Easy Mode Tier List

What resolve and BEXP? Maybe a master crown too. Don't see how many units are using more than 1/3 of the list in EM. Especially by 4-4.

Still, I think that's too much just to make Tormod NOT a liability... At least Muarim can actually do something without need for resources.

Edited by Metal King Slime

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't count on there being a leftover Master Crown.

In Easy Mode? Sure there is.

Personally, I think bringing Jill over to the mercenaries is more of shooting yourself in teh foot...

No. Not in Easy Mode. They can deal without her. If you took both her AND Zihark, you may be struggling a bit but its by no means impossible for the DBs to go on. Jill's support with Haar is awesome. The DB chapters are easier with her on the team but really its not that huge of a loss if she defects.

In Easy Mode? Sure there is.

No. Not in Easy Mode. They can deal without her. If you took both her AND Zihark, you may be struggling a bit but its by no means impossible for the DBs to go on. Jill's support with Haar is awesome. The DB chapters are easier with her on the team but really its not that huge of a loss if she defects.

Ehhh, I just use the crowns on the first people who hit 20, and that's that.

...I never really bothered with Jill outside of 1-6, so meh; I can't continue to argue the point. But I don't really think the Jill-Haar bond will make that big a difference.

Why are we assuming Ike has A Soren, and also, why does he have Ragnell equiped?

Soren is his fastest support (also necessary if he wants to recruit Lehran because Oscar cannot cross the river and cannot be rescued), and Ragnell is unbreakable and his best weapon.

Soren is his fastest support (also necessary if he wants to recruit Lehran because Oscar cannot cross the river and cannot be rescued), and Ragnell is unbreakable and his best weapon.

I guess a better question is why we're shooting ourselves in the foot for 3-13. Soren might be his fastest support, but he's not even close to his best. Lehran is around for one chapter, which will be two turned regardless of whether or not he's there, and if we were smart we'd unequip Ragnell before seizing in 3-11 to make 3-13 easier.

Edit: Actually, how is Soren support outside of PoR even necessary to recruit Lehran?

Edited by Xander

I have done it many times without having soren or any support at all. :mellow:

Personally, I think bringing Jill over to the mercenaries is more of shooting yourself in teh foot...

Jill can fly which makes her invaluable in Part IV, especially in the desert chapter. Also, her best support partners are in the GMercs. She autobonds Haar and Mist. Haar and Jill have the same movement, and Mist will be promoting by the end of Part III and gets the same movement as Jill. She wants to be with the GMercs.

Jill IS invaluable in Part IV; in no way is this associated with her going over to the GMs, since supports are not necessary in Part IV easy mode where all of your units are ORKOing and never dying without supports.

The GMs already have Haar, Tits, the Hawks and Reyson to complete 3-8, and 3-10 and have Leanne instead of Reyson in 3-11. Meanwhile, the DB want Jill for use in their part 3.

I guess a better question is why we're shooting ourselves in the foot for 3-13. Soren might be his fastest support, but he's not even close to his best. Lehran is around for one chapter, which will be two turned regardless of whether or not he's there, and if we were smart we'd unequip Ragnell before seizing in 3-11 to make 3-13 easier.

Edit: Actually, how is Soren support outside of PoR even necessary to recruit Lehran?

Because Ike needs the extra 30 avoid that Soren A gives to survive the BK in III-7.

Because Ike needs the extra 30 avoid that Soren A gives to survive the BK in III-7.

Uh, no? There's magic cards for one, and a 27+ Spd Ike isn't doubled by the BK. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that avoid boost doesn't actually help anything.

Uh, no? There's magic cards for one, and a 27+ Spd Ike isn't doubled by the BK. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that avoid boost doesn't actually help anything.

It actually does, but it's still a vastly inferior option to carding the BK and rescuing Ike out. BK has 180 hit. Assuming that Ike is doubled (otherwise he doesn't need the avo), Ike will have 68 avo, +15 from leadership, and +30 from support. BK has 97 hit without support and 67 hit with support. Since this is EM, you could just battle save abuse until one of the attacks miss.

Definitely not something worth trying in HM, though. I suppose that says something about the nonviability of this suggestion.

Jill going to GMs is utter and complete waste.

Sure she gets Haar support but That give 2 def, 7 hit and 15 avoid all that are not needed at all.

They most likely are in different teams in part 4 anyway (Silver and Hawk)

Because of her Movement+Flight Jill effectively soloes most of 3-12 while having Paragon so her lvs dot really take any form of matterfull hit.

Also By 3-13 you have easily 2-3 3rd tier DB units

Ehhh, I just use the crowns on the first people who hit 20, and that's that.

But often in Easy mode, thats not really necessary. Most of your guys will end up promoting with either BEXP or just on the field.

