Super Smash Bros Universe Mafia

Kaoz

Ok, back from sleeping and beating Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Everyone turned the Marth wagon into a mountain from a molehill. I had said that he was probably pressure voting for information, and that's what he did.

I'm not wary of Excellen anymore, either, so this pretty much pits me back at square one in terms of reads.

...Well, I'd like to say that, but Shinori is playing very sloppily right now. Since I'm always beaten to the punch when I start catching onto some things I find strange, pretty much what Subieko said is what I'm talking about. This in particular:

Fine if you don't want to press him for the info that he 'supposedly' has, don't, and I won't either. ##Unvote I still don't like it. Let me get my thoughts together on other players and I'll place a different vote.

Pretty much, once the Marth wagon had cooled down and everyone was pointing fingers, accusing everyone that bandwagoned/echoed to be maf, a few people started saying that it was probably nothing. I'm sorry, but Marth plays a really shitty game in the beginning. He'll say something moronic and then everyone thinks it's scummy (myself included), and then he flips town and everyone else flips shit.

I understand why it's pertinent to go after anyone you think is scummy, especially if you think that you have a clear read on D1, since we want to get rid of the maf before the maf gets rid of us. However, when people started to calm down, you still went after Marth. You then started flip-flopping because nobody else was going after Marth. You were saying that he had secret info, but you read what he said wrong. To my knowledge, he didn't even imply that he had info.

Then you went after Kay after barely any provocation, and now it seems like you're sweating bullets. Why do you want everyone's opinions on you?

##Vote: Shinori.

It's pretty clear at this point why I'm voting for you, I hope.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull this in any game that I host and you'll be getting a scathing postgame, at minimum. Your job is not to make yourself look so bad that I have to second-guess everything. I'm really not happy with Excellen's vote, or his response to my vote, so my vote stays. If someone feels like conducting a Prims-style investigation on Marth, I won't mind.

Even though I said it in the post where I also voted for marth, I'll just repeat it because you're apparently taking it seriously. Marth voted for blitz and then refused to give reasons when pressured for it. This meant he had information which he didn't want us to have. So why shouldn't I pressure him for a reaction and/or this piece of information?

also now I'm on the topic of Marth;

Marth, you might fool others but you won't fool me. Your supposed "reaction test" served no purpose at all, which makes you not town in my book. And to make it worse for you, the post in which you claimed it was a reaction test, you A)posted in an unnatural way for you, highly mechanical. AKA like you posted something someone told you to post B) you didn't explain what kind of reactions you'd expect and what you would find scummy about it C) You didn't give us the results of your reaction test. this would have been acceptable under different circumstances, however considering yours you should have done at least that, had you been town.

My vote on you is staying right where it is.

Kay

You defended Marth pretty hard and seemed 100% convinced that what he was doing was a reaction test. Despite the fact that you were correct, what inspired such certainty in you? If Marth flips scum, it won't reflect well on you. You managed to twist Strawman's "hey guys I'm here, not lurking" post into "hey guys don't hold me accountable for what I say" and I have no idea how. I don't understand how you got that idea about Eclipse. You think Subieko looks town - why?

It just seemed extremely likely. This is Marth, remember, he always looks scummy. And doing that makes sense, IMO. He pulled it off badly, but the idea wasn't terrible. Yeah, I'm aware of that. Not stating my opinions because they might make me look scummy later on wouldn't be very pro-town, would it? It wasn't the lurking, it was the random.org voting. It looked like it was just a way to not be responsible for his vote, in case Psych ended up flipping town. Eclipse took forever to say much besides to not talk about stages, and that's not really normal for her. Subi's posts are pretty good and I don't think she's done anything to not look town.

##Vote: Psych

Get in here and say something without acting drunk already.

##Unvote for now. Next on my list was SB, so: ##Vote: SB for stuff I said earlier (ie; jumping to conclusions far too quickly).

I guess you're right that I'm jumping to conclusions too quickly. I suppose I just looked too far into that one post with little knowledge on how Flint plays, so I guess this vote is meaningless.

##Unvote

I'd prefer if Bananas would get in here and explain why the HELL numbers are so damn important when the game's less than 24 hours in, but this vote seems opportunistic.

