Christening + New Game Info

Jyosua

Shame, that sounded fun. Oh well.

What is Spring 2012 considered? Actual spring months? If so, that's quite interesting. That's six+ months away while FE12 was announced like five weeks before its release.

Six+ months away makes sense, though, since the purpose of the whole event was to rally support for the 3DS by showing off a slew of games. I'm sure they're revealing many games before they wanted to.

Hopefully, that's a March or April Japan release with the U.S. version to hit around E3. And I'm convinced there'll be a U.S. release this time. The 3DS needs games. NoA will be localizing nearly everything for a while.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really excited for this. I like the more anime-ish looking characters with seemingly more outlandish outfits and the way the battle sprites look lol. I just want a good shaman type character and an interesting armor. Can't wait. Thankfully spring is not too far away.

On a side note is it just me or are people already really critical and skeptical of this game?

I mean I know people are fans and they want everything the very best but... can't we all just be excited we finally get a new Fire Emblem game before the world ends? at least for the first day? XD

*runs for the hills*

NO! The art style has to be a specific way, the weapons have to have THESE properties, Armor Knights must have heads, and the blue-haired lord can't suck, or we will raeg!

Other than those numbers on Emelina's robe, I like it. The battle mechanic I see in those videos intrigues me, though I'd hate to be on the receiving end of it.

EDIT: Wow, stuffed her name badly!

Edited by Clipseykitty

So I've heard some rumours of leaked info:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-working-title/60314449

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-working-title/60314749

I figured that these are fake though, considering the famitsu link in the first thread didn't work, but just warning everyone in advance. ' .'

For some reason the dual attacks remind me of the love-crits in FE4, maybe that's a new support bonus, its almost as plausible as David Icke's theories.

What I want to know is if enemies can dual attack your guys too. If so, this game is going to be hella tough (at least on harder modes and I'm expecting a Lunatic and maybe even reverse Lunatic...).

I'm reminded of Valkyrie Profile's system where multiple of your guys can team up to attack enemies but it only uses the turn of one unit. Essentially every ally within the range of the enemy being attacked can also attack. In this case though only 2 people can attack. On the same note, an enemy can attack one unit but all other enemies within range of attacking your unit can also help attack your unit. Which can quickly be lethal if there are 4 archers all within range of your guy and they attack 4 times = 16 attacks, essentially (4 people attacking every battle, and 4 battles cuz of 4 units... = 16).

Again it'd be limited to only 2 units but I still wonder if in a dual battle both units use up their turn or if only the initiating unit loses their turn. Maybe this has already been revealed and I haven't even realized it... *shrug*

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Let's go with archetypes we know.

That female is going to be A: Plot relevent, B: A love interest, C: A lord, D: Vessel for a goddess, E: A dancer: or F: All of the above.

I'm saying she's the second lord, though I can't say for certain if she's going to be magical. I'd like another magic lord after we had Micaiah, since the variety was pretty good. :/

Just give me Lyndis back, and I'll be happy. That said though, more female lords would be good. I also think more female myrmidons would be good. Actually, let's make the entire cast female.

While this looks cool and all I admit the art isn't impressing me too much. I'm sure I'll get use to it but right now it just looks weird. The team fighting thing looks cool though. Moreover, what about the last FE game? I wanna play that one too.

Edited by Guy Starwind

While this looks cool and all I admit the art isn't impressing me too much. I'm sure I'll get use to it but right now it just looks weird. The team fighting thing looks cool though. Moreover, what about the last FE game? I wanna play that one too.

It's not coming out for 6-9 months, and this is a pretty much new version. There's plenty of time for things to change.

If you're referring to FE12 by the last FE game, you can play it anytime you want, or after a short time and money expenditure if you really want it.

That's true. My opinions may change in time.

When it comes to FE12 I'd rather not play it on a rom or what not. However, I might have to. :(

I don't mean your opinion; I mean I don't think these are the final graphics in the first place. The final version will probably look at least a bit better even if no opinions change.

As I said, short time and money expenditure - in this case, about the same as what you'd pay otherwise. I personally own five Japan-only FE games, although FE12 isn't among them. The language barrier was only an issue for Berwick Saga, and even then only because of the lack of English gameplay information; soon, when I finish my database, that will forever disappear as an obstacle to playing it.

Edited by Othin

I just hope that the new mechanic is:

1. Useful. In the gameplay video, the player could have just attacked from range first with the mage and then attacked with the lord for the KO.

2. Not overpowered. It seems currently to be one of those things that's restricted only to player units and can't be utilized by enemy units at all. I assume that careful manipulation of this mechanic can result in easy uncounterable player phase kills.

3. Not significantly reliant on luck. Getting Adept and Tear procs and such in FE10 was already a pain in the ass; I don't want to have to rely on % activation for a mechanic that is potentially a big deal. In the gameplay video, it seems that the lord and the mage only had a 37% chance of activating their combination attack; hopefully there will be a way of significantly raising that percentage.

Edited by dondon151

You're sure that was what that chance was? And furthermore, if it's based on a modifiable chance, I'm not sure if there's anything right now that could be taken as evidence that enemies aren't at least potentially capable of it. And if you don't like forcing random chances, there's a simple solution to that...

I don't have the highest hopes for this mechanic personally either; just advocating against jumping to conclusions unless you've noticed something concrete, while being well aware of the possibility that you've done so.

Edited by Othin