Advance Wars Mafia

Tables

I claim townie, but, with a bit of a twist: If I die on a night phase, we skip the next day phase.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

That makes life harder.

Also, look at page 28/29 for Dracohon's townishness, then after that night his posts slowed down, I guess he could've been culted since then.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was... unexpected.

Anyway, back to Draco. Two things I forgot to mention. First of all, Townie is an incredibly safe role to claim. I mean, there's literally nothing to argue with it. On a much less convincing note, I'm arguing that the guy who is protecting me is cult, so I'm pretty sure that he is. Just putting that out there.

That was... unexpected.

Anyway, back to Draco. Two things I forgot to mention. First of all, Townie is an incredibly safe role to claim. I mean, there's literally nothing to argue with it. On a much less convincing note, I'm arguing that the guy who is protecting me is cult, so I'm pretty sure that he is. Just putting that out there.

How is Draco protecting you?

Thing is, Draco is not Grit. Lesser cult members don't really matter.

how did i not think of that

WELL THEN

THAT WAS DUMB OF ME

Proto?

How is Draco protecting you?

Basically calling bullshit on Fayt pushing so hard to get me killed. Not protecting as in the doctor protecting, but yeah.

WELL THEN

THAT WAS DUMB OF ME

Proto?

Basically calling bullshit on Fayt pushing so hard to get me killed. Not protecting as in the doctor protecting, but yeah.

Meh. To me its a tossup between everybody except Fayt and Slayer. I can find reasons to be suspicious of everybody.

Here we go then.

Proto: I think he's town, he made a fairly big enough target of himself to avoid being culted, I think.

Dracohon: Not grit, but could be a newly recruited cult.

Ninji: Not much to say.

WoMC: Seems a bit confident without much reason for it.

Snike: Lurky all game. Never responded to my fake report on him, he completely ignored it.

So if we're gonna trust Snike's claim I think we should kill Ninji.

Ugh, I guess I haven't been too convincing. Might as well just say it.

Snike is Javier. If you've ever played AWDS, you'd know that Javier is Jess' lover. Yes, just like Sami and Eagle over there. I knew this whole affair would be suspicious, so I avoided claiming it, but if you kill either of us, resulting in the other's death, then the town is going to be in big trouble. I know that Snike hasn't been culted yet because of that very reason.

Ugh, I guess I haven't been too convincing. Might as well just say it.

Snike is Javier. If you've ever played AWDS, you'd know that Javier is Jess' lover. Yes, just like Sami and Eagle over there. I knew this whole affair would be suspicious, so I avoided claiming it, but if you kill either of us, resulting in the other's death, then the town is going to be in big trouble. I know that Snike hasn't been culted yet because of that very reason.

Interesting. I'd switch my suspicions over to WoMC in that case.

Wait, so if Snike dies, Ninji dies and also the next day phase is also skipped? The hell?

I just realized that fmpov on Night 4, seeing as Dracohon, Core, Cocytus, Me, and SlayerX were all not cult, that Ninji/Snike/Proto were.

Also, as a precaution, Cocytus should also roleblock our vig target.

Well i quickly read to the thread. I'll read it again tomorrow with more attention. So who's the person you guys are suspicious of and why. (If you would be so kind to explain.)?

Also sorry for not being present for the last 2 days. Went to help my dad with the car in mississauga and we stayed there to help a cousin move the next day. Had no internet acess :/

Well i quickly read to the thread. I'll read it again tomorrow with more attention. So who's the person you guys are suspicious of and why. (If you would be so kind to explain.)?

Also sorry for not being present for the last 2 days. Went to help my dad with the car in mississauga and we stayed there to help a cousin move the next day. Had no internet acess :/

Given the new information, WoMC is my biggest target, because I don't want to take a chance with Ninji/Snike, and Proto doesn't seem like a good person to cult, and Draco can't be Grit.

I claim townie, but, with a bit of a twist: If I die on a night phase, we skip the next day phase.

*epic facepalm*

Beloved Princesses should never, and I mean NEVER, roleclaim.

WELL THEN

THAT WAS DUMB OF ME

Proto?

I'm not Grit, I'm a generic Orange Star Soldier. But if I was Cult, I probably would have claimed that anyway.

