Game screenshots & info

No. 3

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me a bit sad, that looks so much better than Micaiah's. Is interesting though, means we may get two characters per game (unless they're skipping out on Ike, or just going with the ones who have a more interesting class). But yeah, looks plenty like Elincia, and probably close to my favorite artwork they've done so far.

Oh, and that confession that came up in the last couple of pages really made me laugh. I'm curious to see what his supports are like.

Edited by Mirron

Just curious:

Would you prefer if these redesigns of past characters simply wore the default out-fit of their new class with no additions so as to match the in-game model or what we have now? From what I can tell, Micaiah and Leaf took this route with Roy being the worst offender for just not matching his art.

This is assuming there is no "they get unique appearances to match their art regardless of class" option.

Also, does anyone know the artist yet?

Shiki Douji is the artist according to the Kanji.

A wiki search (in Chinese) gives that she did the illustration for the light novel ver of Full Metal Panic!.

I would like it if the DLC characters at least have some distinguishing characteristic rather than just hair colour in their models. I don't expect them to have full-matching models due to reclass (although it would be cool for their base class and since we do pay for DLC it'd be nice) but something like giving Roy his headband or Miccy those red ribbons on her leg wouldn't be too hard to implement. I mean, Marth keeps his tiara.

There's a few artists on Pixiv I'd love to have as DLC designers, but Nintendo probably won't hire less-than-at-least-somewhat-famous-artists. Oh well.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I'd much more prefer that they be unique. Not necessarily matching their artwork, but standing out from the crowd and having a different model at least would be nice. How it is now doesn't really help them stand out from the others barring the rather unique artwork they tend to use.

I'd much more prefer that they be unique. Not necessarily matching their artwork, but standing out from the crowd and having a different model at least would be nice. How it is now doesn't really help them stand out from the others barring the rather unique artwork they tend to use.

Hmmm...I guess I agree with you insofar as I want any character to stand out as much as possible, but I don't necessarily want the DLC characters to stand out more relative to the Awakening characters. When all is said and done, I just want each character to be as good as possible.

Anyway, ChinaFE just put up Wood x Lucina supports and

well

We got an explanation for Falchion changing shape between games.

伍德:由不具备众神之力的人类所创造出来的部位,是做不到那种程度的。

无论如何也敌不过时间齿轮所造成的强制力…

每次这把神器的外形都会发生改变,穿越了漫长的岁月,终于到达了这里。

露琪娜:这个…剑刃以外的持手用的剑柄的部分,果然坏了吧?

每次这个时候都被各种各样的人修好了,改变了形状,然后流传至今?

Wood: The parts created humans, lacking the power of the gods, is unable to retain its form.

No matter what it cannot defeat the force of the wheel of time...

Every time this shape of the holy blade will change, traveling through long ages, finally arriving here.

Lucina: So, the handle's broken, right? Every time this kind of thing happens a different person fixes it, so it changes form then, and was passes down to now?

Oh yeah Wood likes to be overdramatic and shit but here's to why Falchion's so different from its previous incarnations

Will translate the full support in the other thread another day

Shiki Douji is the artist according to the Kanji.

A wiki search (in Chinese) gives that she did the illustration for the light novel ver of Full Metal Panic!.

Thanks for the answer.

Yeah, they should put a little more effort for DLC if they want to sell them. Marth keeps his tiara because Masked Marth has a tiara so there was no need to add that hair feature. It wouldn't hurt to add small details like headbands, then it's truly downloadable content and not pointers at Hairstyle #1 and Color #2.

The new DLC map is the FE7 final chapter. O_O

Wait, is it really?

*checks*

...Well I'll be damned. So does this mean some sexy FE7 music remixes are on the way? Yes please.

Could it be that they plan to use this map 2 more times like they did with the Spirit Talisman ones on FE1 map1? I think the various rooms opening per turn has to do with the choice of this map.

Just curious:

Would you prefer if these redesigns of past characters simply wore the default out-fit of their new class with no additions so as to match the in-game model or what we have now? From what I can tell, Micaiah and Leaf took this route with Roy being the worst offender for just not matching his art.