It's more of trying to get an idea of what to expect, mostly due to lack of experience. I'll keep the square root thing in mind for future games though.

First thing you did was bring up numbers, that isn't a good start. You posted a huge quote wall without much of use past "blitz might be trying to set up a mislynch" and an order of suspicions. You then proceeded to get caught up explaining why you don't like Marth, and seemed scared of voting, then you... voted Blitz because you were told to. Don't vote because you're told to. What, exactly, do you have on Blitz? If it's flimsy, maybe you really have no business voting him and you should reconsider where your vote is. You smell of scum trying to avoid being at odds with anybody.

Yep, I'm off to a bad start. Part of the reason for my quote dump was for me to try and gather my thoughts. About the Blitz thing I was going to leave and leaving in the middle of an argument was hardly the best idea, so I conceded. I looked into Blitz probably too much, yeah. And maybe a bit late too.

As for the last sentence, I don't think there's a point in getting on people's bad sides with no rewards coming out of it, even if I have unintentionally done it so far.

First off quick reply to naglfar, I unvoted marth because it was going nowhere. I felt he was possibly scummy but I just wanted an answer from him, I wasn't trying to push a lynch, which is what everyone seems to keep saying and it is fucking annoying. I'm not jumpy and I'm not defensive I'm pissed off because no one seems to understand jack shit about the situation. I wanted a question answered that was long since overdue, but since it was getting nowhere and people were starting to bitch at me for having my vote on him, a few people in specific said they were suspicious of me for being the final vote on him, not over me being jumpy at all nagl. I didn't feel like dealing with the stupidity of getting pointless accusations focused at me for trying to get a simple quesiton answered. Also people were yelling at me for not contributing, cough blitz cough, so I decided to contribute and try to get a reaction from someone else that I found scummy aka Kay, who I did vote for and i did put out substantial reasoning for why I voted her. Yet no one has said anything about that? I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts on Kay and the conversation me and her had last night.

Also no I didn't put any attention towards any of the three of you because Eclipse was already drilling you guys for information on why you guys voted Marth and I felt no reason to do that, thus I went after someone who needed to talk and also defended marth and also yelled at me for having no opinions when she herself had no opinions.

2. Every user has a Role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on D1, but starting N1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

Linking my role pm as soon as night hits assuming you assholes don't lynch me but I'm claiming now.

I'm Shadow, the most amazing sonic character ever.

And also I can redirect one persons action to target someone else, regardless of their original target.

So I make Player A target player B instead of their preferred target of player C.

Now get your votes off of me and do something more productive, I'm willing to bet one of the people who just dropped a vote on me was scum in hopes of slowly getting a wagon started on me, but for the sake of not OMGUS'ing I won't touch them for now.

Pretty much, once the Marth wagon had cooled down and everyone was pointing fingers, accusing everyone that bandwagoned/echoed to be maf, a few people started saying that it was probably nothing. I'm sorry, but Marth plays a really shitty game in the beginning. He'll say something moronic and then everyone thinks it's scummy (myself included), and then he flips town and everyone else flips shit.

I understand why it's pertinent to go after anyone you think is scummy, especially if you think that you have a clear read on D1, since we want to get rid of the maf before the maf gets rid of us. However, when people started to calm down, you still went after Marth. You then started flip-flopping because nobody else was going after Marth. You were saying that he had secret info, but you read what he said wrong. To my knowledge, he didn't even imply that he had info.

Then you went after Kay after barely any provocation, and now it seems like you're sweating bullets. Why do you want everyone's opinions on you?

##Vote: Shinori.

It's pretty clear at this point why I'm voting for you, I hope.

I DIDNT GO AFTER MARTH IN AN ATTEMPT TO LYNCH HIM I WANTED A QUESTION ANSWERED. And I went after Kay for the specific reason of her not doing anything, five meaningless posts with no opinions while defending marth and also telling someone else to post their opinions seems like scumtell to me. Where she doesn't really want to help the town but look like she's here.

It's pretty clear why I'm getting annoyed now I hope.

