Christening + New Game Info

Jyosua

I'm going to have to agree with being worried about US Localization. While I'm not completely cynical about it since 3DS is a new handheld and FE13 can easily boost sales, with the disappointment of FE12 not being localized there's always that chance.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doomed Nintendo is best Nintendo. Xenoblade was announced for American markets, albeit Gamestop and Nintendo Store exclusive. Gamestop probably thought it would be profitable to foot part of the bill in exchange for exclusivity. Maybe something like that could happen for Fire Emblem? Though Xenoblade was already in English, but still. It's not a new IP.

• 2 weeks later...

More bad news, in Nintendo's latest 3DS release schedule Fire Emblem is listed on the Japan list however it's not listed on the US or Europe list. A worrying sign, although one consolation is that Mario Tennis isn't on either Western list either.

3ds.png

Mario and Sonic at the London Olympic Games isn't on the western lists either, but I can confirm that it will at least be released in the US because I saw the preview for it at Target last weekend. I'm not joking.

So don't worry guys, this doesn't mean anything. Don't lose hope!

It makes no sense to worry about whether or not that game gets released in the US/Europe just cause it isn't listed there when it hasn't even been released in Japan. Seems pointless to jump the gun and say "bad new guys, the game isn't coming to the US because this release list doesn't say it is".

Edited by Sirius

However, FE8 being on the 3DS makes me think this will be translated. I would be surprised to see NoA put a game on there that cannot lead to profits for them.

We'll see.

Choosing FE8 might have some importance... or it might not. We just don't know.

People have said "This isn't Bandai Namco. Intelligent Systems has been localizing Fire Emblem games from FE7 on up. We'll eventually get localizations."

And then there was FE12. trollface.png

Choosing FE8 might have some importance... or it might not. We just don't know.

FE13 does seem to have undead and a map system similar to FE8. I'd say that's a positive, something to prepare 3DS owners to what FE13 is going to be.

Edited by Dio

FE13 does seem to be going down the FE2/FE8/TRS system with monsters and a world map, which seems particularly interesting in what changes it might have. But now that I think about it, those similarities also included multiple Lords with split routes in all three of the other games with the system. Perhaps we'll see the same thing in FE13.

I hope not, I don't know her character but I don't like her for some reason ._.

I hope we get to play as two lords on the map at once like Gaiden, instead of like in Sacred stones where you play as one, If we get two lords at all, that is.

I'm gonna agree here though. The two games have similar features, so I agree that it might be to prep people for FE13.

Edited by L95

Maybe Emelina is the 2nd lord? Liz doesn't look too lordly, actually she does kind of look similar to Miccy.

She DOES give out the "I"m the lord's sister." Feel like Mist.

> Chrome/Krom has blue hair

> Ike has blue hair

> Both have little sisters

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

She DOES give out the "I"m the lord's sister." Feel like Mist.

> Chrome/Krom has blue hair

> Ike has blue hair

> Both have little sisters

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

030 thats a good suggestion but they should make her a lord ;w; I love magic based lords. Agreed she does look Mist-like

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

That doesn't say the game comes out in March 2012, but that it will use a service whose functionality should be working by that time :/ It also doesn't really say anything about DLC--only that it will make use of the service. FE12, for example, made use of the DSi's special features. You know what for? Not its camera, or its SD card or channel swapping. No, it used it to lock the game to region protection.

Maybe it's not DLC. Maybe it's making use of the service itself. Maybe, you'll be able to buy a download of the game, no cart necessary. The article is too ambiguous--and too interested in the service more than the game--to make any calls about FE13. I look forward to more info though.

Er, why was this locked 0_o? It seems to me like locking the new game info thread when new game info comes out is most inopportune...

I see, Vincent locked it. Should've made a post slavebutler >:O!

You confused the poor fruit :(.

Edited by Tangerine

Sowwie, I was half asleep when I moved the posts and forgot to leave one of my posts in here.

I figured this thread was created for the very first batch of info and I didn't want people to easily miss new info.