Two new member badges added.

Tangerine

Lilina has been Popo's identity since like... I joined this forum, IIRC.

I don't think I've changed my avatar once the whole time I've been here. :P: I really love the new badges though. All of them, but especially Roy and Lilina. Thank you, Vincent! :wub:

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Greil, it was fun while it lasted. Looks like I've got Rajaion now.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a well-hidden badge with a silly requirement of something like 15,000 or more posts.

Rajaion is the top poster member badge, no hidden secrets or anything :P. I think only 3 or 4 people could feasibly have the badge currently (6000+ post count), I can't imagine we'll be adding anything higher any time soon. Otherwise we may as well just be giving the top 5 (non-moderator) posters their own badges, which might seem more than a little odd :P:.

Edited by Tangerine

I don't intend to give her a new member badge :P:. Plus I don't recall anyone but the staff having SF themed badges in the past, so I'm not sure how most of that applies.

I don't intend to give her a new member badge :P:. Plus I don't recall anyone but the staff having SF themed badges in the past, so I'm not sure how most of that applies.

That's because the herons were all already placed on staff members and the validating group. The only thing that could've been done to keep the "Serenes Forest" theme as part of the member badges was using a different art of Reyson and Leanne, which would be dull.

With the exception of Roro in the first addition, all member badges first added were Tellius related and most of the additions (everything but Xavier and that hoax girl) until recently have been Tellius as well. IIRC even the retired mod badges HAD to be a pair from Tellius. I don't particularly mind badge changes to mods, I simply took a guess based on what I've spotted and the whole 'mods are herons because it's our theme as Serenes Forest" strikes me as silly so I figured that change may exist. Oh well.

Edited by Sirius

I don't think it's silly at all, I think the staff having uniformed badges rather than a bunch of random ones - especially when the originals are true to our site theme - is a desirable thing. I also don't like how that would promote the idea that we should get what we want because we are staff, whereas members have to put up with whatever Vincent or I give them. Why should we get to choose whatever we want when it's not been made possible for them to? We are a minority on the forum. We are not entitled to any benefits outside of what is required for us to do our jobs just because we mingle on a hidden board and bore ourselves with forum oversight. I think we are failing as a staff if a forum-related action we've chosen to take serves only us. There are enough people who are unhappy with being unable to pick their own that I'd say a decision like that falls into that very description.

But this is a pretty stupid discussion to be having here. We have a good theme, it's true to the website + forums and it is at least more even with members than if we denied them their choice of custom badges and awarded ourselves with them on the side. They've got shiny new ones, our badges are old as heck. And I am happy with that, because new content for them should always be our priority :P:.

Edited by Tangerine

I don't think it's silly at all, I think the staff having uniformed badges rather than a bunch of random ones - especially when the originals are true to our site theme - is a desirable thing. I also don't like how that would promote the idea that we should get what we want because we are staff, whereas members have to put up with whatever Vincent or I give them. Why should we get to choose whatever we want when it's not been made possible for them to? We are a minority on the forum. We are not entitled to any benefits outside of what is required for us to do our jobs just because we mingle on a hidden board and bore ourselves with forum oversight.

Well I'm a very understanding member :newyears:

I think we are failing as a staff if a forum-related action we've chosen to take serves only us. There are enough people who are unhappy with being unable to pick their own that I'd say a decision like that falls into that very description.

=DDDDD What if the forum got to vote on whether they were fine with the staff changing it? Then it could almost be like a forum decision rather than a full staff decision!

Somehow I'm guessing that still won't be enough but hey, I'll throw it out there =I

And really, badges is such a small matter I don't really see why not let them get theirs changed~

I don't really mind what you guys decide to do with the badges, they're pretty fun to have either way. But it'd be cool if there was an option for members to pick three of the current badges in existence that they know they'd want for sure eventually. That way, even if we aren't able to have all the badges at least once we'd at least get to be something we really want even if temporarily. For example, I've been hoping for Tormod the entire time but I've yet to get him. I've had Ike and Nephenee twice (not that I mind, I like them) and the BK twice (that one I did mind, just because he's my least favorite character in all of FE).

Wha-? Masked Marth's badge looks alright? I figured his face was too dark, but there isn't really much I can do to change it, I don't think (at least, not without significantly altering the artwork).

Yay. Tauroneo's gone.

Vincent, me PM'ing you didn't have ANYTHING to do with it, right?

XD

Edit: Wait what. For a second there I HAD Masked Marth. Now it's Rolf.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I slipped up and gave Masked Marth the same postcount as another badge, so that might have caused your temporary badge change : o

No, it's not me. You hit XXXX posts.

Edited by VincentASM