He's presenting his vote on Marth as primarily a press for info, but in responding to me, he talked about how Marth could be scum. This feels contradictory--in some posts Shinori says his issue with Marth is info-hiding, in others he says Marth is scummy. His reasoning for voting Marth in the first place seems flimsy; although Shinori keeps insisting Marth said he had secret info, he never actually said that. And then he switched to Kay and started tunneling on her, over the fact that she was slightly suspicious of him and hadn't posted much yet. This seems like another flimsy vote, and OMGUS as well. And in his two replies to Eclipse, he seems worried about what people think of him, even saying he wants everyone to post their thoughts of him. Being overly worried about whether people are suspecting you is slightly scummy to me, particularly when combined with his bad reasoning against Marth and OMGUS on Kay.

I still want Helios to get back and post more than one post, but Shinori is more suspicious to me right now. ##Unvote, ##Vote: Shinori. Do you think Marth is scum, or not? If not, why did you talk so much about how he could be scum? If yes, why did you move your vote off him and on to Kay? And what are your thoughts on people other than Marth and Kay?

I didn't OMGUS Kay. She hadn't even done anything towards me or said anything about me sounding scummy what the fuck are you getting on about?

Also I don't know what the fuck marth is, he's playing like he normally does where he acts scummy and does stupid stuff, like i said i wanted an answer to a question which i got.

WRT the second bolded part it sounds as if you thought I was pressing marth for a lynch as well. Yet you even stated that you had remembered me saying it was for info. I moved my vote off of him because it was worthless and not going anywhere and I found a better target in my eyes.

Also sorry for triple posting, now I have to go out for a bit but ill be able to check back periodically from a phone.

Well I was about to say I thought the Shinori wagon looked a bit iffy and possibly opportunistic since he was the last to vote Marth but that his reactions have been a bit too over reactive. However, I know for myself i tend to over react more as town and not as mafia so unless they're being ridiculous and just trying to make people angry getting defensive when a ton of people suddenly get on you can look townish to me. And really, I don't really disagree with his Kay vote. Plus it started to look like people were finding shinori suspicious and voting him just because most people were finding him suspicious and voting for him. Some of the votes don't really seem like they have their own opinion behind them or that they're just nitpicking at everything he's done and turning it al into something bad and vote worthy. Granted, I still find it weird he assumed Marth had some secret information he knew about Blitz that he wasn't sharing, but eh.

Oh hey, and apparently he just claimed. Yay, more to discuss.

Should we believe it?

I think I'll take it like it is. As in sure, I'll go ahead and assume hes telling the truth. It may have been a bit hasty of a claim since iirc we still have a ton of time left in the phase(don't we?) and he wasn't really close enough to the amount required for hammer, but it looks to me mostly like a case of being frustrated for being misunderstood so he wanted to do something big to clear it up and get people off him.

Anyways, on the subject of Kay I found it interesting how she said there hadn't been much to discuss. Especially considering there has been discussion on stages, discussion on the discussion of sages, discussion on RVS, discussion on Blits, discussion on Marth, discussion on Excellen, discussion on Subieko, discussion on Shinori, discussion on Eclipse, brief discussion on numbers, discussion on Bananas, and probably other things that I'm missing. Also this thread has been quite active for the most part. And you admit that you only really have opinions on two people which by now there should be a good list of players that strong opinions should have been able to have formed about(oh god terrible wording here sorry). It seems to me like you aren't putting effort into other areas of discussion, and I wonder why.

##Vote:San

First off, you guys realize you can check my profile for when I was online last and I just logged in about 30 minutes ago?

Second of all, I've read the rest of the thread and it's a bunch of walls of text and bullshit.

##Vote BBM

He's who I'm liking least at the moment.

He seems to be trying to distance himself from the whole hullabaloo that happened a few pages back, as well as from a certain perspective I could see being bussing a teammate.

Before you guys all wanted his head on a platter in SF, this seems to be the way we was playing as well.

So yeah, he's appearing very townie but trying to dissolve the arguement back there, but I think there's more to it than that.

Shinori, in my past experience of playing mafia games, flying off the handle when you get some votes sometimes makes you look even worse than whatever it was you did to get those votes in the first place.

