Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

come on don't get mad at me ): I just haven't seen a lot of you (or Iris or Manix) and I can't remember the posts you've made in the past, so I assume they've been little. I've been trying to put myself more out there at least despite sleeping fourteen hours.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so apparently, the next time I say "I'll post after dinner", I guess I mean "I'll post after dinner, dessert, watching a movie, another dessert, a nice shower --- oh, it's 1 am". Yeah, so, anyways, that post I promised like 5 hours ago:

DAY ONE IMPRESSIONS:

Joshaymin/Aurora - I remember him posting, but I don't really recall what he's said.

Clipsey!/eclipse - Doesn't have as much of a presence as she normally does, but still solid.

Kay/Centurion - Activity x 1000. Strange, but a good thing.

BigBangMeteor - Doing well for a newbie.

Prims - Zealous --- well, overzealous, since he's always zealous.

Domu/Rapier - Strange.

Shinori - Honestly, all I can remember about him is that he talked about the Djinns far too much --- which really, isn't something --- reaction wasn't scummy afaik.

Strawman/StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw

Paperblade - ...! Mr. Paperblade.

Iris - Moderator~ :O

Ether - Inactive, but well, with a reason this time.

Manix - Alright, needs to say more.

Blues/Marth - Eh... Okay.

Spike/Stolypin Necktie - Doing very well for playing his first mafia game in a long time. <3 A little spontaneous, but means well / is more effective than others.

Bizz/Levantamos - Very solid.

(1) @Guillermo/Spike: No one knows who "Lies" is, barring me and Paperblade because I explained it to him :(

(2) @ Marth: Don't edit, please. :(

(3) @Proto: I was definitely the first person who saw the moderator thing~ now I know who I'll ask to be my checker if I ever decide to host a mafia game~! (kidding, love you Bizz)

I'll be on more tomorrow [MORNING, I WILL WAKE UP EARLY FOR YOU GUYS <3 ] --- posting more intuitive things, since I don't think straight past 1 am. (I promised Eclipse after all...!)

I am still feeling slightly iffy about Shinori, but I am going to ##Unvote Shinori. I don't really think we should lynch this phase. All our votes are based off of someone "seeming" suspicious, whether it's Rapier or Shinori. Now, I am a newbie, so I don't know if lynches are based off of things like this often, but I, at least, am looking for some more concrete proof, which no one has at the moment.

I am still feeling slightly iffy about Shinori, but I am going to ##Unvote Shinori. I don't really think we should lynch this phase. All our votes are based off of someone "seeming" suspicious, whether it's Rapier or Shinori. Now, I am a newbie, so I don't know if lynches are based off of things like this often, but I, at least, am looking for some more concrete proof, which no one has at the moment.

Concrete proof rarely happens in mafia. Lynches are usually based of someone acting suspicious. Furthermore, what are you trying to do here? You say we shouldn't lynch, you unvote, but you don't vote No Lynch. Did you just mean it sounded like the best idea, but you weren't sure enough to vote yet? Or what?

Furthermore, I don't think it's a good idea to NL. It's NOC. People winding up dead, and seeing who wanted them dead, is one of our best ways of getting information. The lynch is also the town's main weapon. If we NL now, the mafia will still kill someone, and we'll have lost one chance to do anything to them. Besides, when will you be ready to lynch? When a power role claims with something more concrete? How long will that take? What if they get killed? We can't wait around for information like that.

I just gave you a third fucking reason. Are you even reading here? I find him scummyish, that's right, but I wasn't too sure yet if he was scum or not. I was afraid voting would start some kind of bandwagon so I didn't, I wanted to see his reaction.

...your point? Seriously. Are you even fucking reading.

It looks to me like you're afraid to vote for someone who flips town. Not afraid to lynch town, just to be involved. In other words, you look like scum. JB's point is that we always risk lynching a townie, whether or not there's a bandwagon, no matter who we vote for, so it seems like you're worrying about it excessively. Mislynches happen. Of course you're not too sure if he's scum. It's C1, how could you be sure he's scum? We just have to lynch someone anyway.

##Unvote

##Vote: LIES

needs more activity >:u

(1) @Guillermo/Spike: No one knows who "Lies" is, barring me and Paperblade because I explained it to him :(

So, is he voting for you or something?

##Vote: Spike

Shinori and Rapier just seem like newbies trying to help. I don't like Spike's refusal to be in a bandwagon.

