Rate the Unit: Day 67 - Kurthnaga

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

LYRE!: 0.32

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Pelleas: 1.85

The Firefighter: 1.98

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

William Shakespeare: 2.42

Leonardo: 2.53

Sanaki: 3.03

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Stefan: 3.14

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Renning: 4.06

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Sigrun: 4.71

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Heather: 5.29

Skrimir: 5.45

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Tanith: 6.36

Micaiah: 6.50

Tibarn: 6.59

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Naesala: 7.34

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Janaff: 8.28

Ulki: 8.32

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Reyson: 9.07

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Oliver: 384618.6

Edited by Lucina

:awesome: at how many people Renning beat.

Anyway, Kurth, oh Kurth. Why couldn't you have joined in 1-3? You would have been so broken. Alas, he joins in the last chapter in the game with the stats of a unit from mid part 3. And to make things worse, he doesn't get a particularly useful skill, unlike the other dragons. He's fun to raise, if you want, but he's pretty bad. 1/10

WHY CAN'T YOU HAVE BASES LIKE THE OTHER ROYALS!!!!

WHY CAN'T YOU COME AT A HIGHER LEVEL!!!

WHY DO YOUR GROWTHS SUCK!!

WHY CAN'T YOU COME WITH SOME USEFUL SKILL!

WHY ARE YOU FORCED!!!!!

0.5/10 - 0.5 points for being kinda good in 4-E-3

Good in part 3 of Endgame. Poop against Ashera, Disciples of Order, and the spirits. If I had 1 person to take away from endgame..... well it wouldn't be him, because of all of the other awful people you have to bring to endgame, but he's on the list. 1.5+1 because he's a dragon-1 for being annoying, so still 1.5/10 useful for 1 chapter and forced for endgame.

Kurthnaga, Prince of Goldoa.

Pros:

BIG DRAGON!

Good attack.

Night Tide.

Gets Formshift.

Cons:

Meh bases.

Low base level.

Gets Formshift a little late.

Poor Kurthnaga. While his father was calling the banners for Goldoa on the side of Ashera, Kurth came to Daein's aid. Like a dumbass. Oh well. At least he didnt wind up like his brother.

Hes the only black dragon (DROGON!!!) to join your cause. Hes big, scary, got some massive attack, Night Tide, and looks really cool. Player is probably going "AWWW YEE" at this point but again, we take a look at his bases. They...are not great. Hes very slow, and just cant do much except huge chip damage. Doubling isnt his thing. While he gets Formshift eventually, its a bit later than we would have liked. D: Kurth's base level is also not a fun time. Hes like level 20 if i recall. Thats ten levels before Signing. (and Ire isnt that great anyway...) So if one is gonna use him, he needs like BEXP and/or Paragon. Dragon gauges are the slowest of all the laguz gauges if i recall. So Kurth is hanging out Night Tiding people before he can murder for the first three parts of Endgame. The upside is, that he stays shifted longer. But like..yeah. At base level, hes not very good.

1.5/10. 2/10 bias because i kinda like the kid. and for being Soren's uncle.

He was better in part 1 as a guy who could stand in a bush and distract an archer.

0.5/10

We all know this to be true, but I wasn't expecting anyone to bring it up.

0.5/10

He sucks even in 4-E-3 unless you spend 100s of turns there and even then he sucks for wasting precious minutes of your life on something that won't matter anyway. Sure, you can do that, but what I don't understand is why you would do that. Yeah, he can take dragonfoe, yeah, he won't get attacked, but I don't get why you'd lollygag around in that chapter killing things with him when you can easily clear the chapter in 1, 2, 3, etc. turns. also why would you waste BEXP on him

I don't even deploy him in endgame, there's nothing he can do to actually contribute. Ena has blood tide, at least. +.5 bias for tanking the world in 1-3, the only chapter in the game where he's actually useful.

0.5/10

He sucks even in 4-E-3 unless you spend 100s of turns there and even then he sucks for wasting precious minutes of your life on something that won't matter anyway. Sure, you can do that, but what I don't understand is why you would do that. Yeah, he can take dragonfoe, yeah, he won't get attacked, but I don't get why you'd lollygag around in that chapter killing things with him when you can easily clear the chapter in 1, 2, 3, etc. turns. also why would you waste BEXP on him

I don't even deploy him in endgame, there's nothing he can do to actually contribute. Ena has blood tide, at least. +.5 bias for tanking the world in 1-3, the only chapter in the game where he's actually useful.

WHY ARE YOU FORCED!!!!!

This

WHY ARE YOU FORCED!!!!!

And shouldn't this be day 67?

If you actually try to level him up he is beast, with huge attack power and good stats all round.

Problem is he starts awful and comes FAR to late.

1.5/10. he could of been much higher if he joined just a few chapters earlier or the end of part 3

WHY ARE YOU FORCED!!!!!

Crap bases, low exp gain when transformed and still not that great even when you train him. Night tide is sort of nice I guess.

2/10

Btw how did Renning get so high? I like him, but he only joins in endgame and while his stats are not bad, they aren't amazing either. His horse would be nice, but since endgame is indoors so he won't gain that much from it.

Btw how did Renning get so high? I like him, but he only joins in endgame and while his stats are not bad, they aren't amazing either. His horse would be nice, but since endgame is indoors so he won't gain that much from it.

Tower doesn't reduce mountie move, so he's got the full advantage of that. Otherwise, he's 1-2 speed from doubling everything in 4-E-1, has hammers for 4-E-1, wyrmslayers for 4-E-3, and brave axe (which allows him to 2HKO weaker spirits at base). Plus a lot of bias.

Awesome with bexp. 8/10

I doubt this is going to be counted.

Oh, as for my vote:

WHY ARE YOU FORCED!!!!!

Edited by ZM456