(Serenes Forest Mafia) General Discussion

Psych

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair 14p is not easy to balance (like i know i go on about 10/3/1 being balanced but it's swingy and slightly scumsided)

13p has 10/3 and 15p has 11/4 or 11/3/1, which are a lot better

Hey can someone tell manix that my internet died and that's why I haven't said anything on skype

Or maybe he'll see this first

Tbh I feel like the " Three strikes and you're out!" regardless of the number of players is cool.

I mean I guess 18+ games can have four mislynches instead but I hate the idea of allowing town more mislynches because it usually ends up in fucking over scum because have a number disadvantage Is A Big Deal.

well it's more like "three strikes and you're in LYLO", two mislynches before LYLO is too few unless you got a vig or something

i feel more mislynches are justified in larger games because there are more mislynch targets to hide behind. this doesn't work if town has role clears out the ass, but yeah

man with fftf getting their interview threads now would probably be a good time to start on The Well if people are still interested, huh

also thinking about hosting an OC game now that it's a separate queue from NOC

more things for prims to commit to then feel bad when too lazy to finish itt. I guess if I keep starting and pushing myself I'll eventually get good at this motivation thing.

does sf like multifaction enough to get around 14 players? I'm thinking of trying to create an OC multifaction game based on a ~theme~. Is it in general even recommended for a newbie host to host an OC ffa game?

Well 14 people is kind of weird numbers for multifaction because you normally want equal numbers in each faction? Not that unequal faction numbers hasn't been done before, but it's more difficult to balance. You could probably add a few ITPs and make it 3/3/3/3/1/1 but eh

As for getting enough players, don't know. The last multifaction game never got filled, but it was NOC and also by someone who had a shaky reputation, so difficult to gauge.

man with fftf getting their interview threads now would probably be a good time to start on The Well if people are still interested, huh

I still think this would be worth doing probably.

People on another forum thinking I'm good at the game due to playing a handful here:

One reason I chose not to give my reasons when voting for Makaze is for one thing, I've dealt with him in the past and when it comes to talking to Makaze he will find a way to prove you wrong even if you are right. This of all things I find to be quite irritating (no offense man, some people just don't mix) so I tend to avoid the subject all together. I agree with what people have been saying about him and I have found his ways of "pulling the strings" suspicious from the start. And tbh even if he is town we will at the very least be able to go back to playing Mafia, not Mafia ft. the overlord Makaze.

The only thing that's giving me pause is the fact that this whole situation has placed Makaze in the position of total and ultimate power. We all came to the general consensus that we wanted to vote out The Fuk? on account of inactivity, and Makaze orchestrated this scenario, setting himself up to be the only real voice, undermining the decision of the group to leave the choice up to one individual: himself. And we all, myself included, let him. If that's not sheeping, I don't know what is.

Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant plan, and I really really hope it pans out. Do you know how great it would be to bag a Mafioso on the first day!?! That like, never happens!!! But even if it works, the fact of the matter is Makaze controls us all.

photo-3237.png?_r=1416342492

The Well was a series of threads on smogon where the members would vote for a popular user to interview, then that user would post a personal introduction and take questions for a week. There was some flavor text behind it all but it was kind of silly. I proposed doing it in the mafia forum a while ago but never got around to it and forgot about it until I saw the Bal interview in FFTF.

If people like this idea, I suggest they post a top 3 of people they'd like to be interviewed first, and if there's enough interest and the most popular choice is willing I'll see what I can do.

(Although, having potential overlap with the FFTF interviews could be a problem, but I imagine this being more mafia-themed, though obviously people are free to ask personal questions and talk about themself.)

Edited by Prims

The Well was a series of threads on smogon where the members would vote for a popular user to interview, then that user would post a personal introduction and take questions for a week. There was some flavor text behind it all but it was kind of silly. I proposed doing it in the mafia forum a while ago but never got around to it and forgot about it until I saw the Bal interview in FFTF.

If people like this idea, I suggest they post a top 3 of people they'd like to be interviewed first, and if there's enough interest and the most popular choice is willing I'll see what I can do.

(Although, having potential overlap with the FFTF interviews could be a problem, but I imagine this being more mafia-themed, though obviously people are free to ask personal questions and talk about themself.)

If you think there is demand for a Mafia version, that's perfectly fine. There is a lot of divide between Mafia and general FftF communities anyway.