Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I explicitly know I was roleblocked, too. My claim that somebody roleblocked me is 100% factually correct.

Spike: Wagons aren't a thing to be afraid of as town at this point of the game.

Oh. Well. How and why. Wouldn't a bandwagon be detrimental early? Because of how uncertain everything is?

Last mafia I played is choral mafia iii, lol.

I'm a bit confused... does Cycle mean that both Day and Night are over at its end, or just Day? Sorry guys, I'm new to this. I've only been in one other Mafia, and I was killed rather early.

Ehh... I also find Shinori's post suspicious. ##Vote: Shinori

What are my posts suspicious about? I said that my role was a little strong and that i had a reason for stating that, also said i wondered if other roles were similarly strong. I then posted about djinns because i would like to find some useful of using my djinn otherwise it's completly pointless. I believe i justified my posts to the point enough that shouldn't warrant votes on me. But that's your opinion so.

Hmmm. It makes me uncomfortable that Bizz and Prims are giving away so much information so quickly and that such information just happens to support each other. My speculative side hopes they aren't mafia trying to use each other to establish early credibility. However, that would be risky if one of them was found out. It links them together too well. On the other hand, Bizz really just put herself out there which seems risky for a town to do. Sge also seems to be pushing the whole Prims isnt lying thing really really hard. I think I'll go with it for now though, their intentions seem good enough.

Other notables:

Kay is talking an awful lot. Maybe she just really wants to improve her activity. But it seems like a strange thing for Kay. Yeah, this is super meta, but its what I've got so far. My earlier suspicion of her was mostly just a reaction test. but since then i haven't really found her notable suspicious, just different than usual.

BMM: I was about to vote you, but then I realized you were new and being led astray ay listening to what Shinori said. So, I'll give you a little leniency on your earlier suspicious behavior. I would hope you would provide more insight about why you find Shinori suspicious though, along with your vote. And what about that makes you want to vote him. Voting right after Paper without much reasoning looks bandwagony (I forgot that one mafia term when someone votes for someone right after someone else did :/).

Shinori: You're acting suspicious. You want to talk about something that we don't really need to talk about, only you don't know what about it you want to talk about. So 1. you want to distract our discussion, but 2. you don't want to be apart of the discussion. Doesn't look good. Huh, okay, I didn't see that your Djinn needs to know what the other Djinns are...but still, assuming thats the truth, the way you brought it up was strange. Also I find it strange you felt the need to mention you didn't use your role and nothing happened to you. Seems like a way to appear like you're contributing when you aren't, because we can pretty much assume nothing (or nothing obvious, at least) happened to you if you don't come out and say "this happened to me" and what are you trying to establish an early alibi or something? I dunno, people just don't usually announce they they couldn't/didn't use their role night/cycle 0.

Spike: Eh, you are acting strange, not really being helpful. I can kind of sympathize with your not voting for rapier though because it comes off as jumping on a wagon, but with only 1 vote on him its not all that incriminating. I find you unsettling, but not the most suspicious.

Rapier: You were wonky cycle 1. Others found you suspicious. I'm staying neutral on you. Its meta, but you always come off wonky at the start of games. And all the way throughout every game.

If I didn't mention you, I don't find you peculier enough or haven't gotten a good read on you.

What are my posts suspicious about? I said that my role was a little strong and that i had a reason for stating that, also said i wondered if other roles were similarly strong. I then posted about djinns because i would like to find some useful of using my djinn otherwise it's completly pointless. I believe i justified my posts to the point enough that shouldn't warrant votes on me. But that's your opinion so.

See above. Also, I'm glad you mentioned that strong role thing, I forgot to mention it earlier. That is suspicious because if you were town you wouldn't want to be telling the mafia you have a strong role. That is bad. Also, it has a sort of "I'm valuable because of my supposed strong role" tone that you may be setting up to use against a lynch. Either way, what benefit to discussion is it to bring that up?

I was admittedly cautious of being 3rd on the bandwagon, but after reading through your posts and formulating my opinions, everything you have said thus far is suspicious. All reasoning for this vote is above in this massive wall somewhere. ##Vote: Shinori I'm looking forward to your explanation.

I was going to vote for Shinori even before Paper, based on what Spike pointed out. It doesn't make sense to give away what we can do at this point; it only helps the mafia.

