Christening + New Game Info

Jyosua

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And prior to E32011 was too soon to get worked up for the 3 Wii games and FE12...

I think it's a bit too soon to be getting worked up about things. We've only had one game that hasn't gotten translated since they made FE international. I'm still hopeful we'll see this get a full release. Besides, may be that FE isn't being released for a while, even after Mario Tennis, or any number of options, really, rather than it just not getting translated.

^ Thanks for the reassurances...

Scare posts like those shown on this page by some members sure made me feel a little confused and in need of reassurances like that...

Time to wait a little more for the answers to the future of fire emblem in the non-Japan world, and see if the founders of the scare posts are proven correct...

edit: Thank you, Shadow Stalker X and HP+1 for confusing and scaring me this early... Don't mean to accuse, in case my perceptions are illogical, but I thought that you made those statements without recognition that the question may already be answered in the FAQs and stickies, which made me feel like asking the members a little bit regarding whether or not the given answer that, at this point in time, it is illogical to get worried early about fe13 and other games in localization uncertainty, whether the games in question were recently localized outside America, confined to Japan, or even just announced, is still relevant at this time...

Oh, and by the way, about the "bias": That statement was based on frustration regarding my interpretation of some posts at the start of this page, so maybe I stretched my logic too much in that frustration. I was unsure whether what they said was logical at the time the statements were made. But now, I wonder that's enough. Did I make a major boo-boo? Maybe I should edit the "bias" out...

^ deuxhero, thank you for the prompt...

Edited by shadowjam

Well, the trailers are up on the NA eShop (except Kid Icarus, for some reason), and after looking at the videos, I see no reason they couldn't give us the Fire Emblem trailer if they weren't gonna release it. Especially since some of those videos show Japanese text and also have no specific release dates, either here or in Japan.

God damn it, that character art is very generic. Also noticed how they didn't have a generic soldier face portrait, although that's just a beta thing.

I still want this to come out in the US. NoA, please release this game (...not actually addressing this to NoA, more of a figure of speech)!

The character portraits in this game reminds me of the ones in Berwick Saga.

Eh, looks a lot more generic than the more classy Berwick Saga portraits.

Amen to that, getting sick of the jeigen/oifaye archtype in general.

Maybe make him pull an Orson? Considering I've just recently learned about how Marcus is the greatest thing since sliced bread (well, I guess I always used Sigurd, but that's a different story), I'm not sick of the Jeigan, but I can see how others might be.

I personally like the style. Some of it sorta reminds me of Valkkyria Chronicles. Anyways, this looks awesome. If NoA doesn't localize this...

It does look like Valkyria Chronicles The Animation. Not quite as good as in game Valkyria Chronicles though.

On a side note is it just me or are people already really critical and skeptical of this game?

I mean I know people are fans and they want everything the very best but... can't we all just be excited we finally get a new Fire Emblem game before the world ends? at least for the first day? XD

*runs for the hills*

It's hard to be critical about the gameplay, but...I mean, you can see the art right in front of you. That's how it's going to look in the final game. And it is generic (not bad, just pretty generic, doesn't really have that je ne sais quoi I've come to associate with FE).

For some reason the dual attacks remind me of the love-crits in FE4, maybe that's a new support bonus, its almost as plausible as David Icke's theories.

Maybe the dual attacks will riff off of what Yggdra Union did.

I'm saying she's the second lord, though I can't say for certain if she's going to be magical. I'd like another magic lord after we had Micaiah, since the variety was pretty good. :/

I want the main character to be a female Valkyrie esque Lord/Jeigan hybrid (so...Sigurd with magic, basically), but that's not going to happen in a 1000 years.

Just give me Lyndis back, and I'll be happy. That said though, more female lords would be good. I also think more female myrmidons would be good. Actually, let's make the entire cast female.

Man, females are ALWAYS myrmidons. Need more female axe users.

I'd say The Triangle Attack and FE4's Lovers and Sibling critical attacks count as 3v1 or 2v1 from the earlier Fire Emblem games than this one.

The triangle attack was so impractical that noone used it.

Hmmm...that makes me think of something completely unrelated though. How will supports work in this game? It better be better than the last 3 games and more like FE9. Or original. That works too.