The game is now over. Either the cult has achieved parity/majority, or someone has killed the Cult leader. Please wait a while while I write the postgame. :awesome:.

Grit: Mornin' all

Rachel: Grit? You know everyone's trying to kill you... maybe you should surrender.

Grit: Nah, I don' think that's necessary. Blue Moon's takin' over.

Drake: Huh? How's that?

Max: Grit's always been an old pal of mine. I'm siding with him.

Jess: They made me an offer. I accepted. It's as simple as that.

Dracohon: I never was attached to Orange Star much...

Grit: So now y'see. Four of us, four of you. We win.

Koal: Hehehe. That you do, my friend. You can leave now. We'll execute the rest.

Drake: What!?

Grit: Nah, I don't think so. We're all leavin' now. We weren't in this to kill anyone, just t' survive and increase Blue Moon.

Koal: You have a choice. You can leave with your winning team. Or you can all die.

Grit: And who put you in charge, li'l man?

Koal: How dare you! I'm just acting as head for lord Von Bolt.

Grit: Of course. For fishbowl. I think I've seen enough. Super Snipe!

Koal: Wha-

Von Bolt: Uhk!

Kindle: Lord- Lord Von Bolt... you've killed him!

Grit: Ayup. He's caused enough misery. Now if y'll excuse me, we're leaving.

Rachel: We should follow... who knows what'll happen now.

Jake: Yeah... man, this has just been horrible!

-----

Dear Diary:

It has been three months since leaving that horrid base, and one month since Orange Star was taken over by Blue Moon. I have heard that Green Earth too has now fallen, with Commander Jess's knowledge being the key to an easy takeover. Things haven't been that bad - Grit is a kind leader, and the people are not objecting overly to being ruled by Blue Moon. Yellow Comet has not been attacked - while Empress Sonja is in command, I doubt anybody will attack them. The thing that still worries me is Black Hole. If they attack again, we could have a serious problem, with every army weakened by their previous attempts. Still, we survive, and I shall defend Orange Star... or the former Orange Star territory until the end, even if I have to join Blue Moon to do so. Rachel out

Blue Moon, the cult, has won.

Blue Moon:

Pride (Olaf)

Snike (Grit)

Ninji (Night 1)

Raymond (Night 2)

Dracohon (Night 4)

SlayerX (Night 5)

Unrevealed roles:

Dear Core,

You are Rachel, Omega Land Commander

rachel.jpg

You were one of the main heroes of the Omega Land war, being in charge of the army there. You trained up commander Jake, and helped keep the army together despite having COs from four different countries there. You did this by being so hard working, pushing everyone to their maximum, and also by being slightly lucky.

Abilities:

Talking: This is your most important ability. During the day and night, you may talk to other players. Use this amazing ability to ask questions, work things out, discuss who you suspect and who you trust.

Voting: During the day phase, you may place a vote for someone in the form ##vote: [user]. Similarly, you can remove or change your vote in the form ##Unvote: [user]. This format makes it easy for me, yourself and others to find the votes, by searching for the ## string.

Investigate: Knowing all of the commanders so well, you may reply to this PM each night saying 'Night X: Investigating [user]. You will then find out if that user is anti-town or not. Note: Only Mafia, Cult and Serial Killer will appear anti-town. Neutral roles appear to be town.

You are allied with the town.

"I will protect this land to the end!"

Dear Fayt Zelpher,

You are Drake, the former pirate.

drake.jpg

Years ago, you were a pirate in Green Earth waters. You met Eagle one fateful day, and from there gave up your pirate ways and became a commander in Green Earth's army. Your love of the ocean remained, and as such you are the most skilled naval commander known to man. Being a man of the sea, of course, you also like to have a drink every now and again.

Abilities:

Talking: This is your most important ability. During the day and night, you may talk to other players. Use this amazing ability to ask questions, work things out, discuss who you suspect and who you trust.

Voting: You cannot vote. Unfortunately, all votes must be written, and getting as drunk as you do nowadays, you are unable to form a legible vote for someone. You may still attempt to place a vote, but it will not count.

Drinking: Each night, you may reply to this PM saying Night X: Drinking with [user]. You and the user you named will then spend the night drinking away your sorrows, making him unable to perform his night actions. They will not know they were drinking with you.

"The sea is my home."