I'm like torn between Rapier and Shinori. I mean Rapier's WTF reaction was pretty suspicious, but Shinori talking about strong roles and asking everyone about their Djinn seems suspicious to me. I mean why would a townie ask all the other players about their Djinn actions and talk about his own? That really makes me think Shinori is mafia, especially with all the info he wants to gather.

But anyway, I wonder why Rapier reacted so lol on C0. Votes on C0 don't count, and everyone seemed like they were trolling about their C0 votes(at least I thought so, until Kay pointed out her plan). Maybe he really thought a bandwagon was to occur on C1? :S

Also I guess its my first time playing a mafia on these forums( and a mafia based on a game, that too) but I hear Levity always overreacts? Explains why she's totally mad at stuff. >.>

Finally for those of you who think Spike is suspicious, well that's kinda weird. He looks like just another townie trying to vote someone to get a reaction or kill. I mean that's what some of us on C0 did, right? Vote for the heck of it? In fact Prims should look more suspicious since he was the one who started trying to make votes and kept changing them.(which didn't count in the first place, why the reaction people?) I kinda agree with StrawSloth here.

On the roleblock note, if you don't have an active ability, you could draw the roleblocker on to you instead of a power role if your fakeclaim is good enough. Hmm. :/

Guess this is worthless now. I was attempting to do this but not like that matters anymore.

Also @ strawman. I gave that info just so we had the information. I figured more information the better, and if anyone had tracked me for whatever reason they could have verified that i told the truth.

And about bringing up info that we don't really need to talk about, the djinn is the part i assume your talking about besides the above sentence, I just wanted to remind people of this aspect of the game that people had pretty much in place before the game even started when they chose their number. Which frankly should give everyone the ability to use this and we could make use of this in the thread, technically we should not be allowed to say someone is mafia or town solely from the djinn. Which in all reality means we could claim djinn and use them to target specific acts or people, albeit it wouldn't be private which could cause issues but it would give the town a little bit more power, the mafia couldn't just say "NO I WONT USE MY DJINN FOR THAT." Because frankly if they did then we could ask them why and bring that up and assume they aren't wanting to help the town, Which means using this we frankly stop the mafia from using their djinn, wouldn't we?

I might need to explain better, if so just say and ill type it better.

Another thing that happened last cycle is that someone made it so my posts have to be at least two hours apart.

Other notables:

Kay is talking an awful lot. Maybe she just really wants to improve her activity. But it seems like a strange thing for Kay. Yeah, this is super meta, but its what I've got so far. My earlier suspicion of her was mostly just a reaction test. but since then i haven't really found her notable suspicious, just different than usual.

Well, I've been waiting over a year for Proto to host another game. That kinda helps. Besides, I am trying to improve my activity level, if only because maybe one person playing better will help with overall skill level enough to minutely decrease people's inclination to quit.

And about bringing up info that we don't really need to talk about, the djinn is the part i assume your talking about besides the above sentence, I just wanted to remind people of this aspect of the game that people had pretty much in place before the game even started when they chose their number. Which frankly should give everyone the ability to use this and we could make use of this in the thread, technically we should not be allowed to say someone is mafia or town solely from the djinn. Which in all reality means we could claim djinn and use them to target specific acts or people, albeit it wouldn't be private which could cause issues but it would give the town a little bit more power, the mafia couldn't just say "NO I WONT USE MY DJINN FOR THAT." Because frankly if they did then we could ask them why and bring that up and assume they aren't wanting to help the town, Which means using this we frankly stop the mafia from using their djinn, wouldn't we?

Why are you pointing out that the Djinn aren't related to alignment?

Also, sure, it might help coordinate actions for a while, but I figure it would probably hurt the town more, since the townies with the most useful Djinn would get killed. Okay, so the mafia would have to use their Djinn for whatever they were told to if they thought they might be caught otherwise, but I don't think it would really be much of a problem for them.

That's true kay which is why i stated that i don't know if it would be the best idea to do it anyway and i'm perfectly fine with us not saying a single thing about the djinn. I was just stating the idea. Solely because my djinn is worthless alone and i don't know what to do with it otherwise. I mean i could target random people's djinn's with it but then it might end up hitting a worthless djinn or a djinn for the mafia and help them moreso to than help us.

Sorry for the slow response eclipse, but no i just didn't use my ability. Which is why i didn't do anything last night. And also why i don't know if i was targeted by anything or not.