OK, I know I seemed down on this game from my post, but I'm REALLY looking forwards to this just as much as the rest of you and I really want NoA to release this game. I don't have a 3DS now, but I'd buy one for FE13.

It's hard to be critical about the gameplay, but...I mean, you can see the art right in front of you. That's how it's going to look in the final game. And it is generic (not bad, just pretty generic, doesn't really have that je ne sais quoi I've come to associate with FE).

This game is nowhere near complete. While the current art might say something about the style being used, it's almost certainly not how it's going to look in the final game.

Have they ever showed off footage of trailers for games with Japanese text? If not, that could be the reason why it's not there. I never bother with the Nintendo Channel since all the stuff I can already find online.

I don't know about for the 3DS specifically, but there's numerous NoA/NoE trailers which predominately featured Japanese text. They're most prevalent with titles that are planned to be localized as soon as possible--naturally, if there are no such plans, they wait to show until there is, which, by that time, there's already been work done towards the translation.

This game is nowhere near complete. While the current art might say something about the style being used, it's almost certainly not how it's going to look in the final game.

Well, that's kind of what I'm upset about that. The character portraits. Everything else is perfectly fine (to me). The 3D graphics in particular are rather fantastic IMO. I'm just...not too keen on whoever is designing the characters.

Actually, with the game shooting for a Spring 2012 release, it's pretty far along. It's only getting a redesign if the game's pushed back. This game needs to be done roughly in the next two, three months, to have enough time for factories to produce and ship the units.

It's pretty close to release. The game's in its final frame--it's just a few things inside that'll be shifted around.

• 4 weeks later...

More bad news, in Nintendo's latest 3DS release schedule Fire Emblem is listed on the Japan list however it's not listed on the US or Europe list. A worrying sign, although one consolation is that Mario Tennis isn't on either Western list either.

3ds.png

Edited by HP+1

This list tends to not really showing everything they are going to release (or vice versa, a game showing up here doesn't mean it's coming out). That said, I'm pretty much believing the game is Japan-only now. I'm thinking about writing to NOA some time from now... maybe just within thie weekend.

One thing that stands out is that of all the games not listed in the United States release is that Fire Emblem is the one that notably has a large translation scaling, not to mention it basically was just announced like a few weeks ago. Chances are they don't have a good idea when it would get finished localized anyways, so they've yet to have a solid idea for a deadline. It doesn't even have a solid Japan release date, other than the vague statement of "maybe spring".

I'll sit and wait on it a bit longer. But hey, seeing as that the 3DS is region locked for some reason, it's like the really really really don't want me to import this game either. Might be the first game in the series I simply will have to reserve myself on and just read about it. That is, if it doesn't get released outside of Japan..

Despite the fact that is always the chance that the game will come out eventually, I think it's probably better that we start clamoring to NoA and NoE about localizing the games. We were sure before with New Mystery that the game was coming out, and it was only a year after the game came out in Japan that we tried to work on getting it localized. There's a chance we'll have better success if we start on our efforts now, so they know we want the game.

Okay, I thought there was a loud stupidity before, but now there's worries about localization before the game's even out to be translated??

Those fears are only valid with games you know are meant to be released unilaterally, like Zelda and shit.

FE games are kind of scarce, and not releasing FE12 means they skipped one sixth of the series since its introduction to the west. I don't know about the others, but one unreleased game in enough to get me worried about the future of the series when the series comprises of so few games.

You're right in that it's too early to speculate and worry though; previous FE games get released in the west after a half-year from the JP version is out. Still, the earlier NOA (or NOE) learns of the demand, the better.

Edited by nocturnal YL

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think there's any info yet on when (or if) FE13 will be released in the states.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

No, you'll probably find out months after the Japanese release passes. Fire Emblem isn't a project that's immediately shipped to the forefront of international sales, like Zelda or Mario, which usually enjoy simultaneous releases across the world. It's translation will come after the Japanese release, and after NoA/NoE can decide when it'd be profitable to invest in the title.

Approximately when will this game be released in the U.S?

Approximately the same time as the FE12 US release, of course.