Okay, so apparently, the next time I say "I'll post after dinner", I guess I mean "I'll post after dinner, dessert, watching a movie, another dessert, a nice shower --- oh, it's 1 am". Yeah, so, anyways, that post I promised like 5 hours ago:

DAY ONE IMPRESSIONS:

Joshaymin/Aurora - I remember him posting, but I don't really recall what he's said.

Clipsey!/eclipse - Doesn't have as much of a presence as she normally does, but still solid.

Kay/Centurion - Activity x 1000. Strange, but a good thing.

BigBangMeteor - Doing well for a newbie.

Prims - Zealous --- well, overzealous, since he's always zealous.

Domu/Rapier - Strange.

Shinori - Honestly, all I can remember about him is that he talked about the Djinns far too much --- which really, isn't something --- reaction wasn't scummy afaik.

Strawman/StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw

Paperblade - ...! Mr. Paperblade.

Iris - Moderator~ :O

Ether - Inactive, but well, with a reason this time.

Manix - Alright, needs to say more.

Blues/Marth - Eh... Okay.

Spike/Stolypin Necktie - Doing very well for playing his first mafia game in a long time. <3 A little spontaneous, but means well / is more effective than others.

Bizz/Levantamos - Very solid.

(2) @ Marth: Don't edit, please. :(

(3) @Proto: I was definitely the first person who saw the moderator thing~ now I know who I'll ask to be my checker if I ever decide to host a mafia game~! (kidding, love you Bizz)

I'll be on more tomorrow [MORNING, I WILL WAKE UP EARLY FOR YOU GUYS <3 ] --- posting more intuitive things, since I don't think straight past 1 am. (I promised Eclipse after all...!)

I am not good enough for an impression?? Not even a "I haven't noticed much" or whatever? sad.gif

Oh yeah forgot about that. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANIX! You can now do a lot of stuff legally(or maybe you already could, but you're an aussie, so I guess this applies)

Have choco cake! Its real good. :3

Alright, for those of you who expected m vote coming, well, I guess I found my prime suspect, and it is...

##VOTE: Rapier.

Why? Look at this post:

See, I had the same logic he had too, and yet I didn't react so lolly. Rapier probably did not see Proto's later post which was not counting votes for C0. You think that's not possible? xD Then why the hell did you over react? You did not read first post I assume, which said its a no lynch phase?

I already knew that, but everyone was overeacting, so I overeacted.

Also if he wanted to save his skin he couldve just voted for Shinori since at that point he seemed to be getting more votes on him with all the " Lets all use our Djinn". He couldve just used that same logic. But? He chose to help Prims create a bandwagon on me with the lolreasoning: Marth doesn't talk too much. Yeah right.

Just as the votes on me were rising. I had two or three votes on me while Shinori had four or three votes on him. I chose to "help Prms" because I wanted to know what you think, I didn't intend to lynch you at all. You know, it's easy to point things and then disappear.

Also, it wasn't a lynchwagon. I wanted your opinion, and so did they. We never intended to have you lynched, you see, since the Phase will end on April 10 (probably tomorrow). There's still too much time to Unvote, if that's what you're scared about.

mean if that's the criteria one takes for voting others, why not vote for Iris? She didn't even like, post until a couple of pages ago.

Well, we know she's busy. And she's always been that busy in Mafias. Your case was more interesting, imo, because you just pointed things and left. Ok, you already justified it in this post, but I didn't think about it yesterday.

Time to get back to my gamble.

Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

I don't have anything concrete about Shinori too, but he's my best bet. I can't let a single cycle go without voting, unless there's a very very good reason not to.

aaah all the happy birthdays

how do I contain them all

thanks guys

(even though it's the 9th (the day after) for me right now)

Topical stuff when I become conscious again

Alright, so let's see what we can manage for post #2!

May as well start with the top suspects so far.

Marth: Has been pushed for being inactive for a good chunk of time, which he attributed to being asleep at said time. Perfectly understandable. Prims has also been at him for waffling, or rather, showing support for two potential wagons, yet voting neither. This seems to be more for info gaining than distinctly wanting to lynch Mr. Prince of Aritia, and I do admit that not atleast dropping a vote after voicing suspicions on two fronts seems odd. Although, like BBM, he may place a more heightened importance on a vote than some of us do, as he has also stated to be new to forum mafia. I don't know whether this is the case, and Marth said he would be posting shortly, so we shall see what comes of that. Note to anyone who is still thinking this, by the way, feel free to vote as you feel, and switch it as necessary. Votes aren't a concrete thing, and provided that you're town, you should have no qualms with sharing your opinions on other players, which your votes certainly convey.

