"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the 2nd gen. class change into Strategist if their parent is MU?

including Lucina

Are there any other class change restrictions on DLC characters, excluding gender restrictions? Can they class change into Strategists as well?

Edit:

You're incredibly on top of things, thanks for the prompt reply.

VVVV

Edited by Sanji

Can the 2nd gen. class change into Strategist if their parent is MU?

including Lucina

Are there any other class change restrictions on DLC characters, excluding gender restrictions? Can they class change into Strategists as well?

In order: yes, no, yes. Strategist is counted as a regular class, just like Myrmidon and anything else with two branches. Strategist is only a special case in that it has just one branch instead of two.

I should explain that DLC characters can access Strategist and all classes accessible to their gender with branched promotions, but aside from special cases like Marth and Tiki, they can't access single-tier classes, and none of them can access Lord.

What is each of the childerns reasons for appearing the location they're recruited?

Cynthia and Wood: they want to show off. Degel: her martial art master was killed there, and she wanted revenge. Jermoe: to release Minerva to the wild in the past because dragons are almost extinct in the future. Nn: no apparent reason. Mark: no one will ever know because Mark has amnesia. Loran: to search for the legendary Goddess Staff. Chambray: followed merceneries because he wanted to be safe by tagging with with strong people. Azure: because the women there were in danger, and he's a show-off like Cynthia and Wood.

Are the Archers useful from an at least casually efficient standpoint? Like, at all?

This is more of a gneral FE quesiton than FE13. They're good for luring enemies with range 2 (mages, etc). Of course, this also means they shouldn't rush to the frontline without anyone else to protect them.

If you think archers are useless in the other games, they aren't getting any better in this game. For this reason, do not use Sniper as their ifnal class.

Ranged attacks can be really valuable on the higher difficulty levels. However, on those higher difficulty levels, it becomes a huge issue that Viole's bases are terrible and that magic is generally more effective.

Can a cleric/troubadour heal an ally as a Dual Attack ? (or a sage/valkyrie/trickster/falcon/battle cleric/bride with only a staff)

No. They won't heal, nor will they attack FE10-style. Their Dual Attack rate is automatically zeroed if they don't have a usable weapon.

Another item availability question:

When do(if they even do) Change Seals become available for purchase?

You can buy them in unlimited quantities anytime after Ch16.

No. They won't heal, nor will they attack FE10-style. Their Dual Attack rate is automatically zeroed if they don't have a usable weapon.

This is such a bummer. I was hoping something would be implemented in that regard. Ah well, thanks for clearing that up, as I was curious about it myself.

Can you still skip the entire enemy phase like you could in 11 and 12?

Yes. It interrupts for player/NPC deaths and for level-ups, though.

where to find dlc and spotpass growth rates(because i cant find them)

We don't have them, period. At this time our only source on growth rates is guidebooks, and those do not mention any SpotPass or DLC character other than DLC!Marth likely because he was available at the game's launch. As of now, no-one has successfully cracked the 3DS ROM format and progress there isn't really looking good, so we won't be able to extract anything from the ROM, namely growth rates, for the foreseeable future.

can units other than Mu(s) dlc and spot pass be transfered to other files

Normal units cannot be transferred to other files.

Are boots in endless supply? If yes, what are the caps on Move?

Hypothetically, you could use Boots on an MU or bonus character and then transfer that character to other files, where you get Boots there as well and use them, and so on for unlimited Move on that character.

With two files, you might also be able to buy Boots from each others' StreetPass teams.

So this could be used to find any Move caps, although I haven't looked into it.

Edited by Othin

IIRC, Boots cannot be bought from StreetPass teams. I don't think you can have two files in the same game card StreetPass each other, either, since StreetPass settings follow the 3DS system itself, and FE13 allows for only one StreetPass team per 3DS.

But yes, in theory you can rack up Move by having two files alternatively updating the same unit. As long as you don't overwrite the file (use Suspend instead of Save), you can do it infinitely.

FE12 had a physical cap of one Boot use per character, despite there being only one Boots item in the whole game (you can only find this out by hacking).

I wonder if FE13 does the same and only lets a character gain +2 Move once?

Two copies of the game, I mean, not two files. And you're sure they can't be bought? That's odd; they do have a price.

---

That would imply that each class would have a Move cap of two more than their base. Some time ago, I decided to look into that by using a single Boots item on a character and the stat was still displayed in black, not in green as it would for a capped stat.

Of course, Move may be handled differently. When it has a bonus from skills, etc., it's displayed in blue rather than having a specific +#. It may be that this means it doesn't show up as green when capped like usual, and instead you just don't have the option to use Boots again.

Sadly, I missed the Boots on my HM and LM files, so I can't test it with them. I could get a second pair through Fame, but I'm only up to 11k on my NM file and the Boots require 50k. I've been accumulating it rather fast due to focusing on SpotPass battles, so I could see if I can get that high while grinding for supports...