Christening + New Game Info

Jyosua

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless that guy had 72 HP, it looks like the displayed damage isn't capped at the target's current health. I can't wait to see how high you can get it.

Pretty sure highest damage belongs to FE10 Black Knight, especially since he could do it to anyone without Nihil.

On topic: I'm really looking forward to this. Not having the last game translated yet has left a Fire Emblem shaped hole in my life. :/

sauce

Otherwise this game's taking place on Magvel.

I have none. That's why I said 'Apparently' :)

Is the word "iris" really pronounced the way it is spelt in kana?

I don't know mate. Sorry :(

Edited by Wolfie

sauce

Otherwise this game's taking place on Magvel.

We know that the hero is the prince of Iris. Since the closest thing to a male main character that we've seen is Krom, it would make sense that he's the prince. Of course, this could be a Sothe and Micaiah situation all over again, where people thought Sothe was the main character from the early footage.

As for Liz being Krom's sister, she seems to refer to this guy who looks like Krom as her brother here ("Ahhh!? B-brotheeeeeeeeeer!!").

Is the word "iris" really pronounced the way it is spelt in kana?

The flower "Iris" maybe not, but I don't know about the goddess "Iris". Japan thinks it's Iris though.

Edited by VincentASM

Incorrect, otherwise "Ike" would not be pronounced anything like Ike.

There are some things that are just a little weird when written in katakana. The katakana for "white" is an example: it's pronounced "howaito," which is not what you'd expect.

Edited by dondon151

Yeah, IS tends to lean closer to pronounciation than spelling, but there are a few occasions that make you go "huh?".

Otherwise, as dondon kind of mentioned, we wouldn't have had people calling Ike "Aiku" right when FE9 was first announced. I think I was one of the first people on FESS to suggest calling him "Ike", but that's just my random ramblings from yesteryear.

guys take a good look at 0.50 and so on...that char. looks like marth a lot "im not say it's marth"

or is it just me?

You could say a lot of blue haired swordsmen wearing a cape could look like Marth.

But really, it's not Marth.

guys take a good look at 0.50 and so on...that char. looks like marth a lot "im not say it's marth"

or is it just me?

Take a look at around 0:23. Krom's stance and the way he pulls his sword out of the ground with the same flourish (for lack of a better word) as Ike. Despite the fact that someone established he's using Falchion, I think it's safe to say Krom won't be too similar too Marth.

Hey, so, did we determine if those big fuzzy axe user enemies are monsters or just normal barbarians or fighters or whatever? 'Cause you seem to get one in your party...

EDIT actually nevermind on a second look it's just that blond guy that wears those broken shackles. NEEEEVERMIND

Although if he wears broken shackles then he must have been imprisoned at some point so maybe he is the first playable bandit since Gonzales? Who knows. Seems like he'll be an interesting character either way.

Oh also just because Chrome is using a sword called Falchion, it doesn't mean it's the Falchion that Marth used. Falchion is a kind of sword isn't it? It could be his own falchion. A completely different Falchion. Given that this is supposed to be a new story on a new continent, I'd think that's likely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falchion

Edited by The Awesomest

Hey, so, did we determine if those big fuzzy axe user enemies are monsters or just normal barbarians or fighters or whatever? 'Cause you seem to get one in your party...

Oh also just because Chrome is using a sword called Falchion, it doesn't mean it's the Falchion that Marth used. Falchion is a kind of sword isn't it? It could be his own falchion. A completely different Falchion. Given that this is supposed to be a new story on a new continent, I'd think that's likely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falchion

It'll probably be changed for the US and Europe anyways.

I kinda hope, if it is changed, it's like Ettard and Alondite switching places--just a strange quirk of a change.

And, as I've mentioned yonders ago, it is acceptable that it may be the personal weapon of Krom, much like the Varg Katti, Rapier, and whatever Ephraim's spear was called. And the Wolf Beil.

Edited by Celice

We've seen the Rapiers across galaxies, and they haven't always been the same! If Krom's weapon really is Falchion, I'm not expecting it to be the dragon-slaying sword from Archanea.

I kinda hope, if it is changed, it's like Ettard and Alondite switching places--just a strange quirk of a change.

And, as I've mentioned yonders ago, it is acceptable that it may be the personal weapon of Krom, much like the Varg Katti, Rapier, and whatever Ephraim's spear was called. And the Wolf Beil.

Reginleif. :D

It probably is.

We know that the hero is the prince of Iris. Since the closest thing to a male main character that we've seen is Krom, it would make sense that he's the prince. Of course, this could be a Sothe and Micaiah situation all over again, where people thought Sothe was the main character from the early footage.

As for Liz being Krom's sister, she seems to refer to this guy who looks like Krom as her brother here ("Ahhh!? B-brotheeeeeeeeeer!!").

The flower "Iris" maybe not, but I don't know about the goddess "Iris". Japan thinks it's Iris though.

Interesting about the Goddess. I've always thought they were pronounced the same.

(One of the things why kana is so good, since it is immediately obvious how to pronounce the words from the get-go. Unlike romanised spellings or English... shudder.png)

His name was also Paris.

The footage was incredibly early in comparison to this game--there is less than a year of development left, in contrast with FE9, which actually had another Fire Emblem announced and released before it was finished.

I don't think they'll kill FE off. FE is a hugely successful game series, all in all. It may not do as well lately, but I think they'll give it one last shot, at least, that isn't a remake. I'm sad that they didn't make another console one, since I really liked the console ones, but guess we'll get one sometime.