Shinori: Softclaimed a PR, supposedly to draw a roleblock. It is certainly something more likely for a townie to do than a member of the mafia, but the execution was, to be blunt, quite terrible. This puts me at odds with him, and in a strange position, since I'm not sure if he's scum who is trying too hard to look town and failing miserably, or just a really confused townie. Next we have the djinn talk. This is frankly, really scummy. We can't identify alignment by djinn alone, and knowing what player's djinn do is almost certainly to the benefit of the mafia rather than the town. Now, he claims that his own djinn necessitates this information, but honestly it feels like a cop-out, and the whole thing reeks of not reading the rules well enough, jumping the gun, and getting bitten in the ass for it.

Spike: Well, this has been said a thousand times. Is opposed to voting for fear of getting someone bandwagon'd and lynched, for fear they may be town. We used to see this a lot, but it really is a detrimental way of thinking. If we don't lynch, then the majority, if not all, depending on the setup, of the kills are played from the mafia's hand. I should not need to tell you that this is bad. As much as it sucks to lose a townie to town's main method of killing, it is a necessary evil, as seeing how said deceased interacted with others lets us fill in gaps in reasoning, and lets us make connections between players, so that we may begin lynching those scummy fellows. I don't really think his outlook is scummy so much as misinformed, but it is certainly peculiar, and if we continue to see more of it after this, I would suggest giving Mr. Spike a second look.

Rapier: Rapier just seems... strange. This one likely won't be as long as the others, because I just have an odd feel for him. I don't think he's necessarily scum, I'm getting neutral vibes from him at the moment to be honest. I wouldn't be opposed to lynching Rapier at the moment, but he isn't my top priority.

Alright, so that's out of the way. Let's look at some other quirks or whatever that jumped out at me.

-Kay claimed to be afflicted with something similar to me, in that her posts seem to need to be spaced apart from one another. Not quite the same as 'if you post more than six times this phase, the seventh will kill you. Instantly', but similar enough to be noted. Thanks for that, by the way, whoever you are. I simply adore having my life force drained to the point of nearly nulling my own existence merely by posting. It may be my favorite pastime.

-Prims is being Prims. I don't see anything in his pushing, it's just how he is.

-Bizz is just being Bizz. Again, nothing strange here, love you~

-'Clipsey seems to have found a new allergy ;-;. I hope you're okay, and are feeling back to 100% soon.

-Happy Birthday Manix! Don't do as I do, post more, haha. Err... yeah.

So... that section seemed sorely not very helpful aside from Kay's affliction... oh well, I'll leave it in, maybe someone will gleam use from it afterall.

Now for a vote, huh? At the moment, ##Vote: Shinori.

Out of everyone so far, I feel the worst about you right now. We'll see if that remains true by whatever time Ether post #3 graces you all with it's glorious existence. See you all next time, peace, etc.

First off happy birthday to Manix.

Second off i won't be here for most of the day with it being easter, im going out with my family to another family for a very very big lunch/dinner linner thing.

Third

##Vote: Rapier

Since out of all the people to vote for at the moment he makes the most sense to me. I still want to wait and let iris/manix and aurora talk some more, who both have said they will be posting actively or early today so that won't be a problem, I just will not be here when they do.

From what i remember aurora hasn't said too much. But that's just from the top of my head after recently waking up. I believe he only posted when he was talking/arguing with spike.

Oh, I didn't know we could vote for a NoLynch. I thought that just happened automatically if there was no majority vote. However, reading through what people have posted here, and in Training Mafia thread that I read through quickly, I have been convinced that it's better to vote and mislynch on Day 1 than to nolynch. So I will renew my vote on Shinori because he still feels the most suspicious to me. ##Vote Shinori.

I always seemed to get lynched early for stupid mistakes and every time it happens i'm town. The only reason i attempted to draw a role block was because someone mentioned it in the first place. Well another lesson learned i guess.

Anywho like i said, won't be around for most of the day, might not be back till about 7-8 central, might also be sooner, don't know. Just know i can't say anything or defend myself until then.

Current Votals. Correct me if I'm wrong. Who is LIES? And happy belated birthday Manix!

