This thread is a call to arms.

Integrity

Hmmm....Let's see drafts I'm in at the moment.

Fire Emblem 4- Tag Team (I'm such a jerk, I lost the savefile Horace gave me)

Fire Emblem 4- 2nd Gen

Fire Emblem 5- Kind Of Standard

Fire Emblem 8- Vanilla

Fire Emblem 8- Infantry

Fire Emblem 9- More Vanillaer (I'll start when I get to my GC, but I probably shouldn't have signed up for this)

OK, guys, I'm sorry, I won't join any more drafts until I finish these ones off!

And seriously, how the fuck does Horace complete the games so fast (not turncounts, just drafts in general), I like playing other games besides Fire Emblem, you know?

Could you like make this thread into a collection of what drafts people need to finish? I think that might help.

I'm working on making a thread like that.

Edited by Refa

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And seriously, how the fuck does Horace complete the games so fast (not turncounts, just drafts in general), I like playing other games besides Fire Emblem, you know?

I'm working on making a thread like that.

frameskip is held down for approximately 105% of the game. And I know some games like the back of my hand, most namely FE7.

Thanks, eclipse, I'll do that one day. But for the time being, I realized just how massive my workload is. So maybe not participating in a draft right now would be a good thing for me.

I think everyone should be allowed to host only one draft at a time, with the rule they cannot start another until they and one other person have finished. It would keep the number of threads down, and encourage people to badger the participants to finish.

Could you like make this thread into a collection of what drafts people need to finish? I think that might help.

I'll do my bit!

Currently working on:

Fe3 B1 Chapter 20

Fe5 Chapter 2x

Fe7 Chapter 29

Fe8 Chapter 15

In fact, I'll put it in my sig so I'm reminded at all times.

I think everyone should be allowed to host only one draft at a time, with the rule they cannot start another until they and one other person have finished. It would keep the number of threads down, and encourage people to badger the participants to finish.

That's not fair to the person who started it if said person is stuck with a group of deadbeats. Sure, keep the first rule that they have to finish their own draft, but don't make another person have to finish the draft to. If you're worried that this person will create too many drafts and not give enough time for the other draftees to finish, make a two week time limit between making drafts.

That's not fair to the person who started it if said person is stuck with a group of deadbeats. Sure, keep the first rule that they have to finish their own draft, but don't make another person have to finish the draft to. If you're worried that this person will create too many drafts and not give enough time for the other draftees to finish, make a two week time limit between making drafts.

The solution is to not let deadbeats in your draft I guess a time limit would work just as well

I don't like the idea of rules and limits, it's a little too imposing for my liking. However, when I'm hosting, I'll look into how likely people are to start/finish the draft. If nobody else plays, it's just a glorified selective playthrough!

Why not offer benefits for those who finish quickly, such as reserved positions in future drafts, or first to finish gets to select the order if the next one, or something.

Thanks, eclipse, I'll do that one day. But for the time being, I realized just how massive my workload is. So maybe not participating in a draft right now would be a good thing for me.

I've said to you in that PM.

Feel free to take over any of my unfinished GBA drafts.

Just tell me which one.

to be fair desmume is 30% speed on this com so fe11 drafts can die

As far as I remember I've quit two drafts (FE7 HHM and that stupid FE10 one with no forging), everything else is on hold because I have the best school schedule and don't have much Wii access. And I'm retarded at FE4/FE6.

In any case though, I don't agree with Elie's proposed bonuses. Why would you give one player in a draft an advantage over others just because that player is more experienced? Time limits also aren't a good idea IMO because some people might run into shit, or really don't have much time to play those games at all because of other something else, yet they know they'll finish in, say, 3 months or something.

Why not offer benefits for those who finish quickly, such as reserved positions in future drafts, or first to finish gets to select the order if the next one, or something.

Never going to happen, mate. Sorry.

I don't like the idea of rules and limits, it's a little too imposing for my liking. However, when I'm hosting, I'll look into how likely people are to start/finish the draft. If nobody else plays, it's just a glorified selective playthrough!

Fair enough. I'm just saying I'd rather time limits than screwing the guy who made the draft over forever.

This is what I have atm. 13 drafts to finish. Unless Im missing some of the auction ones, which i only did because i wanted to try out the drafting process, not to actually play. So Ill cede my spot in some of them too. I will not join anymore drafts until I finish some of these. Right now the focus is SFDTT.

FE12 I call dibs on this kind of draft

SFDTT FE10 (in Part 3)

I Always wanted to try this game (FE10)

FE8 Yet another FE8 Auction

FE10 Radiant Dawn, Hard Mode Style

FE7 LHM+HNM 3 (in 28x)

FE8 Test Draft- A Balancing Attempt (will cede my spot to someone else because I might not get to it)

FE7 Integ is gonna rip out our organs

FE9-FE10 Tellius Draft #3 (FE9 Ch24 currently)

FE8 Integ is going to murder us violently

FE9/FE10 Vs' Numbers Draft

FE12 For Lunatics (H3) ( in Ch 1)

FE12 Maniac Mode Draft (currently in Ch 15)

to be fair desmume is 30% speed on this com so fe11 drafts can die

As far as I remember I've quit two drafts (FE7 HHM and that stupid FE10 one with no forging), everything else is on hold because I have the best school schedule and don't have much Wii access. And I'm retarded at FE4/FE6.

In any case though, I don't agree with Elie's proposed bonuses. Why would you give one player in a draft an advantage over others just because that player is more experienced? Time limits also aren't a good idea IMO because some people might run into shit, or really don't have much time to play those games at all because of other something else, yet they know they'll finish in, say, 3 months or something.

To be fair, what I proposed has nothing to do with ingame rewards.

I've said to you in that PM.

Feel free to take over any of my unfinished GBA drafts.

Just tell me which one.

Well, which drafts have you not finished? I only have FE7, 8, and 11 available to me so I can't go past those three.

Eli's talking about finishing at all quickly, not finishing with the best turncount. It's meant to reward diligence more than experience.

First, I was doing it fast, with no regard to LTC.

Then, I got sucked into auctions.

Well, which drafts have you not finished? I only have FE7, 8, and 11 available to me so I can't go past those three.

Fe7/fe8.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I noticed people are still doing this. Which part of this do people not understand? I think the purpose of the thread is clear- people need to not *trust* people to do it, people need to outright *reject* those with massive backlogs.

In people's defense, it is a serious exercise in self-control for me not to join every draft I see. But on the other hand, even as someone really new to the scene, this bothers me and makes me not want to finish. And it *especially* makes me not care about my TCs as much as finishing- the competition is half the point!

Not to mention, the activity of the people in my two drafts seems to be way better than the average...

Edited by Recondite