"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

I can buy Serge being over 25 but I can't imagine her agonizing over not being married, considering she's a maid and not necessarily royalty. I would have thought she's too busy serving Viole's marriage quest than worrying about herself.

I have a question. Does the difficulty of skirmishes depend on location of the map or by game progress? Or is it a combination of both?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone has mentioned this weeks ago, but at that time only a few DLC were out (back when ST3 took the most space), so how much space do the DLC use in average on the 3DS/SD card?

If I'm looking in the right place, if you have all the DLC downloaded, it should sit at around 58MB right now. No idea what the 100KB is for (probably storing account info since it's the oldest file), but it averages to about 4MB for each one.

I have a question. Does the difficulty of skirmishes depend on location of the map or by game progress? Or is it a combination of both?

It's determined by the location. Earlier locations are easier, while the ones that can end up on the Spotpass locations tend to have more enemies and a higher chance of seeing forged weapons.

I can buy Serge being over 25 but I can't imagine her agonizing over not being married, considering she's a maid and not necessarily royalty. I would have thought she's too busy serving Viole's marriage quest than worrying about herself.

Apparently it's some Japanese tradition.

Lunatic skirmishes depend on progress, and get really crazy really fast. They're basically meant to be unplayable.

If I'm looking in the right place, if you have all the DLC downloaded, it should sit at around 58MB right now. No idea what the 100KB is for (probably storing account info since it's the oldest file), but it averages to about 4MB for each one.

Thanks for the answer. It seems I won't need a big SD card then.

I know many people with the game here are against grinding or do much close to it, but are there many scenarios in the game (aside the DLC entombed/runaway gold-carrying bandits maps) where good ranged units are a necessity, or easy to train/take advantage of the situation? Counter seems like a tough skill to handle, and some strong weapons (even if double forged) are still 1 range. And in general, are longbows worth the sniper path and around which point can you obtain them first?

Regarding dual/double: If a solo unit is adjacent to a doubled pair (with no other units around) and attacks an enemy, will the solo unit get a 'dual buddy' from the doubled pair?

And if yes, would it be the "main" unit in the double pair, or would it simply depend on support level?

Thanks for the answer. It seems I won't need a big SD card then.

I know many people with the game here are against grinding or do much close to it, but are there many scenarios in the game (aside the DLC entombed/runaway gold-carrying bandits maps) where good ranged units are a necessity, or easy to train/take advantage of the situation? Counter seems like a tough skill to handle, and some strong weapons (even if double forged) are still 1 range. And in general, are longbows worth the sniper path and around which point can you obtain them first?

Magic is highly useful, but there isn't much use for bows.

Regarding dual/double: If a solo unit is adjacent to a doubled pair (with no other units around) and attacks an enemy, will the solo unit get a 'dual buddy' from the doubled pair?

And if yes, would it be the "main" unit in the double pair, or would it simply depend on support level?

The solo unit would get the field unit as a Dual buddy. The supporting unit always supports their own field unit, but they can't interact with anyone else.

question:

can lethality stack up with astra?

for example sairi doing astra and activates lethality on the 3rd hit?

No. The skills are rolled in order from least to most likely to activate, and you can only get one of them.

Since when was Eltshan a DLC character? I've never heard about this until I checked the main site.

Eltshan is available through the Infinite Divine Weapons DLC. Unique among DLC characters, he wasn't advertised and wasn't redesigned, but he also isn't available through SpotPass, either, so it's the only way to get him.

Does anyone happen to know how DLC distribution will work for the NA and EU versions? Will it all be translated and released at once since it'll technically be developed well before? Or will it follow the same trend as the Japanese game and release to us weekly/bi-weekly/monthly?

Edited by Xjezhekiir

We don't know. But I really doubt they'll release it all at once.

Self competition and overwhelming the customer are bad.

True enough. Guess it's just me being impatient and thinking wishfully since it's going to kill me to finally have the game, then have to wait some more for the DLC. Haha. Thanks!

Not really FE13-related in terms of gameplay or story, but I'd like to know...

[spoiler=Later chapter stuff]Moristia, the boss of Gaiden 11 (Jerome's chapter), wears some sholderpad connected to a helmet in a very unusual way, and he's not wearing that helmet in his protrait. Why is that purple connector thingy there, and who'd ever wear something like a forced combination of sholderpads and helmet?

for passing skills to children it is the last skill of your current selected skills you are using correct

ex parent Ais currently using luna,vantage,renwal,speed +2 and dark blessing and parent B has sol,luna and vantage

the two skills passed to the child would be dark blessing from parent A and vantage from parent B

2 does the child get its lv 10 skill when its born(im only asking this because i noticed they are all born at lv 10 according to the site)

Edited by spoon98

for passing skills to children it is the last skill of your current selected skills you are using correct

ex parent Ais currently using luna,vantage,renwal,speed +2 and dark blessing and parent B has sol,luna and vantage

the two skills passed to the child would be dark blessing from parent A and vantage from parent B

Correct.

