"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my... answering this will really spoil the game. In what I can remember,

- Sumia, Callam, Vake, Sol, Soiree, Miriel, Mariabel, Richt, etc are because, well, they're part of the vigilante force (Krom's de facto private army).

- Viole's true intention of joining would be revealed when Serge joins, being that he comes from Warm, and his piece of land was invaded by the Warm empire.

- Velvet because the Taguels mad a vow to protect the Iris roals when they are in danger, because the first Holy King saved their race from humans.

- Gaia just offered himself, which Krom accepted. For some reasons, thieves in FE never had any problem working with royalty and nobility despite they are technically criminals.

- Tiamo was sent by Filaine (can't find the fanslation for her name in this website) to protect Krom, which turned out to be because Filaine knew the team following Emelina would all die.

- Nono because she was pursued by Perezian Gimle followers.

- Grego because he was hired by Perezia, but decided to defect from them.

- I don't know why Henry changed side, didn't feel bad for his old allies fall, but claim to care about Iris's side.

- Sariya because she finds Krom to be the first to believe shat she said.

- Libera, as a priest, was in his own way to save Emelina.

- Sairi was pursued by Warm's soldiers while diecovered by Krom's party (who were on their way to fight Warm anyway).

- Tiki did not join at first, but would later on in Gaiden 17. She didn't have the power to fight at first, and she had to take some time to gather power first.

- Basilio and Flavia were leading their own forces to fight Valhart. Basilio was gravely injured, but managed to stay alive and execute his plan with MU, which is to thwart Fauder's plan. After this, they no longer have their own task and join Krom's side.

SpotPass chapters:

- Gangrel and Valhart managed to stay alive, and Krom asked them to join because he wanted whatever force that could help to defeat Gimle.

- Emelina managed to not die, and she was about to be taken as a living sacrifice by Perezia when Krom's party found her.

- Renha is from the future, and he was visiting his own grave because corpse soldiers were there, and he needed the nearby villagers to give him food in exchange of expelling the corpses.

I don't know about Inverse; I haven't beaten her chapter yet. And obviously no Paris because I can't peek into 9 hours in the future.

Regarding Henry and Inverse:

From what I remember of Henry's recruitment conversation, he switched sides because he figured he'd get to kill more people by siding with Krom.

Inverse survived her battle and ended up at the Fountain of Truth for some reason; it allowed her to get back the memories Fauder had sealed away to trick her into helping him, learning that he was the one who killed her family rather than saving her from the ones who did. So she joins up with Krom to fight Gimle and undo Fauder's work.

Another DLC question. 8D Do we have an estimated arrival date for the final (final?) DLC chapter? I thought it was supposed to be today, given the rate at which Nintendo has been releasing things. >o<

Another DLC question. 8D Do we have an estimated arrival date for the final (final?) DLC chapter? I thought it was supposed to be today, given the rate at which Nintendo has been releasing things. >o<

I would assume that its actual release date will still be next Thursday/Wednesday, as with all the others (and, now I think about, every digital release Nintendo does). This isn't the first time a DLC package has been delayed in its announcement - apparently Elincia's was similarly delayed. The announcement should be up within a day.

Does Conqueror also prevent Griffon Knights/Dragonmasters' weakness to bows and wind magic ? And does Iote's shield also negate weapon effectiveness from wind magic ?

a) No. Conqueror protects only from the weaknesses of beast and armored classes; that said, since Griffon Knights are also classified as a beast class, it does have some relevance to them.

b) Yes. Iote's Shield protects from all the vulnerabilities of flyers, including wind magic.

What are the skills Star Lord Marth can learn? I know he learns Good Growth but that's all I know.

Star Lord doesn't have any skills associated with it. Marth just happens to have Good Growths and Charisma. Good Growths is actually the Villager's Lv.1 skill.

Star Lord doesn't have any skills associated with it. Marth just happens to have Good Growths and Charisma. Good Growths is actually the Villager's Lv.1 skill.

Well that's unfortunate, but as Othin said he does get access to all male classes. So I suppose it's something of a good tradeoff.

I just thought of something as I was checking if all promoted classes have both options from which they could have promoted as class sets (to explain why Paris has fighter option aside the Boyd parentage hint). This pattern seems to hold true for all promoted units except Emelina, who according to the site has the mage skills even though she doesn't have the mage reclass option. Is the site/game guide true on this and her reclass options/skills are correct?

I just thought of something as I was checking if all promoted classes have both options from which they could have promoted as class sets (to explain why Paris has fighter option aside the Boyd parentage hint). This pattern seems to hold true for all promoted units except Emelina, who according to the site has the mage skills even though she doesn't have the mage reclass option. Is the site/game guide true on this and her reclass options/skills are correct?

I don't think they automatically do; it's just that Frederick, Basilio, and Paris worked out that way.

And yes, Emelina indeed starts with Mage skills despite not having Mage access. I was really confused when I realized it and had to check it myself to verify, and it's true. But then, of the secret characters, only Gangrel and Renha don't have skills from outside their class sets.

Because Fighters can promote to Heroes...

Do allies that start as enemies get hard mode bonuses?

All allies above a certain base level get bonuses on HM and even larger ones on LM, depending on their level. Doesn't matter whether they start as enemies or as allies. However, children characters and SpotPass/DLC characters never get bonuses when recruited. SpotPass/DLC characters get bonuses as enemies, but not as allies.

Because Fighters can promote to Heroes...

Yeah, that's why I asked for Emelina.

I don't think they automatically do; it's just that Frederick, Basilio, and Paris worked out that way.

And yes, Emelina indeed starts with Mage skills despite not having Mage access. I was really confused when I realized it and had to check it myself to verify, and it's true. But then, of the secret characters, only Gangrel and Renha don't have skills from outside their class sets.

Yeah, you're right it just fits them, specially Frederick having the -knight options. On the spotpass, Conqueror and Dark Blessing are just special skills, and they wanted to make Paris have an uber skillset to not care about the Weapon Triangle while keeping mostly sword/axe oriented class options and not Mercenary-Dracoknight-Cavalier(or Knight) to have those skills. Emelina just seems a strange case, but maybe it is to set her apart from her younger sister Liz who has the same reclass options (Concentration's a good skill for a ruler).

I know someone has mentioned this weeks ago, but at that time only a few DLC were out (back when ST3 took the most space), so how much space do the DLC use in average on the 3DS/SD card?

Here's the thing: looking at all the playable non-secret characters, they all only have the skills they would get from leveling up in their current class series: nothing even from reclassing. So the fact that not only Valhart and Inverse but also Emelina and Paris had other skills is very notable and not something to simply dismiss. In Paris's case, even adding those classes as options wouldn't make him fit the regular patterns.

It's also worth noting that on the higher difficulties, Valhart adds a number of skills as a boss, all taken from other classes and most of them inaccessible to him. He loses those skills as a playable character. So to make Paris an exciting and unique boss, they didn't "need" to give him those extra skills while playable, but they did, because he's a special case. And apparently all four of them are.

Yea, they are. Although it makes me wonder about Inverse's case...

Is she taguel royalty or half-taguel? That could be a trait to share with the other Dark-blessed character Micaiah.

I don't think they were going for making them special as enemies, and more for Overpowered. The Overlord class doesn't have skills so they had to take them from somewhere else for his enemy self in harder difficulties to match up to everyone else having a bunch of skills. Paris and Emelina are special cases, yes, since for them it happens on all difficulties.

Is Dragon Buster effective against Dark Dragons ?

No. Separate classification.

Any character ages known yet?

Serge is implied to be over 25, which is absurd. More believably, Nono is about 1000, and Tiki is about 3000.