Its really not necessary for recruiting Lehran. It IS necessary if you want the bonus scenes in the Epilogue though. (Again, something thats not crucial but neat to get once in a great while.)

He doesnt need it but it does help when his biorhythm is at peak and Soren is nearby. That way he has a higher chance of dodging. But like RedFox said, as long as Ike has 27 or above speed, he wont get doubled by the BK.

How would we even get Soren near Ike/BK in the first place?

Either having Celerity on Soren or Haar or one of the birdies rescue drop him.

It actually does, but it's still a vastly inferior option to carding the BK and rescuing Ike out. BK has 180 hit. Assuming that Ike is doubled (otherwise he doesn't need the avo), Ike will have 68 avo, +15 from leadership, and +30 from support. BK has 97 hit without support and 67 hit with support. Since this is EM, you could just battle save abuse until one of the attacks miss.

Definitely not something worth trying in HM, though. I suppose that says something about the nonviability of this suggestion.

Arr. Also i never tried carding the BK. I should try that.

He doesnt need it but it does help when his biorhythm is at peak and Soren is nearby. That way he has a higher chance of dodging. But like RedFox said, as long as Ike has 27 or above speed, he wont get doubled by the BK.

Ike's speed growth is pretty poor and he'll usually hit 26 by Level 20. And the Wings are better used on other units.

Ike's speed growth is pretty poor and he'll usually hit 26 by Level 20. And the Wings are better used on other units.

Use BEXP. If his level 14 stats look something like this:

HP: 46

Str: 26

Mag: 2

Skl: 30

Spd: 24

Lck: 15

Def: 22

Res: 7

6 levels of BEXP will look something like this:

HP, Str, Def

HP, Spd, Def

HP, Spd, Def

HP, Spd, Def

Spd, Lck, Res

Spd, Lck, Res

And that's 29 Spd. Even if he misses Spd on some of the earlier levels for Lck or something, or if his Str is only 25 at level 14, he still has a lot of room there.

He should reach 27 speed by level 20. Helps if he's got a transfer.

But in the OP it says transfers aren't considered. Maybe I'm missing something, but why are we assuming anyone would be off the handle enough to attack BK if Ike has only 26 speed? Why is Lehran so important to recruit that you'd waste time doing all this, and make 3-13 harder by giving Ike A Soren support or whatever?

But often in Easy mode, thats not really necessary. Most of your guys will end up promoting with either BEXP or just on the field.

I only played easy mode once, to be honest. At any rate, I still think plowing a ton of resources into Tormod just to prevent him from being a liability in 4-4 is a waste.

I'll move Muarim down because thats a good reason, I know Sothe gains levels easily in part 1 so it shouldn't be a problem for Tormod to gain any either to help him when he returns to Part 4.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

But in the OP it says transfers aren't considered. Maybe I'm missing something, but why are we assuming anyone would be off the handle enough to attack BK if Ike has only 26 speed? Why is Lehran so important to recruit that you'd waste time doing all this, and make 3-13 harder by giving Ike A Soren support or whatever?

I may have missed that bit to be perfectly honest. WHy would we assume someone wouldnt? Its easy mode after all and one is free to do whatever they want. If they want to recruit Lehran, i suppose one could take that in consideration. By no means does one have to. Ike doesnt have to go anywhere near the BK. Its just hypothetical. (and it IS something i do on easy mode. Simply because i can.)

I only played easy mode once, to be honest. At any rate, I still think plowing a ton of resources into Tormod just to prevent him from being a liability in 4-4 is a waste.

Trust me when i say i see your point. I thought you were speaking in general about crowns in easy mode.

I may have missed that bit to be perfectly honest. WHy would we assume someone wouldnt? Its easy mode after all and one is free to do whatever they want. If they want to recruit Lehran, i suppose one could take that in consideration. By no means does one have to. Ike doesnt have to go anywhere near the BK. Its just hypothetical. (and it IS something i do on easy mode. Simply because i can.)

Trust me when i say i see your point. I thought you were speaking in general about crowns in easy mode.

Why are we assuming we're stupid enough to attack BK if Ike only has 26 speed? Why someone wouldn't do this? I don't know, maybe because it's not a good idea, or am I the only one who thinks that? Are we assuming battle save abuse too, because obviously you'd need it to get away with that.

Edited by Xander

It's called Enemy Phase. Wait on Player Phase and have BK attack then, then rescue Ike and anyone in range. Or just wait until the last turn. Not like you can clear the chapter any earlier anyway.

It's called Enemy Phase. Wait on Player Phase and have BK attack then, then rescue Ike and anyone in range. Or just wait until the last turn. Not like you can clear the chapter any earlier anyway.

...How does that relate to anything I said?