Rate the Unit: Day 63 - Oliver

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

LYRE!: 0.32

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Pelleas: 1.85

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Sanaki: 3.03

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Stefan: 3.14

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Sigrun: 4.71

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Heather: 5.29

Skrimir: 5.45

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Tanith: 6.36

Micaiah: 6.50

Tibarn: 6.59

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Naesala: 7.34

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Janaff: 8.28

Ulki: 8.32

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Reyson: 9.07

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Lolivar is the most beautifull unit in the game, unfortunately his looks can't hide the fact that he's horribe. The worst class for endgame and his bases stink too. Micky alone make's him pretty useless, but he's awfull even if she wasn't there.

1+1 bias point for his personality and his two awesome theme songs.

Staff utility in the endgame is pretty much his only purpose. Fortunately, that's still better than a few other dudes. He's obsoleted by Micaiah and Elincia in that regard, but it's still a role he can play.

2 + 1 = 3/10 - I find him better than Pelleas due to having higher magic for healing, which is really what both of them are going to be used for. Bias comes from pretty much everything involving Oliver.

Staff utility in the endgame is pretty much his only purpose. Fortunately, that's still better than a few other dudes. He's obsoleted by Micaiah and Elincia in that regard, but it's still a role he can play.

2 + 1 = 3/10 - I find him better than Pelleas due to having higher magic for healing, which is really what both of them are going to be used for. Bias comes from pretty much everything involving Oliver.

I'll use this as my vote, bias included.

I got nothing to say because I never used him

0\10

You've been doing this quite a bit ... you really shouldn't be voting for characters that you've never used and can't rate properly, and you should give evidence other than your own personal experience when you rate characters.

*snickers*

*chortles*

*covers mouth*

*full on guffaws*

Bwaahahahahahhahhahahahahah...

Oh right..character rating....teeheee...

Oliver...the...fhhahahahhaa...

Pros:

emot-haw.gif

emot-roflolmao.gif

Can use a staff i guess? fhjsdfhahahaha

Cons:

emot-dogout.gif

Worthless...lololol

Utterly...ahahhhahaha

Ahem.

Imma contain my laughter to try to rate...pfffhahahaee Oliver.

So he joins when...lol...Rafiel trapieses onto the battlefield in Oliver's range. Thats pretty hilarious in and of itself. He says and i quote "Come to daddy!" emot-stare.gif So the player and Ike are going "lol did that just happen?" Ike is :facepalm: ing but the player might be all "hey cool!" So they take a look at Oliver and go "lol you got to be kidding." He has some mildly assy bases, a silly class, and is far too late in the game to do much of anything. Since Saints really arent a great class in this game, its not worth it, unless you wanna use him for the lulz factor. What Oliver can do is use a staff. Hes got decent ranks there and he can be a staffbot. But WHY? Especially when you have Micaiah whos forced in Endgame and Elincia whos mobile?

In short, hes a gag character and a rather bad one at that.

1/10.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Oliver comes with A rank staves and S rank Light Magic, he'll heal your characters to full health while smacking the enemy with a Staff and wielding rare and beautiful tomes befitting him such as Nosferatu and Valaura from base. Why use losers like Rhys, Micaiah and Laura in part 4 when you can use Oliver?

You can't improve on perfection.

3/10

Edited by arvilino

High light rank and staff rank, and staves are good. Better than Pelleas and all the other scrubs who somehow got >1 as their score. But he's a PITA to recruit so meh. :/

Worth it though.

1.5/10 + 1 bias for BEAUTY.

2.5/10

So much beauty 10000000/10

In all actuality he sucks--not gonna be doubling, ever. His use is staff utility and being a backup-backup-backup magic user. He uses status and healing staves well.

+1 Boas because he's Oliver, and you can't clock him for that shit.

2.25/10

The most beautiful character in the series better than faggots like Tibarn

inb4 Starwave's rage.

Anyway, 1/10, +.5 bias for being awesome. Has nice staff utility for endgame. 1.5/10.

(shrugs)

We have enough healers as is (forced Micaiah and Elincia) and he's a weak combat unit. Not completely terrible, (better than Pelleas at least) but I wouldn't use him ever in a serious AND non serious playthrough. Never saw the appeal to him in FE10 tbh, but he was amazing in FE9 (So damn funny.)

2/10

He's a fat, self-obsessed, single-minded, I-wouldn't-be-surprised-if-he-were-illiterate blob. All that comes for -1 bias. Statistically, strength says he can carry really heavy books, mage defense and HP,decent resistance and magic, but beyond slow and innacurate. He'll only end up good if you're willing to use him over your other options, and he should only coudn't as a staffbot because he shouldn't fight. He's another endgame filler, but not as good as Stefan in the slightest, and with similar availability. 1/10

Edited by I don't play for turns