Duel Terminal 2 Mafia

eclipse

Sho never claimed to be town, we just assumed that.He also made a post saying there are 2-3 mafia remaining.He said he suspected 2 more meaning there were only 3 to begin with and this is a very small value which also means you know something we don't.

For all we know I might have been the 4-5th mafia if I had found Strawman so the 4 to begin with isn't set in stone. I suspect 2 because of shinori being kept alive in such damn suspicious manner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kay was recruited by a cult.It would explain why she didn't know the fact that I had changed her priority.

How does that explain anything, exactly?

Haze is talking about popcorn claims and how is he NOT suspicious, I don't see him contributing in any ways

Paperblade brought up massclaiming first, I just suggested a better method. There's also fuck all for me to contribute about anymore since discussion stalled a couple phases back.

Kaoz isn't even on this list, just because he claimed SA, he shouldn't be walking around as if he isn't in this game.

He didn't claim anything, Strider(the cop) said he was a Survivor.

Haze did say that he had an idea on the matter, perhaps it's time we press him on revealing it?

Strider's death debunked it.

Obvious Tier:

4. Shinori

9. Hell Kaiser

Unknowns Tier:

2. Hikarusa

1. Mysterio

8. Sho.M

7. Naglfar

6. Hazekitty

14. Lorddomu

11. Kay

12. Flint

Unranked:

15. Balcerzak (previously between Sho and Naglfar)

Explanations:

Flint already claimed, and his counterclaim helped to scumfind.

Kay's confirmed by domu as town. Probably is. Not impossible to be godfather, but her play makes much more sense for someone townsided, and the nature of her claim makes a mafia allegiance less and less likely.

Lorddomu requested changed by community, and sensibly so. Unlikely to mafia because too many eggs in one basket.

Mysterio more suspicious. I re-evaluated Paperblade's commentary based on the comment from Prims, indicating some of my earlier trust may have been misplaced. Coupled with Mysterio's lack of activity since subbing in, I think it is perhaps warranted.

Hika... Was thinking or raising, also based on Prims' interpretation, but the man himself seemed a little unsure about his gut feeling, and I am having trouble finding a place to put him.

I never like placing myself anywhere, so I will leave this to the community once again.

I'm innocent. Shinori is obviously Mafia and I've targeted him as a scapegoat when I got the opportunity, instead of voting for a No-Lynch.

Some of these suspicions seem to be defraying naturally, as there's been the active discussion with Kay ongoing, but let's address the rest of these points.

Firstly, a cult would be a very worrying possibility. If there is a cult, we have yet to kill any cultists, as all deaths revealed have been mafia (straw) or town (everyone else). There have been no cult win conditions shown, and if the mafia doesn't hit a cult tonight, going into Day 5, with 5 cult... yeah. We're currently at 11 living players. That would likely spell the end of the game.

Objection! What about Snike? We didn't get any info about his role. Maybe the Cult's objective was to be invisible to the others from the very beginning, which is why Snike's role didn't appear (it's too odd to be unnoticed). It's very likely that we indeed have a hidden private faction between our numbers.

As for myself personally, as far as Vesperia went, there I was confirmed clear, and could afford to be as heavy-handed as the situation required. Here I'm in the same boat as nearly all of the rest of you, and I'm trying to find a good balance. I like to think I've been helping to try to steer things in a very positive direction, stepping up to push things along when other people are only talking about it. I've never really been fond of being thrust into leadership either, partly because if I am constantly running the show, it makes it harder for me to get reads, because other people seem to contribute less.

I'm positive you aren't Mafia, but the possibility of being a Cult member isn't low. Why didn't you say anything about Snike's odd death? No claims, no suggestions, no hunchs? Your behavior was far from normal. Allow me to clarify:

1) Which kind of Town role would have the ability to "Hide your role when lynched/killed"?

2) Which kind of Mafia role would have the ability to "Hide your role when lynched/killed" (also, wtf of a role is that)? There is a possibility that Snike got his role cleared by a Mafia player who targeted him, but that doesn't seem likely, does it?

3) Hiding his role and faction is a very likely ability to someone who wants to hide it. I suspect Snike was from the Cult.

Kaoz wasn't on the list because it was a list designed for forcing out claims, and his was already provided by the cop. I suppose I perhaps should have put him on somewhere, as opposed to just the disclaimer of "Kaoz not ranked", considering I also put Rothene down and he had claimed as well. He's on the new version of the list.

As far as Haze and Kaoz go, it's true they fell into similar "failure categories", which was different and supposedly rarer than the category Shinori fell into. But we have no idea just what is going on behind the scenes in Sho's role, and I don't have any good ideas for ferreting out an explanation. Haze did say that he had an idea on the matter, perhaps it's time we press him on revealing it?

That said, remember, our cop said he was a Survivor. Unless he were some sort of like... godfather cult leader (first time I've heard of it), I don't see how the mistake could have been made, and think he should still be considered as Survivor. Which being said, is becoming more and more dangerous for the town. :S

Well, Kaoz still lurks in the topic as an inactive active player, and being Survivor doesn't explain if he's really Town or Cultist. The fact is that Survivor could mean that he recruits a new member every night, and that he's is the only member of a group left (survivor). I find it odd for a Town member to not contribute with anything for the long run, especially when he's quite active in the MtG Mafia (from some Logs I've got from my faction, at least...). The problem with Kaoz is that the Cop investigated him and he wasn't Mafia... But now that we know about the existence of the Cult, we can classify his behavior as scummy in a certain way.

