Christening + New Game Info

Jyosua

I don't see how this is a problem. Original ideas are hard to come up with these days, and people can come up with the same thing without ever looking at each other's work.

hmm, true, and it's not like my idea is a 100% the same.

It's not a unique idea that's newly created by this new FE, to be honest.

really? I've never seen it before in this kind of games...

please do tell, what other games would have this?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank the Lord.

On another note, the music is quite pleasant, from what I could tell. I hope that it will be completely orchestrated.

It's as 'orchestrated' as FE10's soundtrack was; that is to say, not orchestrated, but using instrument samples. That being said, the samples are very nice.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that there doesn't seem to be a specific battle theme?

Guess that depends on how much one enjoyed that feature in Sacred Stones?

Or Gaiden

But the world map is just a world map, it isn't necessarily bad.. Though it could very well point towards grind-able areas.

Or Gaiden

But the world map is just a world map, it isn't necessarily bad.. Though it could very well point towards grind-able areas.

Grindable areas makes the game a joke... At least with arena abusing, there's a chance you could fuck up and have to restart the level. One of the reasons I hated FE8 was because of the Battle Tower.

I think it was ok if they made map encounters only good for underlevelled characters. Like for encounter maps(not story battles) giving sharper EXP pelanties for fighting and defeating enemies that your character is a higher level than, in that EXP gain can end up as 0 once a character is a few levels higher than the enemy.

This game looks beautiful... I'm quite excited!! I just hope I get my shounen-ai material... AHAHAHAHAAHAHA

I-I mean Krom looks so cool. Kuromu... maybe I'll call him Coulomb.

Edited by BowKnightGirl

hmm, true, and it's not like my idea is a 100% the same.

really? I've never seen it before in this kind of games...

please do tell, what other games would have this?

I'd say The Triangle Attack and FE4's Lovers and Sibling critical attacks count as 3v1 or 2v1 from the earlier Fire Emblem games than this one.

Grindable areas makes the game a joke... At least with arena abusing, there's a chance you could fuck up and have to restart the level. One of the reasons I hated FE8 was because of the Battle Tower.

they could just easily make skirmishes be from around the level of the original chapter, making it harder for high level allies to level up any further on a certain moment (still depleting a lot of weapons, losing a lot of money).

they could just easily make skirmishes be from around the level of the original chapter, making it harder for high level allies to level up any further on a certain moment (still depleting a lot of weapons, losing a lot of money).

That would require them to use different Experience formulas, and they generally stick to approximately the same type of formulas.

I know--it sucks all those features are forced and can't be avoided.

I know--it sucks all those features are forced and can't be avoided.

lol

Grinding areas are a natural part of many RPG's. I think they're fitting. But, they make the game boring after the first run-through (if you grind with every playthrough). I grind rarely, though I used to do it all the time when I was younger.

In particular to FE8, sorry for digressing here, I hate skirmishes, the Battle Tower, and the Ruins. My reasoning is incredibly hard to explain. The gameplay was still amazing and fun; however, something about the combination of having no plot and not fighting any human armies made me feel empty while playing (over and over again. This was not a feeling I got the first time through it). It's odd...

The plot, boring or not, is fairly important to me in these games haha. I have refused to play FE3 DS for this reason (never mind there's a script and a translated version of FE3 :P).

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Who knows. Maybe they'll even make the game hard enough where grinding is almost required.

If this happens I will vote FE13 for worst FE game ever and possibly cry. I hate mandatory grinding. If there's one thing that can ruin a game, it's that.

Edit: Oh, hey, you said "almost" required. Does that mean we'd just have to be incredibly lucky if we didn't want to grind?

Edited by Rewjeo

I certainly hope we don't have mandatory grinding. Having it as an option is fine, since it means I can get characters I like to a level where they are useful. I just hope they include third tiers, Dark/Light Magic, and other things I've come to really like about the series.

A short gameplay video. I don't think I've seen this clip in this topic yet. NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Unless that guy had 72 HP, it looks like the displayed damage isn't capped at the target's current health. I can't wait to see how high you can get it.

Because of the type of game it is, and the challenges people have completed, I think "mandatory" grinding is impossible to have the players do.

Agreed. I'm sure dondon will be able to complete it with 0% growths if he wants, to give an example.