(Serenes Forest Mafia) General Discussion

Psych

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking for multiple subs at this rate for thousand nights mafia pm if you wanna sub.

Edited by Randa

• 2 weeks later...

im mad that mafia is going to load slow for a week due to all the traffic from FE14

we should have a FE14 set-up competition like we did with FE13. i'd enter a set-up with a bomb cop, mafia silencer and 2 survivors, except that would be too well-designed to be a set-up representing FE14.

there are lots of good things to happen to Japanese Video Games in 2015. rhythm tengoku: the best + came out. Chrono Diver -Pendulums-, Reflux and Flashes got added to IIDX Pendual. these are some very good things. FE14 coming out is not a good thing at all and all discussion of it should be purged ASAP

FE14 is like the Cowbell's Play In AM/PM of Fire Emblem games, except with more implied anime sex. i hate the fact that randa put a lyncher in his mafia set-up, but if the lynch target had been Yusuke Kozaki, in real life, i wouldn't have even cared

when intelligent systems decided to put a weapon named "Killing Edge" in their gay strategy rpg video game, they were actually predicting the direction they'd take the series for FE14

fuck fire emblem fates

why are all of the good things coming out of japan rhythm games

WELL. . .

SMTxFE is centered around music. Hence why SMTxFE is a good game. :P:

/shittylogic

WELL. . .

SMTxFE is centered around music. Hence why SMTxFE is a good game. :P:

/shittylogic

Remember that time that FE was good? Yea, those were the days

*shot

I'd be up for a FE14 Submittion

so, guys, I FINALLY got a skype account

the name is flashranite

please help me out by adding me to all the cool stuff that I have been missing and thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Question for everyone: what kind of skills do you have developed by playing mafia? By that I don't necessarily mean skills limited to the mafia-context, but closer to general soft skills.

Of course it can be difficult to figure out if you already possessed a skill to that extent before you started playing, or if you developed it during the time you played mafia, but not through the act of playing mafia itself. But take your best guess.

To give an example, I'm pretty sure I've gotten better at communicating and... human resource management I guess you'd call it? Also, I'd say that while my logical reasoning skills didn't really change a lot, I've gotten better at understanding other positions and in a way accounting for errors. Lastly, some twisted version of perseverance.

How about you guys? What skills has playing mafia helped you develop or improve, or do you feel like you haven't gained anything from it?

How about you guys? What skills has playing mafia helped you develop or improve, or do you feel like you haven't gained anything from it?

I think, the ability I gained from playing mafia is to try and understand why a person would say/do something and what the hidden motivations or agenda could be for saying or doing what said person did. Sort of, lol.

That is pretty much all I can think of

Probably become even more inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt (more than just "this person could be dumb town and not scum," but that sort of thing is also a part of it).

And definitely more willing to talk to random people from games like EIMM.

Also, I've certainly upped my procrastination and avoidance games due to playing mafia.

To give an example, I'm pretty sure I've gotten better at communicating and... human resource management I guess you'd call it? Also, I'd say that while my logical reasoning skills didn't really change a lot, I've gotten better at understanding other positions and in a way accounting for errors. Lastly, some twisted version of perseverance.

Pretty much this, the part about errors especially. Extreme learning curve.

Question for everyone: what kind of skills do you have developed by playing mafia?

definitely the ability to be more confident in expressing my opinions/suggestions. i mean if i don't believe in what i'm saying, then neither will the other party

Question for everyone: what kind of skills do you have developed by playing mafia?

I think I've learned to be more skeptical of people, but not in a conscious way. Also I think now I'm able to figure out more stuff about people overall. So even if I'm way more wary of people than before (and I already was the kind of person who doesn't trust others), now I can figure out who I can trust better.

Other than this, I think I've learned to explain things better in English.

I think my self-confidence worsened a lot when I started playing mafia, but right now it's probably about the same.

I learned how to consider viewpoints. What may seem obvious to me because of my role PM may not be obvious to someone else with a different role PM. This carries over to RL, too. I also learned how to better vocalize my dislike of things. "Gut feelings" only go so far in mafia, and the ability to explain those gut feelings is also something that's great outside of mafia. Lastly, I try to project what I'm supposed to know. . .well, this only applies when I'm mafia, and the role cop got some cool results. . .but it's still helpful outside of a game! :P: