Rate the Unit: Day 73 - Lehran

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)/b

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

LYRE!: 0.32

Degh. Jr: 0.86

Gareth: 0.86

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Pelleas: 1.85

The Firefighter: 1.98

Ena: 1.98

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

William Shakespeare: 2.42

Leonardo: 2.53

Sanaki: 3.03

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Stefan: 3.14

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Nasir: 3.55

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Renning: 4.06

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Sigrun: 4.71

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Scar: 5.03

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Mufasa: 5.20

Heather: 5.29

Skrimir: 5.45

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Tanith: 6.36

Micaiah: 6.50

Tibarn: 6.59

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Naesala: 7.34

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Janaff: 8.28

Ulki: 8.32

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Reyson: 9.07

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Oliver: 384618.6

Lehran, Sephiran. That hot dude who serves as prime minister to Begnion and is basically chessmastering everything.

Pros:

Dem stats.

Dem weapon ranks.

Dem Lehran.

Mantle.

Yes.

Cons:

Does not come with blessed weapon.

Shows up for literally only one fight.

Can be a bear to recruit.

Lehran is cool but a sort of last minute nuke. Sorta. Hes got some MAD stats, can use like almost all magic types and SS'd all of them, has Mantle which is autoNihil and refills his HP and junk, comes with a pretty cool staff and is damn nice to look at. Sadly, if you want to actually use him as an offensive, someone has to sacrifice one of their blessed tomes in order for that to happen. He doesnt come with his own weapon. Plus he only shows up for the final bout. If your team is super awesome, he may not even be being used other than maybe a staffbot. His recruitment can really make a player go "wtf."

One: Second Playthrough required.

Two: Fielding BK in 1-E.

Three: Fighting BK with Ike in 3-7 and both survive.

Some people arent arsed. I like getting him however because i like him. Hes not necessary to get however and his usefulness may be limited to non-existent.

2/10. 3/10 bias because i really love him.

Lehran brings a good staff, but thats pretty much it. He can use Micky's or perhaps even Pelleas' weapon to good effect, but he isn't that much better then those two with them. I guess he can spam the Ashera staff for 3 turns since its the only place where it can be used.

1.5/10

Horrible pain in the ass to recruit, but at least he can a) staff spam and b) stay alive unlike some other endgame units I'm not going to mention. If you give him rexaura or balberith if you brought pelleas, he can double the auras and do some decent damage to them too. Biggest problems is he's there for a whopping 1/5th of a chapter the entire game, that's just awful. At least Nasir has great, nasir-specific utility, Lehran doesn't bring anything new to the table. Decent while he's there, which is almost non-existant.

1/10 because he's at least better than Gareth and Lyre.

Amazing stats, not-amazing availability. Whereas other Gotoh archetypes can pull off amazing feats against the endgame boss, Lehran doesn't have some great ability that nukes the endgame boss beyond having really shiny green bases, a Nihil effect, and regenerating HP. He doesn't even come with a weapon so you have to spend time trading him one if you want him to do anything but spam the Ashera staff. He's an extra body on the floor if you fulfil the insane requirements to recruit him, basically. I can't hold his recruitment requirements against him, but... cripes. He should have functioned as a second heron so you could have an unlimited player phase

1/10 Still better than Lyre

Chances are you won't even have a tome to give him that will let him do anything useful. He's relegated to staffing in one fifth of one chapter, aka less than Gareth. 0.5/10

This

Can help bust auras with the mighty Rexaura! 10/10

No, sorry, as much as I like Lehran, he only exists for 1 chapter and his contribution is doubtful. 1/10 +1 bias (2/10)

1/10. Very hard to recruit (it's almost to the point where he's not worth the trouble IMO, but that's neither here nor there), and only available for one part of one chapter (not to mention his contributions are doubtful).

Edited by Golden Cucco

Ike

Beyond just Empress Sanaki, you were trusted by a lot of people. Sephiran, I need to understand... Did you really betray all of those people?

Sephiran

I did.

Ike

I don't need to hear anything else, then. I'm going to make your death as painful as I know how.

---

A unit with the most unfortunate circumstances I can think of (usable in the very last skirmish of the game) and requires someone to lend their enchanted tome to him. A complete and utter failure as a unit and as character in general.

0.5/10 - 0.5

0/10

Edited by Starwave