"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about Swordmaster is, every character that can be a Swordmaster can also be an Assassin with the exact same Spd cap. Before you reach the cap, Swordmasters have a one-point advantage due to the higher base, and at any point they add an extra point of Spd to allies as a Double bonus, but that's it.

I've always felt Swordmasters had better defensive capabilities and more useful skills (I'd rather have Astra than Assassinate). Amatsu's a big deal too, despite 30 uses.

I've always felt Swordmasters had better defensive capabilities and more useful skills (I'd rather have Astra than Assassinate). Amatsu's a big deal too, despite 30 uses.

I'm looking strictly at when the characters are maxed-out, so skills are a moot point as the characters can simply take skills from any class. Amatsu is good, especially for the main story, but for postgame, it's rather moot as Ragnell is just better.

Swordmaster is potentially better if you're looking at a character without access to lightning speed, as higher defenses matter more when you can't just dart back behind friendly lines.

Of course that begs the question of why you're using a squishy character who doesn't have lightning speed int he first place.

Swordmaster is potentially better if you're looking at a character without access to lightning speed, as higher defenses matter more when you can't just dart back behind friendly lines.

Of course that begs the question of why you're using a squishy character who doesn't have lightning speed int he first place.

When maxed out, neither class is at all squishy relative to any maps we currently have available, although that will hopefully change in nine days.

Can you forge in this game?

Yes. You can add up to increments (1 Mt, 5 Hit, 3 Crit) per weapon, up to five in any category. Enemies can ignore these limits, mainly on Lunatic mode, where ultimately they all use weapons with an impossible +8 Mt / +20 Hit.

When maxed out, neither class is at all squishy relative to any maps we currently have available, although that will hopefully change in nine days.

I've had some trouble with maxed berserkers surviving in Paris' map, but overall I'd agree. The only units that I have who have problems surviving are Olivia and my Dark Pegasi (because bows still twoshot them).

What portraits do the radiance series spotpass characters use that were in both games?For Micaiah,Sothe and Ike what class as well?

SpotPass characters use official art; I don't know the art well enough to say which game it's from other than Ike being his younger FE9 version and Sothe being his older FE10 version. I assume the same goes for all the characters.

But as for classes:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/spotpass.html#fe9

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/spotpass.html#fe10

Edited by Othin

How does reclassing work? What level do they start off at after reclassing? Is it possible to gain a bunch of other classes skills by reclassing?

Reclassing requires a change seal, only a character at level unpromoted 10 or higher(including a promoted unit of any level) can reclass, promoted characters at level 10+ or single stage classes(Taguel, Villager) at level 30(which is only available for single stage classes) can reclass into either unpromoted or promoted classes, unpromoted classes and promoted classes from level 1-9 can only reclass to unpromoted classes within the characters available set.

Reclassing sets the characters level to 1 in which ever class they switch too and yeah a character can reclass in order to gain the skill within all of their available classes.

Reclassing requires a change seal, only a character at level unpromoted 10 or higher(including a promoted unit of any level) can reclass, promoted characters at level 10+ or single stage classes(Taguel, Villager) at level 30(which is only available for single stage classes) can reclass into either unpromoted or promoted classes, unpromoted classes and promoted classes from level 1-9 can only reclass to unpromoted classes within the characters available set.

Reclassing sets the characters level to 1 in which ever class they switch too and yeah a character can reclass in order to gain the skill within all of their available classes.

Thanks, that's completely awesome. Maxing stats are no problem anymore ^^

I just wanted to know which father-child support conversations are not generic. It seems most of them are. Are there any ones in particular that are unique?

I don't know of any unique ones, beyond the two where the child is dependent on the father rather than the mother, as special cases where the conversation has to be available. I doubt there are others.

Just curious, but where did the "Sariya" translation originate? Looking at the Katakana a more proper translation would have been "Sarya". I'm not complaining about it since I don't care either way, and I'll use the official NoA translation when those are out, but any particular reason they went with that translation?

Just curious, but where did the "Sariya" translation originate? Looking at the Katakana a more proper translation would have been "Sarya". I'm not complaining about it since I don't care either way, and I'll use the official NoA translation when those are out, but any particular reason they went with that translation?

Saarya is not a name that anglicizes well. Some liberties have to be taken to turn it into something that's pronounceable and sounds vaguely like a name in English.