Dear Ninji (Before Culting),

You are Jess, the tank driver

jess.jpg

You are Green Earth's most prominent land forces commander. While your skill with infantry is mediocre, your ability to command tanks and other vehicles is incredible. You are also always serious, and always give your best for your country, and you and Eagle tend to get at each other's throats fairly often, with Drake being a calming force between you.

Abilities:

Voting: During the day phase, you may place a vote for someone in the form ##vote: [user]. Similarly, you can remove or change your vote in the form ##Unvote: [user]. This format makes it easy for me, yourself and others to find the votes, by searching for the ## string.

Give out votes: Being such a serious CO, you have been trusted with the ballot box and ballot papers. Taking advantage of this, you can give up to two different people each night a ballot paper, allowing them to cast two votes the following day. Each night you may reply to this PM saying 'Night X: Giving [user] and [user] an extra ballot paper. You may choose to only give one or no extra ballot papers, and may not give one to yourself or two to the same user. This user may use the extra vote to vote for someone twice or vote once for two different people.

"Roll out, tanks!"

Dear Ulki (Before culting),

You are Max, Orange Star strongman

max.jpg

You've been with Orange Star for a long time, and have lots of friends there. You like to let your fists and tanks do the talking, and your favourite strategies involve hitting the enemy hard and fast, nothing fancy. Despite seeming so aggressive, you're a very calm and friendly commander, although you can be a bit gung-ho at times. You also help train Jake up in your spare time - he's a fully fledged CO, but a little extra training doesn't hurt.

Abilities:

Attack: Each night, you may reply to this PM saying Night X: Attacking [user]. You will then attack the user you named, killing them. You may do this as often as you want. Obviously, you cannot use this action on yourself.

You are allied with the town

"I'll crush you like a paper cup!"

Dear Raymond (Before culting),

You are Sami, special forces commander

sami.jpg

You are the commander of the Orange Star infantry platoons. Your missions tend to involve commanding large infantry armies in difficult to traverse locations, and you're very successful at it. As you might expect, your command of infantry type units is top-notch, but you command of vehicles suffers as a result. Regardless, you and Eagle had been flirting for a while, before eventually getting married. He insists on protecting you, despite you being a competent commander yourself.

Abilities:

Death: If you are ever killed, the town will gather the next day to mourn your death. As such, the day phase after you are killed will be skipped.

"Move out, grunts."

Dear WoMC,

You are generic Orange Star Officer, townie.

You were born in Orange Star. You joined the millitary, and have worked your way up to being a commanding officer. Nell asked you to come along just in case you were needed, and now you're here.

Abilities:

"..."

Dear Dracohon (before Culting).

You were born in Orange Star. You joined the millitary, and have worked your way up to being a commanding officer. Nell asked you to come along just in case you were needed, and now you're here.

Abilities:

"..."

Dear Proto,

Abilities:

"..."

Dear Snike,

You are Grit, the sharpshooter

grit.jpg

You are an amazing shooter, able to hit targets from further away than any other commander. This is particularly true of your indirect combat units, who have a longer range and higher power than normal. You are a highly dependable commander, despite your laid back style, which often irritates Olaf.

Abilities:

Recruitment: Every night that Blue Moon has 3 or fewer people in it, and if Olaf has been killed, you may reply to this PM saying 'Night X: Recruiting [user]'. This user will then join Blue Moon, dropping their previous role. You may discuss who to recruit with the rest of Blue Moon, and after Olaf, you have the final say.

Kill: Every night, if Blue Moon has 4 members, and if Olaf has been killed, you may reply to this PM saying 'Night X: killing [user]'. This user will then be killed. You may discuss with the rest of Blue Moon who to kill, and after Olaf, you have the final say.

Mass Suicide: If you are killed, and Grit has been killed as well, then the rest of the Blue Moon commanders will commit suicide. This means you will lose the game.

Snipe Attack: At night, and only once during the game, you may make a PM saying 'Night X: using Snipe Attack'. The person that Olaf or you choose to kill will then be guaranteed to be killed, regardless of any protection on that person.

You are allied with the cult.

"I hope it gets easier than this. That was harder that college."

I think that's all of them, but I might have missed one.