I'm really slow here

Just confirming, you idled last night, right? >_>

Alright, just like you said, how does it even make much of a difference. Also, how does it mean I'm ought to be lynched.

ok i should have worded it better

Why were you so scared to vote for Rapier, just because it would have been the second vote on him? Let's say Rapier gets bandwagon'd and dies, and he's town. In all likelihood, you won't be the one taking the blame, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about, right?

Except you went and pussied out of the vote. Your only reason (omg i might get targeted D8) for backing out is stupid, and it makes you seem overly desperate to save your own hide - Or at least it did, in my opinion.

I was going to vote for Shinori even before Paper, based on what Spike pointed out. It doesn't make sense to give away what we can do at this point; it only helps the mafia.

so why didn't you

ITT: Newbie mode.

Strawman, the problem with Bizz/Prims buddying if they're both mafia is that if one goes down, the other's gonna follow pretty fast. It's hardly an ideal strategy. I suspect at least one of them is town, if not both of them.

Guess this is worthless now. I was attempting to do this but not like that matters anymore.

Also @ strawman. I gave that info just so we had the information. I figured more information the better, and if anyone had tracked me for whatever reason they could have verified that i told the truth.

First, djinn can't be used in conjunction with roles, so asking people to choose between their djinn and character ability IN PUBLIC doesn't seem right. If someone refuses to use their djinn, is it because they're scummy, or because they're softclaiming a PR? Second, I'm sure people see their little companion. Mine was attached to the bottom of my role PM. Third, djinn can't be used consecutively, so asking someone to use such-and-such on this cycle means that if such-and-such happens, we know that the person's out a djinn for the next cycle. Do you really want people advertising when they can't use their abilities? I sure as hell don't, because I have a feeling the mafia can make much better use of this information than the town can.

I'll wait for your response for this, as I'm not sure if this is you not thinking things through carefully, or you fishing for information.

First, djinn can't be used in conjunction with roles, so asking people to choose between their djinn and character ability IN PUBLIC doesn't seem right. If someone refuses to use their djinn, is it because they're scummy, or because they're softclaiming a PR? Second, I'm sure people see their little companion. Mine was attached to the bottom of my role PM. Third, djinn can't be used consecutively, so asking someone to use such-and-such on this cycle means that if such-and-such happens, we know that the person's out a djinn for the next cycle. Do you really want people advertising when they can't use their abilities? I sure as hell don't, because I have a feeling the mafia can make much better use of this information than the town can.

I'll wait for your response for this, as I'm not sure if this is you not thinking things through carefully, or you fishing for information.

I forgot that you can't use djinn and role ability in the same night. I wasn't thinking about it because there is virtually no reason for me to use my two in the same night really.

Third, djinn can't be used consecutively

This is the only reason my djinn is good, but that also makes it useless at the same time without information or a target that is worth it being used on.

In general i played it bad attempting to draw a roleblock to me and instead got the entire town's attention focused at me to lynch me it seems. The djinn thing was just a side thing that i was bringing up as an idea which was also partially wrong and I'm not even gonna bother trying to follow through with that. Either way my djinn is useless without information.

Overall, ignore my djinn idea, it's worthless for the most part.

Basically, Shinori, there's a reason why there are town leaders in OC and not NOC.

Eclipse, you usually talk more. Any particular reason for this? Ether, you should talk, too.

ITT: Newbie mode.

Strawman, the problem with Bizz/Prims buddying if they're both mafia is that if one goes down, the other's gonna follow pretty fast. It's hardly an ideal strategy. I suspect at least one of them is town, if not both of them.

Yes, I agree. I believe I mentioned that or something similar. Hence why I'm choosing to go with it for now.

Sort of. I think I found a shiny new food allergy, and it makes me sleepy. Bleh.

The djinn system rules specifically state that djinn go on standby after being used. . .which leaves me even more confused.

In general i played it bad attempting to draw a roleblock to me and instead got the entire town's attention focused at me to lynch me it seems. The djinn thing was just a side thing that i was bringing up as an idea which was also partially wrong and I'm not even gonna bother trying to follow through with that. Either way my djinn is useless without information.

Overall, ignore my djinn idea, it's worthless for the most part.

Not entirely sure how I feel about this yet. The whole trying to draw out the role blocker thing to target you or whatever. The meta in me wants doesn't want to say it isn't something you'd actually do. But thats all meta.