This is assuming there is no "they get unique appearances to match their art regardless of class" option.

I would prefer they wore something sensible

i.e. elincia doesn't get flotation rings on her arms or wears two belts. I mean, Micaiah's costume was revealing but I don't think it was ridiculous. Elincia makes Tiamo and Sumia look normal...

oh and given how people jumped all over the anatomy of Micaiah, I'm surprised nobody has pointed out that Elincia's head is also bigger than her waist.

that being said, it's cool to see a new chapter featuring her. The 3 star rating makes me wonder how high the ratings will go up to... and Elincia getting her own chapter and art signifies that other plot-important but not main characters will get that treatment (such as say, Soren or Innes)

Edited by Anouleth

Info from gamefaqs about second DLC:

About the 2nd DLC (From what I read in 2ch)

-Total gold you can get in this map is about 83000. -THE ENEMY DO NOT ATTACK YOU.

You can do DLC chapters multiple times per playthrough, right? This seems... amusing...

--

Also regarding the new Elincia DLC, I'm a bit disappointed to see that she's using a SPEAR. I suppose asking for more than a default FalcoKnight was probably asking for two much for her. Aside from the horn, I rather like the new art.

(Oh look, Ike's in another DLC map. Wonder when they're gonna drop him on us finally.)

oh and given how people jumped all over the anatomy of Micaiah, I'm surprised nobody has pointed out that Elincia's head is also bigger than her waist.

Too tired to even say anything that might shitstorm this time man

I mean what the fuck is that last thread I don't even

Though then again, ChinaFE is like, the opposite of SF on this, Elin's DLC art has been mostly receiving negative reactions there.

Apparently the enemy on that DLC money map are mostly promoted units with skills like pass and movement+1 that will try to escape off the map, and to get as much gold as you can, you have to defeat them before they do. It's an interesting concept, better than just rout and get all the gold.

By the looks of it, Ike will be amongst the last of the DLC or probably after 2 or 3 more. Even when he does, Ike will most likely barge into everyone else's DLC again and again.

I want the guy who drew this to do Sigurd/Celice DLCs (Hey if Marth can have his DLC+ like, 2 spotpasses since he's in FE11's set and he's also in 12's and Micaiah has a mage version and a DM version ) I'm hoping for either one or both of those two and Judgral desperately needs new artwork

Nintendo won't since they only want famous (in Japan) people but a girl can dream right

Hrm... I know falcoknights always wear tiny skirts, but I wish Elincia's thigh-high stockings were just leggings like how they've always been. Out of all the peg knights, Elincia has always had the most sensible look. Ah well. Looks great from the waist up, at the very least. I wish she had a custom falco-class to have swords + staves again, plus her Amiti, but hey, I wasn't expecting Elincia at all so all in all it's a pleasant surprise that IS went for one of my favourite characters in Radiant Dawn.

I want the guy who drew this to do Sigurd/Celice DLCs (Hey if Marth can have his DLC+ like, 2 spotpasses since he's in FE11's set and he's also in 12's and Micaiah has a mage version and a DM version ) I'm hoping for either one or both of those two and Judgral desperately needs new artwork

Nintendo won't since they only want famous (in Japan) people but a girl can dream right

also he doesn't have enough belts

I was just relieved she doesn't look 14. Yeah, my expectations are that low. But now that it's out there, this is pretty godawful too, I'd say it's even worse than Micaiah's design wise. It just doesn't look as badly drawn.

I was just relieved she doesn't look 14. Yeah, my expectations are that low. But now that it's out there, this is pretty godawful too, I'd say it's even worse than Micaiah's design wise. It just doesn't look as badly drawn.

I disagree. It has the same proportional issues, but while Micaiah's does have some nice detail and amazing lighting and shading, I don't see that here.

That is true. I guess it's just the pose that's better, though Elincia does not have a right foot.

Also, we need Tetsuya Noumra to do the FE7 lords.

Edited by Momo

You can do DLC chapters multiple times per playthrough, right? This seems... amusing...

Yes.

Personally, I don't see any problems with Elincia's art. In terms of being ridiculous, it's certainly not as over-the-top as Roy's.