Rate the Unit, Day 46: Palla

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Not the best around but she has a better start that Catria. A few levels ahead, Has a good Lance Rank and is salvageable when trained right away. She gets a 7/10 from me (Bias Point thrown in since she quite the looker and is just awesome in her own way)!

Averages:

Macellan: 0.18

Maria: 1.05

Tomas: 1.08

Radd: 1.31

Dolph: 1.40

Vyland: 1.67

Matthis: 1.87

Bantu: 2.02

Rickard: 2.34

Darros: 2.45

Linde: 2.60

Roshea: 2.88

Astram: 2.89

Gordin: 3.11

Caesar: 3.50

Midia: 3.70

Jeorge: 4.00

Roger: 4.35

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Horace: 5.02

Catria: 5.45

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Boah: 5.81

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Minerva: 6.45

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Jake: 7.13

Beck: 7.42

Ogma: 7.56

Athena: 7.95

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Wendell: 8.92

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

Edited by Folgore Purple

Insta-Silver Lance with bases that'll make up for her awful Speed growth? Meh. But not as meh as her sister, because she can promote in two levels.

5/10

Better bases and weapon level than Catria, but Catria will eventually outpass her due to lulsy speed growth. At least Palla is easier to promote.

4.5. This includes negative bias for not being as hot as Catria. :>

A silver lance on wings that's instantly useful... sort of. I like her and all, but I'm not gonna pretend she isn't superfluous by this point in the game. Still though, compared to a lot of failures you get around this time, that B in Lances makes a difference.

5/10, sorry lady.

4.5. This includes negative bias for not being as hot as Catria. :>

Wow, what's it like being in bizarro world?

Insta-Silver Lance with bases that'll make up for her awful Speed growth? Meh. But not as meh as her sister, because she can promote in two levels.

5/10

Dis.

A silver lance on wings that's instantly useful... sort of. I like her and all, but I'm not gonna pretend she isn't superfluous by this point in the game. Still though, compared to a lot of failures you get around this time, that B in Lances makes a difference.

5/10, sorry lady.

This, including the bizarro world thing, plus bias. So 6/10

5/10, sorry lady.

5.5/10

Beautiful. Much hotter thanm catria 10/10 Better bases than her stinky sister. Silver lance at base. Can promote quicker. And is hot. 7/10 (+1 bias)

Silver lance, good growths, good starting level, good bases.. what more do you want?

7/10

Existent personal Speed growth. :P:

Her good Hp, Str, and Def and bad growths in luck and spd are why that it is recommended to make her a Dracoknight than a Falcoknight. Better bases than any of her other sisters. Joins late...but at least she flies. So...

6/10

Edited by リズ

I find it necessary to mention that Palla's "better bases" (compared to catria; screw est) come down to precisely +2 HP, +1 STR, and +1 SKL. This is really worth a bullet point, given as everybody is separating Silver Lance from it?

I find it necessary to mention that Palla's "better bases" (compared to catria; screw est) come down to precisely +2 HP, +1 STR, and +1 SKL. This is really worth a bullet point, given as everybody is separating Silver Lance from it?

All that matters is bases. Palla WILL get a higher score than Catria, because Silver Lances and 1 extra strength > a 40% difference in speed growth. Isn't it obvious? Doesn't it go without saying?

All that matters is bases. Palla WILL get a higher score than Catria, because Silver Lances and 1 extra strength > a 40% difference in speed growth. Isn't it obvious? Doesn't it go without saying?

Yes, I recognize the advantage of the Silver Lance. I explicitly recognized the advantage of the Silver Lance. Most of the people in this thread are splitting it off from her "better bases" (outlined) like it's aNOTHER remarkable thing all its own, rather than part of "better bases [read: weapon rank]".

EDIT: to perfectly clarify, this is not me saying catria > palla, this is me being pedantic.

Edited by Integrity

IIRC, insta-Silver with better Strength means she can start OHKOing soft things (like mages). I gave her the score I did mostly because of Silver Lance and ease of promotion.

She also has +3 level, which means she can promote faster.

EDIT: to perfectly clarify, this is not me saying catria > palla, this is me being pedantic.

Clearly. I mean who the fuck would think Catria > Palla? The utter thought is just insane! Bases are all that fucking matters, along with how close you are to promotion.

@eclipse: Again, in tandem with Silver. Silver's doing the brunt of the work in this equation, and I'd reckon there ain't much she wouldn't 1RKO with the Silver with -1 base STR.

@Horace, Momo: And "closer to promotion" is being used as another, separate bullet point. What I'm getting at here is that people (multiple people) are putting down her relatively better base stats as *their own* point in Palla's favor, when that boils down to a strength over her sister.

@Crush: Jesus, dude, calm down or be more obvious with your sarcasm. For the record, I think Catria's better than Palla but that's tainted by draft experience where the existent SPD growth matters.

EDIT: To illustrate this better, let me draw an example:

Better bases and weapon level than Catria, but Catria will eventually outpass her due to lulsy speed growth. At least Palla is easier to promote.

#2: Silver, taken on its own. Agreeable by any standard.

#3: Promotion, taken on its own. Agreeable too.

#1: A separate point (in fact the lead of the argument) for exactly one point of Strength.

Edited by Integrity