Christening + New Game Info

Jyosua

There's one about to begin here.

Cut in of Krom before he activates the Astra skill, a main character with Astra!?

it's not the mc that has Astra but rather another pc with "similar" hairstyle \ haircolor (Ronku or something along these lines?)

for comparison (edit: got to reupload the damn thing)

Daenl.jpg

img009.png

Edited by La Yodha Stasella

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long has it been since a Jeigan last sucked?

FE11.

FE12 kinda. Arrans bases were godly though.

On topic:

OMFG A NEW FE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!(1)

I'm really excited for this. It better be localized unlike FE12..

There's a goof on the media section.

"Cut in of Krom before he activates the Astra skill, a main character with Astra!?"

This guy is not this guy. Collar and hair style have obvious differences, so I seriously doubt that's Google Krom using Astra.

Edit: MAN I'm going at the speed of molasses today.

Edited by The Blind Archer

I just hope that the new mechanic is:

1. Useful. In the gameplay video, the player could have just attacked from range first with the mage and then attacked with the lord for the KO.

Well, if by the time this s finalized, I think (and would think kinda cool) that it could work like this.

1. Chip with mage.

2. Unit goes in to attack, potentially getting some help from his mage buddy (in case he misses too, this might not be connected with the attacking character actually hitting).

3. With the mage's positioning, he can help others do damage when others initiate attacks thanks to their range.

Could help mages and ranged units in general have a stronger presence in a fight rather than..Well, the none at all we've grown used to. I mean...Remember the days when mages could be useful outside of staffs? Besides, this mechanic could actually give IS a reason to make enemies have actual durability.

Only 1 problem I could forsee in this...

2. Not overpowered. It seems currently to be one of those things that's restricted only to player units and can't be utilized by enemy units at all. I assume that careful manipulation of this mechanic can result in easy uncounterable player phase kills.

One piece of footage showed that an archer could attack, and a team up could be initiated that way (and if that unit going in at melee no less, makes me wonder if that could actually help melee units move up ahead too). So we know ranged attacks can do this sort of thing. We know javelins and hand axes exist. 1-2 ranged weapons as we know are already kinda silly as it is, though FE12 took a good step forward with them in at least reducing their damage.

3. Not significantly reliant on luck. Getting Adept and Tear procs and such in FE10 was already a pain in the ass; I don't want to have to rely on % activation for a mechanic that is potentially a big deal. In the gameplay video, it seems that the lord and the mage only had a 37% chance of activating their combination attack; hopefully there will be a way of significantly raising that percentage.

Well, I imagine there would be. This footage is of low level guys, and from what I can gather off Frederick, he's not looking to be your typical earlygame statgod (bit more Str than Marcus from what I can estimate unless they messed with weapon damage, 6-8 Skl, 28 base HP isn't that hot). Chances might be low because stats are low.

Would be weird that the enemy can't do this, seems a bit too one sided.

Edited by Grandkitty

I just hope that the new mechanic is:

1. Useful. In the gameplay video, the player could have just attacked from range first with the mage and then attacked with the lord for the KO.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The video ends right after that attack, I think they just wanted to demonstrate the dual attack, and that's why the mage just waited. Of course, that's just what I assumed, so.

2. Not overpowered. It seems currently to be one of those things that's restricted only to player units and can't be utilized by enemy units at all. I assume that careful manipulation of this mechanic can result in easy uncounterable player phase kills.

This is what I'm worried about. And, even if it can be utilized by enemies, that seems like it could be overpowered as well. Units in a choke point could get attacked 4 times instead of two if both a ranged attacker and a melee attacker could dual strike, and every ranged unit afterwards would be 2 more attacks. Constantly baiting enemy units each map to keep from getting ganged up on doesn't sound fun.

I'm still really excited, but the dual battle system could be shitty if done wrong. Either way, a new fire emblem has got me excited and happy, so whatever.

I feel like the new mechanic is something that can only happen if the character in question hasn't participated in an attack or dual-attack yet- I'm not sure how this will affect balance, but that's the only thing that makes sense to me without making this feature completely broken.

What gave me the idea is why the mage didn't attack the dude before Krom did, but then again that could just be an exhibition simply because together they both killed the dude. I can see this as a good way to add some sort of balance to ranged units/archers, though, either giving them a better way to chip or a better way to get kills (ie, they could have an enemy phase if your units could do a dual-attack on enemy phase).

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Has anyone mentioned experience?

Do units get the same experience for the kill or is it divided?

e.g.

Unit 1 attacks, gains 10 exp

Unit 2 kills, gains 30 exp

vs.