Rapier: 3 (Eclipse, Marth, Shinori)

Spike: 2 (JB, Kay)

Shinori: 4 (BBM, Paperblade, Rapier, Ether)

Marth: 2 (Prims, Bizz)

LIES: 1 (Spike)

I already knew that, but everyone was overeacting, so I overeacted.

Just as the votes on me were rising. I had two or three votes on me while Shinori had four or three votes on him. I chose to "help Prms" because I wanted to know what you think, I didn't intend to lynch you at all. You know, it's easy to point things and then disappear.

Also, it wasn't a lynchwagon. I wanted your opinion, and so did they. We never intended to have you lynched, you see, since the Phase will end on April 10 (probably tomorrow). There's still too much time to Unvote, if that's what you're scared about.

Well, we know she's busy. And she's always been that busy in Mafias. Your case was more interesting, imo, because you just pointed things and left. Ok, you already justified it in this post, but I didn't think about it yesterday.

Time to get back to my gamble.

Unvote

I don't have anything concrete about Shinori too, but he's my best bet. I can't let a single cycle go without voting, unless there's a very very good reason not to.

My apologies for overreacting. I actually thought this was lynchwagon, and wasn't used to the logic of "badnwagon of votes forces players to talk" which is pretty weird, although I'll play along with that. There's certainly not much to go with for D1, really, so there's not much for me to say either ways.

Also there may be another day, but that does not mean I'm allowed to defend myself, right?

Also Iris is usually busy? Hmm... didn't know that. :S

As for why I did not vote earlier, I wanted to first clarify with the stuff Domu had done on C0. With that done, it really does seem Shinori is suspicious...

##Unvote

Now in about 20 min.. I guess? Anyway I wont be online for about 1..2.. ok 8-9 hours, maybe even 10 hours. Although if you're lucky and I decide to wake up early I might jump into tomorrow's shenanigans.

Above vote was initially meant to be a joke but it's basically serious now.

Manix - I know it's simultaneously your birthday and Free Candy Day (the one that isn't halloween), but you might want to get something substantial out there sometime soon, dude. The empty unvote with "BUT I MIGHT STILL VOTE YOU" is pretty worthless, you might as well still be voting him. Your posts have not been very strong at all, with no clear distinction between the Shinori/Rapier wagons when you voted Rapier and a rather waffly, indifferent and overall not pro-town stance on Shinori here. This sort of apathy isn't a town attitude. Who's scum if Rapier's not worth voting now?

Not fond of Ether, his post looks like he's heaping suspicion on to the day's main targets without much original research. Ether, do you really not have any opinions on players who aren't wagons aside from the weak one-liners?

Something more recent on Marth: his new Shinori vote looks opportunistic and bad to me. Like, it gives me the impression he thought he handled pressure poorly, and had to take back his overreaction because he didn't want people harping on him for it. I can imagine why newbscum would do this if they thought they messed up. Not a very strong point, but interesting enough for me to keep my eye on him.

I think Shinori is going to flip town. Easy target with people piling on him for already established reasons that take little effort to repost, and I've already covered why I never felt the case on him was very strong in my last post. I think Rapier is going to flip town too, he's had a pretty strong D1 since I last posted and I'm actually liking his content.

Spike - You need to post again, you've been quite dodgy about everything lately. Who is LIES and why are they a better vote than Rapier? The sudden switch seems like support that you want to avoid being caught on a wagon. Kay's case on you is agreeable and I would sheep to it if the wagons on Manix and Marth don't gain any traction, because I don't see Shinori or Rapier actually flipping scum just yet.

Levity - Is Kay still scum? If so, why? I ask this because almost all of Kay's posts scream supertown to me and I just can't see it so far. Also, thoughts on Marth now that he's posting?

On a related note, where did Strawman, Paperblade and eclipse go? Paperblade and eclipse have been too forgettable for my tastes. Strawman looked townie in the same way Kay did but then he just kind of dwindled off, which I guess is kind of typical for him. Still want to hear him post some :words: since he had the time to make a jokepost.

Regarding Manix, I get the vibes of someone who has no former opinion about what's happening. Maybe it's because of his birthday. I really suggest we give him more time to gather his thoughts and focus on what we're dealing with, at least for now. Like, for example, Spike's cautiousness about starting bandwagons by voting when voting is inevitable. Shinori's vote on me also seems awfuly oportunistic to me because he didn't even justify it, it's also the reason why I'm not unvoting.