I am going to take your claim at face value.

##Unvote

This leaves me with very few places to turn now. Kay isn't talking much, even though there's plenty to talk about, and Psych just came out of the blue with a random-ass vote so I'm looking at these two right now.

Psych, your reasons for voting for BBM?

Psych, stop being a ninja.

I don't think that what he was doing was really suspicious, because a mountain was made out of a molehill, and people that got really into it got accused pretty harshly. That's what I think, anyway. Is there anything else you're reading off of BBM?

Votals

[1] Subieko - Iris

[0] Naglfar - eclipse, Blitz

[0] Iris - Subieko

[2] San - Shinori, Strawman

[0] Helios - Subieko, Psych

[1] SeriousBananas - Manix, Subieko

[0] eclipse - Bluedoom, Strawman

[0] Cap'n Flint - Naglfar, Bluedoom, Serious Bananas

[1] BigBangMeteor - Psych, Manix

[1] Psych - San, Blitz, Subieko, StSS

[4] Shinori - Proto, Blitz, Naglfar, Subieko, Folgore Pink

[1] Daigoji Excellen - eclipse, Psych, Blitz, Manix

[0] Elieson - eclipse

[0] Manix - Psych, Excellen, eclipse

[2] Bluedoom - Elieson, Excellen, Manix, Shinori, Naglfar

Not voting - Bizz, Folgore Pink, BBM, Helios, Bluedoom, Serious Bananas

If I listed something wrong, please let me know.

Day ends in 33 hours, 13 minutes. Remember to choose a stage for the night in your Role PMs.

I'm Shadow, the most amazing sonic character ever.

And also I can redirect one persons action to target someone else, regardless of their original target.

So I make Player A target player B instead of their preferred target of player C.

wut

you do realize that this makes you a prime target for the mafia now

because you know, redirecting the kill and all is useful

but anyway

Guys, slow down with the Shinori business. Why is he getting flak for the voting to have a question answered when I did it too? Why aren't you going after me in the same way? Heck, Nags even did it, and why is he getting a free pass? I hate double standards...

The Marth wagon I wasn't that suspicious of, but this Shinori wagon is worse. Something is not right.

The only reason I was fine with claiming is because it means I would have to guess the right mafia target. Also if mafia want to focus on me and do that shit so early on then they miss out on some other more useful role. My ability is similiar to a town roleblocker, just in certain circumstances could end up better or worse.

Later on it is most defintely yes. However at the moment it's not as good. It's similiar to town roleblocker. However I'd rather stop the wagon early and have us look at either Kay or the people currently voting for me, because I would assume that easily one of the people that was trying to lynch me originally is scum, possibly two.

okay I'm being useless sorry

I don't want to meta even more but I also think that Psych is just being Psych

I'm catching up on the thread more now but I was kidding when I said I really appreciated Excellen's attitude this game, holy shit

omg you guys post so much it took forever to catch up

Subieko is totally scum and I think we should definitely lynch her. (Food for thought); reasons are similar to what I stated in my first post about her. I'm just getting tons of scumtells. I guess there's some interest for lynching her, but I can consolidate on another lynch if there's not enough interest (reading through it appears most of you guys have a neutral view on her). I was definitely serious when asking for other people's opinions on her, and I'm thankful for the responses I got, but not all of you replied. ):

A lot of my other opinions (but still there!) are foggy and affected, since I've been so preoccupied in thinking Subieko is scum, since SB and some other people will appear more town if she flips scum. Like I thought Shinori was suspicious for a while, especially since his Marth vote was just bad, but then rereading, not as much. I'm not really sure why Shinori claimed though, since I didn't think the wagon on him was that significant at four votes, but whatever.

I normally actually dislike list posts, but what Nagflar did wasn't really one. Nice touch. c:

Oh yeah, I also sorta encouraged votes on me. It takes good amount of thinking to get a super-huge wagon on me without being suspicious, so there's a chance we can catch mafia.

Eh, again, pointing out that sometimes mafia avoids voting for the huge wagon, you know. So it's kind of unclear. But not all mafia is that pro, though. Hm.