Unit 1 and 2 dual attack, both gain 30 exp

if it's the latter, I can totally see this having an advantage in leveling up, though it's just one possible advantage. Other advantages might be the order of attacks or what I said before, only 1 unit's turn being used instead of both unit's turn being used.

Has anyone mentioned experience?

Do units get the same experience for the kill or is it divided?

e.g.

Unit 1 attacks, gains 10 exp

Unit 2 kills, gains 30 exp

vs.

Unit 1 and 2 dual attack, both gain 30 exp

if it's the latter, I can totally see this having an advantage in leveling up, though it's just one possible advantage. Other advantages might be the order of attacks or what I said before, only 1 unit's turn being used instead of both unit's turn being used.

It's hard to say at this point. The one time when they show experience from a co-op attack, the video cuts off right after Krom gets a level, and don't show off the other person.

Is it typical for games to be this multidimensional in appearance? Battle Sprites, 3D battle scenes, and character portraits all looked incredibly different in terms of features.

I guess I am simply used to seeing the same rough traits among all 3 of these that it is sort of weird to see so many different art styles for different areas of the game.

Is it typical for games to be this multidimensional in appearance? Battle Sprites, 3D battle scenes, and character portraits all looked incredibly different in terms of features.

I guess I am simply used to seeing the same rough traits among all 3 of these that it is sort of weird to see so many different art styles for different areas of the game.

Some games do use them, and most them use them a bit badly, like this one. The "badly" comes from that each different dimensional graphic has a different art style to it. If they were all done similarly, it wouldn't be so jarring, but it's like three different types of graphics are being smushed into one, and they don't correlate.

Some games do use them, and most them use them a bit badly, like this one. The "badly" comes from that each different dimensional graphic has a different art style to it. If they were all done similarly, it wouldn't be so jarring, but it's like three different types of graphics are being smushed into one, and they don't correlate.

Yeah, this. The sprites on map remind me of Advance Wars Days of Ruin. The 3D in-game battles look like something from the final fantasy DS games. And the portraits remind of something out of a Tales of game.And they dont' match together. FE12/11 despite its artwork, was at least similar. I wonder if they had different leads working on these different bits. Maybe lack of communication or something.

Edited by Coconut&Lime

argh, I hate that they added the 2 vs 1 battles. I was designing a game myself and this was one of the big features of it. (now people would just say I stole it from FE)

anyways, in my game, the multiple attackers were mainly resulting in the enemy losing avoid. maybe that's what it would be in this game too...

I was designing a game myself and this was one of the big features of it. (now people would just say I stole it from FE)

anyways, in my game, the multiple attackers were mainly resulting in the enemy losing avoid. maybe that's what it would be in this game too...

I don't see how this is a problem. Original ideas are hard to come up with these days, and people can come up with the same thing without ever looking at each other's work.

This was probably the best fangasm since Brawl, but I'm not very optimistic about this game's release date outside of Japan, due to FE12's situation.

Whether this was the nail in the coffin for FE12's international hopes or simply the next on deathrow remains to be seen. I'm hoping that the two might come out at similar times, for the DS and 3DS, but due to the lack of software on the 3DS right now, I doubt it.

Either way, the game looks fantastic, but the prescence of more than 2 characters in a battle definetly doesn't seem 'FE-ish', but it's about time for combo attacks.

I've heard it's somehow a sequel to FE6, but I'm rather hoping it isn't, as I feel that setting has been wrung dry at this point. I would rather get into the feel for a new, fresh story as I try to forget my pain about Marth's second adventure never reaching us.

Either way, the game looks fantastic, but the prescence of more than 2 characters in a battle definetly doesn't seem 'FE-ish', but it's about time for combo attacks.

I've heard it's somehow a sequel to FE6, but I'm rather hoping it isn't, as I feel that setting has been wrung dry at this point. I would rather get into the feel for a new, fresh story as I try to forget my pain about Marth's second adventure never reaching us.

That was a separate rumor from shortly before this game's announcement. The rumor has been confirmed to be a hoax; this game is unrelated and takes place on an entirely new continent.

That was a separate rumor from shortly before this game's announcement. The rumor has been confirmed to be a hoax; this game is unrelated and takes place on an entirely new continent.

Thank the Lord.

On another note, the music is quite pleasant, from what I could tell. I hope that it will be completely orchestrated.

Quite exciting. About freaking time. We'd better get this game this time. I've been hoping for a FE game for a while now. Seems like a good time for Nintendo fans as a whole. New Kirby and Link, and FE should be out decently soon in America, assuming they bother to translate it. They'd better, I want it.

argh, I hate that they added the 2 vs 1 battles. I was designing a game myself and this was one of the big features of it. (now people would just say I stole it from FE)

It's not a unique idea that's newly created by this new FE, to be honest.