Besides, Sho mentioned that his role had a "punishment" if he didn't find Strawman before he was lynched/killed, and that it would be something bad for him. Do you guys think that being added to a small group of 3 people (since Snike is dead, and I'm supposing the Godfather recruits 1 player every Night) is a bad thing? Well, for me it seems pretty hard to win, also because the Town and Mafia are making a sandwich with the Cult. But Sho is confusing me, for he is too active and contributing oftenly to the game to be considered scummy (he isn't Mafia, at least... Makes no sense).

I suggest we role claim on the following Day and lynch Kaos if he doesn't answer on Day 6.

Lorddomu, the obvious conclusion to draw following a death like that is that the mafia have a Janitor. Janitors "clean up" after the mafia kill someone, hiding their role so only the mafia know it.

I'm still highly skeptical about this cult thing, since any evidence for it is a huge stretch(ie. what Lord just said about how Snike's role being missing obviously means he was cult, which would also be broken as shit by the way.)

Also if there -were- a cult, we'd have already lost, so I see no point in dwelling on it.

1) Which kind of Town role would have the ability to "Hide your role when lynched/killed"?

2) Which kind of Mafia role would have the ability to "Hide your role when lynched/killed" (also, wtf of a role is that)? There is a possibility that Snike got his role cleared by a Mafia player who targeted him, but that doesn't seem likely, does it?

3) Hiding his role and faction is a very likely ability to someone who wants to hide it. I suspect Snike was from the Cult.

2) I believe its called janitor. Its most likely one time use adittion/item to some scums role that hides the role of who he kills

Well, Kaoz still lurks in the topic as an inactive active player, and being Survivor doesn't explain if he's really Town or Cultist. The fact is that Survivor could mean that he recruits a new member every night, and that he's is the only member of a group left (survivor). I find it odd for a Town member to not contribute with anything for the long run, especially when he's quite active in the MtG Mafia (from some Logs I've got from my faction, at least...). The problem with Kaoz is that the Cop investigated him and he wasn't Mafia... But now that we know about the existence of the Cult, we can classify his behavior as scummy in a certain way.

for the last time he is Survivor. HIS ONLY PURPOSE IS TO SURVIVE. No Cult. No Town. No Mafia. Just to survive. He don't care if mafia kills all the townies. that means mafia wins and game ends. he didn't die so he wins too.

Besides, Sho mentioned that his role had a "punishment" if he didn't find Strawman before he was lynched/killed, and that it would be something bad for him. Do you guys think that being added to a small group of 3 people (since Snike is dead, and I'm supposing the Godfather recruits 1 player every Night) is a bad thing? Well, for me it seems pretty hard to win, also because the Town and Mafia are making a sandwich with the Cult. But Sho is confusing me, for he is too active and contributing oftenly to the game to be considered scummy (he isn't Mafia, at least... Makes no sense).

Lets put this this way. My current role/punishment is more than likely more harmful than helpful for town and I am one of town. My sheer existance is somewhat risky for town. ANd I need town to win. That is by definition punisment.

Also there is one way of making my role useful but if I claim before the exact time I were to use it for town's good, even that would become useless

Lorddomu, the obvious conclusion to draw following a death like that is that the mafia have a Janitor. Janitors "clean up" after the mafia kill someone, hiding their role so only the mafia know it.

I'm still highly skeptical about this cult thing, since any evidence for it is a huge stretch(ie. what Lord just said about how Snike's role being missing obviously means he was cult, which would also be broken as shit by the way.)

Janitors hide the role, but what about the faction?

Also if there -were- a cult, we'd have already lost, so I see no point in dwelling on it.

Care to explain?

For god's sake, Rein was thief/rolecop. By his word, Kaoz is a plain old survivor. Can we put this to rest already?

Consider Snike's strange behaviour before the universes exploded he died. Janitor doesn't seem very likely at all.

Janitors hide the entire role PM. Look them up.

Care to explain?

Janitor hides everything.

Simple, even if we went with Sho's idea of there being 3 mafia at the start and 2 left now, that means 2 mafia to 4 cult(leader+3 recruits.)

That means 6 anti-town players currently alive. After tonight there would be 5 cult.

One person dies. Let's say it was a cult, just for the best case scenario, which means at the start of tomorrow we'd have:

2 Mafia.

4 Cult.

1 Survivor.

3 Town.

Get it?

Janitor hides everything.

Simple, even if we went with Sho's idea of there being 3 mafia at the start and 2 left now, that means 2 mafia to 4 cult(leader+3 recruits.)

That means 6 anti-town players currently alive. After tonight there would be 5 cult.

One person dies. Let's say it was a cult, just for the best case scenario, which means at the start of tomorrow we'd have:

2 Mafia.

4 Cult.

1 Survivor.

3 Town.

Get it?

Yeah, that looks pretty unwinnable. Of course, even if there is a cult that's not overwhelmingly probable.

Oh and to top all that off, lest we forget, there's a persuader in play.

Haven't we seen nothing of this since Day 1? I would hazard a guess that our "persuader" was just an especially poorly-timed item.

Somehow, no one has died.

IT IS NOW DAY 5. DAY 5 ENDS ON WEDNESDAY 7:00 AM GMT/TUESDAY 8:00 PM HST. GAME ON!

Edited by eclipse

Well this was amusing. Thanks Kay. Kay for president! All hail Kay.

In other words I think Kay hitted wonderful priority tonight.

I still don't understand how Kay stopped kills by changing priorities.

Yeah, let's start

##Vote: Shinori

This time, DIE

before I forget,Can you please tell us the priority you had yesterday night Kay?

secondly, Were you ever blocked Mysterio(You are Blade's sub, right?)?

I've been tied up the past few days, I'll try and pop back in less erratically. No, I've yet to receive any indication of being blocked, though I suppose that doesn't preclude me from having been blocked without my knowledge.

##Vote: Shinori