2 does the child get its lv 10 skill when its born(im only asking this because i noticed they are all born at lv 10 according to the site)

Correct. You don't have to re-train them by reclassing them to their current class. Manaketes, Taguels, Villagers and other special classes get their second skill at level 15, so you may want to wait until then before you change their class.

Correct.

Correct. You don't have to re-train them by reclassing them to their current class. Manaketes, Taguels, Villagers and other special classes get their second skill at level 15, so you may want to wait until then before you change their class.

ok thanks because mark was also throwing me off but now ik

Hi, I am new to the forums and I am afraid I have some rather n00bish questions!

First off, can Valhart marry a feMU and can Inverse marry a male MU? If so, how can this happen (if my memory serves me correctky you can't get valhart until chapter 23)?

Also, what is a Ruin Sage? I read another topic about Mark being a ruin sage but I don't see Ruin Sage listed under classes. I appreciate your help.

You can gain supports in the skirmishes W/monsters. Thats how you get MU with inverse/Val. (and other Gaiden special characters)

'Ruin' refers to a dark tome. You are talking about that one topic on Gamefaqs, aren't you?

Marry MU with inverse and get a Mark with dark blessing(allows the useage of dark magic in any class that has a tome rank), reclass to sage so he's a dark magic using sage, and stack on a bunch of crit boosting skills and ruin (which is a tome that has like 50 crit, IIRC) for a build with lots of crit.

In other words, it's a build, not a class

Edited by L95

You can gain supports in the skirmishes W/monsters. Thats how you get MU with inverse/Val. (and other Gaiden special characters)

'Ruin' refers to a dark tome. You are talking about that one topic on Gamefaqs, aren't you?

Marry MU with inverse and get a Mark with dark blessing(allows the useage of dark magic in any class that has a tome rank), reclass to sage so he's a dark magic using sage, and stack on a bunch of crit boosting skills and ruin (which is a tome that has like 50 crit, IIRC) for a build with lots of crit.

In other words, it's a build, not a class

Great job clearing this up! Thanks for your help! This convinces me that I should consider builds, in addition to growths, classes, and pairings. Are any other builds pairing specific? And does anyone know where I could find a list of builds by class, as that seems more beneficial than builds by unit since I already have classes and pairings planned.

Edited by darkkfan

This may have been answered, but I want to be sure:

Can regular Awakening characters (i.e. MU, Liz, Frederick, etc...) Permanently die when fighting in a DLC exclusive stage or are they given any special treatment? (retreat)

IS MU's best stat choice kept with him or it depends depending on the files choice

EX i pick Str in one file i transfer this to another file where i picked res. Is his best still str or now res

From a quick glance, each MU's stat modifiers are kept if they're coming from your own cart. If referring to Streetpass MUs, all modifiers are removed. For your example, the transferred MU will still have STR as his best (along with whatever you picked as worst).

This may have been answered, but I want to be sure:

Can regular Awakening characters (i.e. MU, Liz, Frederick, etc...) Permanently die when fighting in a DLC exclusive stage or are they given any special treatment? (retreat)

They die (or "permanently retreat") when their HP reaches zero in any fight other than Dual Tag.

From a quick glance, each MU's stat modifiers are kept if they're coming from your own cart. If referring to Streetpass MUs, all modifiers are removed. For your example, the transferred MU will still have STR as his best (along with whatever you picked as worst).

Are you sure about this? I know the generated guest MUs don't have best/worst stats, but since the SpotPass/DLC characters do, I'd expect actual guest MUs from other cartridges would also be able to keep their modifiers.

Edited by Othin

You get a green light when you StreetPass, right? That's when I get the other MUs, and I only get them on Mondays because of where I have to go on Mondays. If they were randomly generated, I think I would have more than 3 by now...

To distinguish between auto-generated MUs and actual StreetPass MUs, look at their team name. If it reads "Ikai no Kishidan" (異界の騎士団), it's an automatically generated team. Otherwise, if it goes by the default name "Iris Kishidan" (イーリス騎士団) or any other name, it's an actual StreetPass team.

You can also look into the list of registered MUs. If they have pairing data (on the bottom screen when you view their cards), they're actual StreetPass MU. There's no way to prove otherwise, although if it uses one of the names in the internal MU name list (such a German number), it's likely to be an automatically generated MU.

Seeing how more complicated data like the marriage relationships and custom weapon names getting transferred, it would surprise me to know that best/worst stat modifiers aren't used in StreetPass. Also, IIRC, in a Taiwanese forum I go to, they've shown StreetPass'd teams before which do retain best/worst stats, both for the leader MU and any other MUs who also are in the team.

Edited by nocturnal YL