - apparently, my handwriting is too illegible, and all votes have to be handwritten (according to my role report). So, if I don't bother to vote, you know why. I'd still advise against lynching me, but that's your call.

Obviously, this means that I'm not a generic townie, and by extension, increases the odds that I'm actually SK/Mafia/Cult, but all I'm going to say is that I'm not any of those three. I am indeed sided with the town for the time being.

##Vote: Fayt

If you're not Town 24/7, I don't want you alive. Much too risky. Even moreso if you have a good ability too.

You guys will get less info than you could've if you kill me now.

That doesn't convince me. Too vague.

What are the current votes anyway? There's so much unvoting and re-voting going on in this game that I have absolutely no clue who actually has the most votes on him right now.

Obviously, this means that I'm not a generic townie, and by extension, increases the odds that I'm actually SK/Mafia/Cult, but all I'm going to say is that I'm not any of those three. I am indeed sided with the town for the time being.

Hmm...

Fuck I'd vote you but you already voted yourself so I can't >_>

I'll confirm now that only one person is getting lynched today. Maybe two at tops if the town gets really deadlocked (but I don't see that happening, really).

Oh, and I thought I'd note; if a neutral wins, they win first, but that doesn't mean they come first - I'm using first as a description of time, not ranking. The town/anti-town team who wins after that also 'wins' - they're the second team to win. Sorry if anyone was confused by that

Edited by I Eat Tables

##Vote: Fayt

If you're not Town 24/7, I don't want you alive. Much too risky. Even moreso if you have a good ability too.

Well, perhaps I should clarify that by 'for the time being', I meant that so as not to exclude the possibility of a yakuza conversion or cult recruitment. I'm pretty sure that I can't spontaneously switch sides, but at this point, I'm probably getting lynched, so I'm not particularly inclined to keep defending myself all that vigorously.

Wait.

So you're going to vote Fayt because he claims to be town 'for the time being'? Do you know how stupid that would be if Fayt really were mafia or at least not on the town's side? Fayt isn't stupid, I know this. Proto, I don't like the looks of you. I don't care if that 'mafia claim' was a joke or not, the way you're behaving is odd.

Something else that I find odd though is that Fayt isn't defending himself that adamantly anymore. He seems to be giving up as more and more people vote for him, so that fact is actually making me more suspicious than anything else. Fayt, if more and more people vote for you, why can't your reveal more as a last measure?

(edit: typo)

Edited by Bizz

Something else that I find odd though is that Fayt isn't defending himself that adamantly anymore. He seems to be giving up as more and more people vote for him, so that fact is actually making me more suspicious than anything else. Fayt, if more and more people vote for you, why can't your reveal more as a last measure?

Fine. I'm the town drunk. I can't vote because I'm too drunk to write anything out.

Furthermore, everything I said about 'for the time being' and 'for now' was a hedge to keep the mafia from targeting me, so I could survive a bit longer. But it seems that that's not possible anymore. I don't want anyone to protect me tonight, should I survive to see nightfall. If you want to waste a lynch to kill me, go ahead.

By the way, I'm not so sure that there even is a mafia in this game. Think about it. That's all I'm going to say.