Mafia Headquarters The Third

riariadne

;/

[/b]Psych was estatic.

His plan has worked.

The stupid masses did not lay a hand on him.

He was still smirking as he fled the thrice-damned planet on his flying saucer, grinning all the way and giving the finger to those left behind.

Psych has won!

[/i]

My apologies for the late update. Had a city-wide blackout till around 20 minutes ago.

It is now Day 5. This phase will come to an end at June 14th, 12:00 PM GMT +7

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*wonders why the Laguz Alliance in the Completed Games section is some funny color in RD's updated post*

When were you planning on running Bizzaro Mafia, Rein? I'm gonna be gone for a few days in late October, so I'd like my mafia to start way before then or right after I get back.

Also, I asked a couple people on IRC, but a thought:

I know a lot of people here dislike multifaction, and I'm wondering if there would be more interest if the win conditions weren't "last man standing", but instead to only eliminate certain other factions (so, for example, faction B would have to eliminate faction A and C and doesn't care about factions D or E)?

Also, I asked a couple people on IRC, but a thought:

I know a lot of people here dislike multifaction, and I'm wondering if there would be more interest if the win conditions weren't "last man standing", but instead to only eliminate certain other factions (so, for example, faction B would have to eliminate faction A and C and doesn't care about factions D or E)?

Having comodded a Mafia game like that and watching it turn out really well, I think it works pretty well. Better than the "last man standing" faction games at least, though I still like non-faction games better.

*pokes Paperblade*

*gets no response*

*will respond here instead*

While it sounds interesting (as someone who'd play it), balancing it would be tricky. For example, you don't want it such that the Old Ones, Laguz Alliance, and Kira from Death Note Mafia have a chance to permanently ally in order to win. Hmmm, lemme draw up a diagram. . .

A needs B and C to die

B needs D and E to die

C needs B and D to die

D needs A and E to die

E needs A and C to die

I'm gonna arbitrarily start nuking factions.

B dies (entire team was inactive)

E dies (entire team was godkilled)

At this point, no one can really ally with anyone, so. . .

A dies (because I said so)

C needs D dead to win; D has already won. How is this handled?

I have a question regarding the upcoming games. Do we want 2 games running at the same time like in the past while? If so, would the games that are checked be able to jump the queue, so that SDS's game would basically be next unless the no. 1 game is checked, like, now?

Edited by Chaoskitty

C needs D dead to win; D has already won. How is this handled?

Maybe in order to win, the faction has to have at least one member alive at the end of the game.

Edit: Also, I think my mafia's ready for checking.

Edited by kirsche

I think my full game was bumped up the queue on request to 1, right?

Also I'm thinking I'm going to write a mafia guide for SF, tailored to SF's style of play. Because I don't know if people here have looked elsewhere, but SF mafia is generally a lot more casual, less serious and role-based than most other places, which are often much more serious, scumtell based with few roles, often with their own unique styles (e.g. Smogon IIRC is almost always two mafia games). Thoughts?

Also I'm thinking I'm going to write a mafia guide for SF, tailored to SF's style of play. Because I don't know if people here have looked elsewhere, but SF mafia is generally a lot more casual, less serious and role-based than most other places, which are often much more serious, scumtell based with few roles, often with their own unique styles (e.g. Smogon IIRC is almost always two mafia games). Thoughts?

I'd read.

What do you mean by "role-based?"

Maybe in order to win, the faction has to have at least one member alive at the end of the game.

I thought this went without saying >_>

@eclipse: The way I would likely do it is as soon as one faction achieves victory, the game ends. Note that this doesn't make it impossible to joint win. Well, it does in your example, but there are ways to set up the win conditions so it is possible. For example:

A needs B and E to die

B needs A and C to die

C needs B and D to die

D needs C and E to die

E needs D and A to die

This means each faction could team up with either of the 2 factions they don't need dead--however, this alliance is not "stable," so to speak, in that both factions in the alliance could secretly work with a faction that needs the other dead, and unless factions are individually overpowered a 2 faction alliance shouldn't be able to overpower the 3 factions working against them.

also, how joint wins would work, with an example

D and E are eliminated. No factions win from this. However, C and A both need B dead, so when B is eliminated, BOTH C and A would win.

Edited by Paperkitty

What do you mean by "role-based?"

SF games tend to have almost everyone having a special role - generic townies are rare, and usually in small quantities. On top of that a lot of the deductions tend to happen because of role abilities - while there is certainly some reading into posts and deducing scumtells, and often some games have a number of mafia found like that, in general it ends up being how the roles are used and how each faction uses their abilities that determines the game.

So, wait, I do have to get my game checked? Levity didn't put it on the list of games that needed verification, so I assumed that I didn't need a checker. Paper's looked over it, and I would think that both of us together would know enough, but if that won't do, I guess I'll need a checker.

EDIT: Please don't tell me I lost my place in the queue also. If I've been writing role PMs during my vacation for nothing, I'm going to hurt someone.

Edited by Pariah

There's a lot of things Bizz didn't do. She just up and abandoned the list. I would also like to think the two of you together would know enough, though.

Right now, as far as I know, Tables' game and Ivalice Mafia will be running, and the next game will run after one of them finish. As for what that next game is, I'm not entirely sure. I'd have to double check in the other thread.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

The numbers are for where they were in the queue before, for reference until we get it all back on track.

Kay, I'd say Paper and you are enough. So, effectively, you've moved from fourth to fourth. :mellow:

Edited by Luka Mefeline

So I'm aware that I made the Pending games category... but what does it mean again? Are they the only ones who can open signups or are they the ones who can start whenever? Or both? I guess what I'm asking is when can the Resistance open up for signups?

Yup. I disregard trivial rules like the queue but check for proper topic opening times. It's only polite after all.

Edit: That being said, I won't make the topic until tomorrow or perhaps Saturday. When I can write up the rules more or less in full.

Edited by Tableskitty