Rate the Unit, Day 42: Horace

PKL

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Macellan: 0.18

Maria: 1.05

Tomas: 1.08

Radd: 1.31

Dolph: 1.40

Vyland: 1.67

Matthis: 1.87

Bantu: 2.02

Rickard: 2.34

Darros: 2.45

Linde: 2.60

Roshea: 2.88

Gordin: 3.11

Caesar: 3.50

Midia: 3.70

Jeorge: 4.00

Roger: 4.35

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Boah: 5.81

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Minerva: 6.45

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Jake: 7.13

Ogma: 7.56

Athena: 7.95

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Wendell: 8.92

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

Edited by PKL

CURSE,YOU HORACE!

Well, the game char is fine in terms of bases and is just usable. Not great, just usable. His growth's are shitty, but you can do nothing about it.

3/10

Bless you, Godspeed, More power to you, Fuckwin, Father of Sothe's Children, The best and the finest except Sheeda, Always there as long as you have 15 characters or less at the end of Chapter 12, Indubitably, the one and only unless you named your MU Horace,

General Horace

Kills stuff dead and has good bases. 6/10

Edited by Refa

Indubitably, the one and only unless you named your MU Horace,

Wrong game, Bro.

Solid bases combined with beyond awful growths will carry him for a while, but not to Endgame...probably not past Ch.22.

Unless we're rating the player Horace, in which he receives an unbiased 10/10

Horace

* Horace's Day

* Begins in Chapter 12x

+ Good Weapon Rank

- Decent Base Stats

- Decent/Bad Growths

- A bad option for Lunatic Mode

Score 3/10

Edited by Enex

Good base stats over most of your units (usually don't get with charactes till your 2/3 through the game) makes getting this guy worthwhile. His bad movement will have to be resolved with boots if you don't change his class. But overall...awesome unit.

7.5/10

Edited by リズ

Looks good in shades, and. . .wait, wrong person.

His bases are amazing, but the only other classes where his ranks matter would be Horseman and Warrior, and that's half a D and D bows, respectively. As sexy as that starting B rank in lances is, he's not leveraging it unless he stays in his original class. He's like a mid-game Jagen, but in class B.

4.5/10

He sports some decent strength and defense, but his speed is a joke. His growths are pretty iffy too.

2/10 - Minus a whole point because I really don't like him.

Ahh Horace probably one of the only units I care for FE:DS.

He shows some of the best bases for B male characters... most notable, the 7 str, 9 skl and 4 spd wich is nice for the general, although his Hp base is unimpressive.

Horace potential is fulfilled when reclased to Hero, but before reclass to zerker and use 1 arms scroll. that way he can use Hand axes for Hero and be 15 swings away from C rank.

As a Hero, Horace has 21 Atk with an iron Axe, that is Astram same offense with the silver sword. He also has 16 Spd which can double some slow enemies

As a Hero Horace has 19 Skl so he can safely swing Axes with almost 100 acc.

He is a perfectly filler unit and can last for long... if he gets lucky procs in some stats he can last longer.

7/10 with a full point of Bias

Wrong game, Bro.

I've only played one of the games to completion and it's not FE12, I know. :p

best unit 10/10

But honestly he's mediocre at best, he can be thrown an arms scroll midgame for hammertime as a warrior/zerker and handaxes as a hero, this helps him tremendously. Kind of lacking lategame. If he could reclass to dracoknight he'd be pretty neat midgame with silver lances and ridersbanes coming off of 15 strength, which would likely be unmatched at this point in the game.

6+1

7/10

best unit 10/10

But honestly he's mediocre at best, he can be thrown an arms scroll midgame for hammertime as a warrior/zerker and handaxes as a hero, this helps him tremendously. Kind of lacking lategame. If he could reclass to dracoknight he'd be pretty neat midgame with silver lances and ridersbanes coming off of 15 strength, which would likely be unmatched at this point in the game.

6+1

7/10