Favourite name to use

Narga_Rocks

Not sure about where I should put this, and I asked a mod who didn't know either ;):

Basically, in any game where it asks you to name your character, what do you typically use? I use female characters since I'd rather not look at a male for 100+ hours if I can help it, so I often name her Chloe. Probably after Chloe Sullivan, but I didn't like her character that much so I think I just like the sound of the name.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I named my Persona 3 dude DouglasJ Falcon, my commander Shepard Doug, and my Persona 4 dude Dovahkin Naruhodo. Pretty much everything else is Mike or Sun. I am an artist

Or Liam, my first name.

Hey, that's the name of a cousin of mine. You don't know any Mikes in your family, do you?

Edited by Rehab

Integrity for men, Integritina for women.

If I'm trying to /srs, I have a small pool of names I choose from. Paul as a catch-all every-rpg-ever name, Vifur Danvil for the odd time I need a dwarf of some kind, and Branimir for any particularly masculine fellows. My women are almost always named Serena in this latter case.

Edited by Integrity

Ein or Fia with Rose as their last name if I can give them one.

Although on my first playthrough of Nocturne I used my real name which made kicking Lucifer's ass all the more satisfying.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

If the character has a canon name, I tend to let them keep those.

However, when there is none or I decide not to use them, then it's basically my real name for males, and for females it's usually Karen or Sophia.

I've started to just use Momo for everything. It's fun cause it goes for either gender.

I use female characters since I'd rather not look at a male for 100+ hours if I can help it

That's a pretty creepy way to think about it.

More often than not, I go with either Phoenix or my legal first name which will someday be Phoenix :P: . If I don't go with either of those, I'll try to pick something that I feel fits for that character(if they're female for instance), or just go with whatever the default name is.

I have a mental list of stock names, and I use those where it suits the character in question. If I'm guaranteed they won't have a personality I don't choose, I'll often go with my real name. My main reason for not identifying as the protagonist all the time? Marche.

Always a girl named Yuri. If there's only a male option, then default name cause I hardly care what a guy's called.

If no default male name, then I get stumped.

Yuri is a masculine Russian name, so go with that.

Edited by Furetchen

If the profile will likely be online, or the character name is irrelevant, I tend to use Esau, or Edom, or Seyr, all different names for the same biblical figure. If it is profile-only, and offline, I tend to use my first name (Kyle). If it is relevant, and roleplaying or personality will be involved, I attach a name to them that at least attempts to signify their qualities. If the character has a given name, I tend to keep it, especially if it is voiced. If the name is excessively stupid, however, I will change it.

I would die a horrible death before ever using numbers, unnecessary stupid names surrounded by symbols or characters (xXxSephirothxXx, NarutoD.Kurosaki_420, etc.), or pointless throwbacks to memes.

I generally have 2 ways of doing it if character is male.

A) Sho because I use it in just about anything I do on internet and it has stuck on me

B) My second name with certain little tweak to make it flow with English. And I used it way before I started playing FE so it has nothing to do with Marcus (yeah thats right, my second name is Markus so I use character named Marcus

If its female

A) Im just lazy and name it Sho anyway

B) I feel lulzy and name it Shonana

C) I feel boring and go with the default

D) I go with the easy way and name it Sakura or Marcy

If a male, Faolan or Finbar or Nate/Nathan and once used Lawliet (which I used in pokemon and I named the rival Light, I forget what inspired this...)

For female, Freohr or Eithne. That's all really...

when male, whase. obvious enough.

when female, Hera. it's the name of the main character of my story.

I only pick female when it's one of those games where you always stare at the character's...behind..

or when dialogue changes, in which case I'll likely play both genders.

Lumi or Camilla for female, Noctian for male.

Lumi's, well, duh, Camilla's an amazon-ish chick from the Aeneid with neither a too long of a name nor a really weird sounding one (sorry if I offend any ancient greeks here), and Noctian's just a character I made for DoF and I don't have really that many male names I can pull off the top of my head.

I play female more anyway, unless the male character's either really hot or the only option.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

If a character has an official name, I sometimes use that. Or at least a kind of one. Like Persona 4, I call him Souji Seta (although game-wise, he is technically nameless).

For males... Lux or Evan. I know, original.

For females... Lara, Fleur, and once I named one Kylie, I think.

If a character has an official name, I sometimes use that. Or at least a kind of one. Like Persona 4, I call him Souji Seta (although game-wise, he is technically nameless).

That's after Soujiro Seta, right? XD

1258207146706f.jpg

I usually use the names Mr Bucket or Mrs Buckette, Severian, Mhoram, or Karsa, or Maira if it's a girl. Also I very occasionally use the name Gro for guys and Mevrian Daha for chicks.

Edited by Mr. Game and Watch

My first name- Kang all day every day. If in the same series, I try to do some correlation. Like the hero from Dragon Warrior I name Kang, but I name Prince Midenhall of Dragon Warrior II Kang Jr.

I rant about this in my Dragon Quest LP marathon

/shameless self-advertisement!