Advance Wars Mafia

Tables

I think there are 3 cult as of the beginning of this night phase, as they killed on Night 3, which means they had 4 members then. The 2 cult deaths reduced their number to 2, and so on Night 4, they recruited to have 3 now. Since there are still 8 people alive, the next recruit would achieve parity and a win for them. Therefore, I think SlayerX should shoot, as if he hits a cult, we're just down to a 4 vs 3 lynch or lose situation.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are 3 cult as of the beginning of this night phase, as they killed on Night 3, which means they had 4 members then. The 2 cult deaths reduced their number to 2, and so on Night 4, they recruited to have 3 now. Since there are still 8 people alive, the next recruit would achieve parity and a win for them. Therefore, I think SlayerX should shoot, as if he hits a cult, we're just down to a 4 vs 3 lynch or lose situation.

Furthermore, since I can't stop a recruitment from the cult as there is more than one person in the cult, I am not going to get anyone drunk, as that would be a waste of my power and could potentially hurt the town with no upside.

Slayer (fitting name for his power, eh?), I would like to see you shoot either Snike or Ninji tonight. The decision is, of course, ultimately yours. However, those two are the most suspicious in my mind at the moment. Core, I would ask that you investigate Ninji tonight. Obviously, I have no clear myself, but I would at least ask you to note that I did block JB's kill attempt last night, so I haven't been culted as of last night.

And... what did I do?

I would consider the 'not talking and trying to help the town' to be the start.

Also, a change to a Grit sig/avatar in the middle of a game where we need to find/kill Grit to win does strike some suspicion in my eyes.

Let's say I am Grit. Why would I switch to Grit now? Some bizarre WIFOM?

Also, I don't see Snike as that suspicious. Draco coming back is more suspicious to me.

Edited by Ninji

Let's just suffice it to say that I wouldn't put it past you. Or, you're a cultist trying to get shot in order to deflect suspicion from whoever really is Grit. That's another possibility.

Also, I don't see Snike as that suspicious. Draco coming back is more suspicious to me.

Unless Grit has godfather innocent when investigated abilities, Dracohon isn't Grit.

I would consider the 'not talking and trying to help the town' to be the start.

Also, a change to a Grit sig/avatar in the middle of a game where we need to find/kill Grit to win does strike some suspicion in my eyes.

Fayt, I don't like the way you're pushing so hard for this lynch on what is honestly very flimsy evidence. I'm seriously starting to think you were culted last night.

Fayt, I don't like the way you're pushing so hard for this lynch on what is honestly very flimsy evidence. I'm seriously starting to think you were culted last night.

I thought he was culted nights ago...but apparently he was just acting scummy.

I meant kill, not lynch.

Well, there's really no other evidence to go off. In the absence of real evidence, I'm forced to go off suspicions and any other hunch I can get in order to do some scumhunting. But hey, if you'd like to kill me, I can't say I particularly care.

So, using this logic, if I switch my profile to Giovanni while in the middle of a Mafia game, I'm the Godfather?

Well, it certainly would make you suspicious. Why would you switch to Grit right now? In the middle of AW mafia. After it's knows that he's anti-town and that we have to kill him to win? I reject the idea that your choice of avatar/signature has nothing to do with this game.

Anyway... We have to shoot someone.

Ninji is a good target. Even if he's not Grit, he's known to be a strong player. He rarely talks, giving few if any scumtells, making him a good target for recruitment. In addition, Proto is another high-ranking candidate. He was extremely quick to claim townie. That doesn't seem like a strong strategy for someone who's actually townie. Usually they want to soft-claim power roles and throw the mafia off from the real PR's. JB pretty much cleared Ulki as of tonight, and I blocked JB's kill, so while either of us could have been recruited, that's rather unlikely.

In order of suspicions (most to least), I'd say:

Ninji

Proto

Snike

WoMC

Dracohon

Core

SlayerX

Fayt (but obviously, I'd say I'm the least suspicious no matter who I really am, so feel free to take this with a grain of salt.)

JB pretty much cleared Ulki as of tonight, and I blocked JB's kill, so while either of us could have been recruited, that's rather unlikely.

That depends what order the priorities are. If the cult recruitment is near the bottom of the priorities, you could easily have been recruited but still had your action go through.

I've been suspicious of Snike the whole game.

Honestly, I'm kind of suspicious of him too, but mostly just due to inactivity. I'm not willing to risk our entire game on shooting him, because honestly, if he's not Grit, then it's very unlikely that he's cult at all. We're better off going for somebody like Fayt or Ninji right now - people who if they weren't cult in the beginning, they'd have a high chance of being recruited, and have Core investigate Snike tonight.

My order of suspicion would be:

Fayt - He's a good recruitment target, and I don't like the way he's pushing so hard for shooting Ninji.

Ninji - He's a good recruitment target, too.

Snike - I don't know what to make of him, and would much rather have him investigated before we shoot him.

Proto

WoMC

Core

SlayerX

Dracohon

Rachel, Omega Land Commander

I should mention the reason why I claimed cop yesterday, because I know that I'm safe from being culted, my role makes it so that I can't be converted to cult.