My thoughts on the game... a certain player or two really screwed with the town's chances of winning by getting themselves lynched early. That really messed things up for the town. After that, there was a little luck in the town's favour - I initially estimated about two neutral and anti-town players would be killed by night roles, but the town managed to get three. This actually kinda helped the cult anyway - recruiting new players who were town all game is always handy. From there, the cult came dangerously close to losing - if the town had spared JB25, or the cult hadn't recruited SlayerX, the town might have won, since a lot of players were mentioning Snike as a kill target.

I made a terrible, stupid mistake during the game. SlayerX told me to kill Ninji, and due to reading other PMs and stuff in between writing it down, I noted down his kill as Raymond. Both were cult, and I was worried SlayerX would take advantage of that, so I cleverly worded my mistake, asked SlayerX to claim he's put the wrong kill down (which he did, and I am grateful, since confirming players are clear and stuff is generally a bad idea for a moderator, especially after already making one mistake), and gave the cult a free stalk to make up for it. I think this managed to balance things back out as though nothing had happened.

Order of night actions:

1: Sonja guesses

=: Nell starts investigating (investigation topic written in notebook)

2: Drake drinks

3: Snipe attack kills

4: Sturm's invulnerability activates (cannot be drunk)

=: Andy protects

=: Rachel investigates

5: Cult recruits (succeeds if working together, if one person is drunk)

=: Kanbei visits

=: Jess gives votes

=: Sturm kills

6: Cult kills

7: Max Kills

8: Nell finishes investigation (result written in notebook)

There were a few fun roles I wanted to include, but never got the chance. These include:

Protector: Prevents non-kill actions being used on a person

Apprentice Vigilante: Can send a limited type of message to the Vigilante, who can send them back, but they don't know each other's identity. Becomes a vigilante if the vigilante dies.

Actor: A Mafia role, displays a fake PM chosen by the actor when they die.

Politician: Another Mafia role, buys another players vote. That person doesn't know, but their vote counts nothing and the Politicians vote counts twice.

Disabler: This would have been Jugger's role if there was a mafia. After death, all votes are anonymous for one day (via PM).

There are a few others, but those are the notable ones.

Finally, let me just say that I'm happy with the balance of this game. The town played relatively badly compared to the cult (thanks in part to the above unnamed players), and the Serial Killer messed up (this wasn't entirely JB25's fault though - on night 2 he asked me to clarify how the Lights being on worked for him, and gave an example to check what would happen. He didn't get back on until minutes before I started to day - at which point he'd submitted his real orders. From there he had to make a crazier and crazier claim, which I loved), so the Cult winning wasn't that surprising. The Fool - Yossarian - might have been able to get himself lynched, were he not killed at night, and Levity didn't do quite so well - predicting two lynches is pretty tough and she got lynched herself too soon.

I think the only reason the cult won last night was because Ulki supposedly didn't send in night kill orders. My defense for Snike was made up completely on the fly and really, really flimsy, so I doubt that neither of us would have been shot.

I think the only reason the cult won last night was because Ulki supposedly didn't send in night kill orders. My defense for Snike was made up completely on the fly and really, really flimsy, so I doubt that neither of us would have been shot.

It doesn't matter. He would've been recruited and his kill would be nullified.

Also, I gave JB25 an Honorable Mention because, at least until day 4 or so, he did such a damn good job of convincing everyone he was cult people were saying there were 4 possible kills: Ulki, Cult, JB25, and SK. It made me laugh.

^You kidding? You did great IMO, considering you led the town to lynch Furtechen IIRC and didn't even vote.

I was rooting for Bizz and JB25 personally, because they had such hard to play roles that they would deserve it. And I think if Life were to check in now he would realize the game was much more balanced than he thought.

Yes, but you never recruited anyone he killed so it didn't make much of a difference.

Also, there was a slip up the night where Raymond was shot- Slayer changed his orders orders to kill you, Ninji, but it ended up not mattering in the end because you were both cultists.

Yeah, I completely was grasping with that beloved power. That was Sami's, as you see.

In other news, we won. That is fortunate.

Wait, you're saying that if I got drunk, I'd have no invulnerability? And yet I didn't die N4?

Ah well, gg guys. Pulling bullshit from my ass was fun indeed~

No, I meant that it can't be stopped by being drunk. So you could still be killed by Super Snipe kills, but not by being drunk and killed.