.Hack//The World FORCE:ERA mafia sign ups.

Shinori

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually felt that "The Infected" Were in the strongest position to win the game overall. Town was really strong if they used their abilities properly and the Player killers were alot stronger in a scum v scum situation because of a roleblock/persuade but I felt that the infected had a lot more behind the scene power with a role cop and a hitman which could fuck the town over in more than one way. They actually inspected the doc Night 1.

Story of my life ...

Edited by Taewoo

I really wanted Prims vs paper vs Snike.

Battle of the ages.

Never happened.

Well kinda, Paper took out Prims on day 1 and snike subbed out. I sad.

ALSO

I PARTIALLY DISAGREE WITH WHAT PAPER DID IN SOME SITUATIONS AND BBM.

BUT THAT WILL BE IN PART 2.

Btw If possible I'd like it if people could please post all there thoughts about this game here.

Cons/pros, general thoughts. Everything.

If you feel they should be posted in pm, then please feel free to pm it to me instead of posting here.

I would rather not talk about this game ever again ty

but i guess if you wanted i can tell you stuff in private

Edited by Sentamos

Well, you've already heard me say a lot about this game and whatnot, but I'll say some more stuff.

The two thread system was definitely fun, but to get accurate reads and the "full story" on who did what you literally needed to be alive until the threads merged. For example, I know that I died right before threads merged and got spoiled by graveyard stuff, but I would've known that Snow in the morning was scummy scum scum if I could've actually SEEN D2 and the context of his Tasogare vote after the threads merged. It's strategy, and it had a way of messing with scum reads, but it was interesting.

The email system was cool, but I mostly only used it with Fight a Duel and you guys already said that wasn't exactly the most efficient thing lol.Even so, email system is a double-edged sword in a way. You don't want to spill everything to someone you have no reads on. I was supposed to have emailed Snow in the morning on D1 and he was scum (good thing I decided not to). I corresponded with Take Flight on D3 because she and Kiro were the only people who were in The World D1-D3 (and I knew Kiro was going to be inactive). Of course, Take Flight was also scum who killed me but she was the better choice out of the two to get any detailed feedbacks on. In other words, email system: can be used intelligently or to shoot yourself in the foot.

An Invasion's persuasion powers screwing over two townies was definitely powerful. I know it wasn't supposed to work in MYLO/LYLO, but as Tasogare had pointed out on the other site, what happens if one thread is in LYLO and the other is not? After Snow in the morning hopped over to The World in D2, if there had been less than 7 people present in that thread then scum could either force a mislynch or a no lynch simply because of the persuasion.

If I think of anything else, I'll post again.

I'd like that, yes.

Mainly just stuff on the game set-up and stuff.

I'm not gonna talk about all the personal attacks that happened.

I feel that it's better to just leave that stuff alone. Bringing it back up is only going to spark arguments.

I don't think the email system was bad- it is essentially limited OC in NOC. I also liked the two threads system and felt it was very interesting. Ofc I didn't exist until the end so I can't say much.

A few questions:

How do you think the persuader would have been had there been more people in each thread?

What do you guys think of the mayor/lynch cancel role?

What are some things you guys would think would work really well in a game like this? Experimental role idea, experimental ideas, whatever, answer them here. (PLEASE ANWSER THIS QUESTON PRIVATELY!!!!!!)

How do you guys think the balance was overall?

How do you think the persuader would have been had there been more people in each thread?

It would've been less "game-breaking" if there were more people. Because of how the thread swaps work and all, one thread could get completely screwed over (like The World was in D2 and D3) while another thread is completely in the clear. So more people would definitely balance it out.

The role was cool. Blitz using it to troll us was not.

What are some things you guys would think would work really well in a game like this? Experimental role idea, experimental ideas, whatever, answer them here. (PLEASE ANWSER THIS QUESTON PRIVATELY!!!!!!)

Will answer this later.

Persuader + roleblocker combo would have been stupidly broken. Persuader alone WAS stupidly broken. Town had REALLY strong power roles (cop+roleblocker, doctor+watcher, JoaT) but considering that the former two never got to do anything game-affecting ... The Infected's full cop ability plus strongman and thread switching were also handy, especially if fully cop was used on a powerful PR (story of my life). I think the balance of the game is acceptable, but maybe better distribution of power roles?

Well... yeah, I should have gotten lynched D3, and if the last player had been anyone except Cam, I probably would have gotten lynched. Honestly Cam, if you don't have the time or inclination to be less apathetic than you were in that game, I'd request you not to join games.

I felt that the thread split-up mechanism made it kind of difficult to get things going in my thread D1, because it was like a super mini (7 people), as there wasn't any real contact with the other thread to make (fake) scumhunting easier. With that few people to begin with, and a couple of them really inactive, it was hard to do anything. Yeah, I know that the other thread had the same amount of people as us, but they also had people who are generally more active.

As for the two scumteam thing, it wasn't just that the other team was stronger- their stage-switch ability was a really hard counter to our Persuade that basically fucked us over.

Also, in hindsight, I screwed up N5 with idling my hook, but at that time, I felt that the other scumteam, like me, would have wanted the rival scum member alive to thin the crowd.

A few questions:

This is still a thing.

Mainly questions 3 and 4 <3

Well... the fact that almost all of the town power roles had two roles, despite there also being vanillas, seemed weird to me. A town PR death was a lot worse than it usually is because they carried a proportionally larger amount of power. It did make some things interesting though, because the Doc Watcher couldn't block against the Hitman, but could see them killing their target, while they couldn't see the Ninja, but could block the kill.

Also Hitman Rolecop OP

1) More people would have made it easier for town, but tbh as scum it was risky already. There's only ONE person of a scumteam in each thread, and since both teams couldn't joint win (and I can't remember if you could even tell there was another scumteam early in the game) it's one vs. six, which really isn't easy.

2) I think it was an interesting role, though it obviously made things harder on my part since it went from one vs. six to one vs. seven WITH a lynch-cancel. That role could have been incredibly OP if used differently (referring more to D1 and D2 than the rest of the game).

3) Can't really think of anything tbh, I'm not a very creative person and any roles I'm experimenting in Toonami Mafia.

4) Balance...this is kinda tough. I really think this was a town-sided game because even though there were a couple vanillas, the town PRs were REALLY powerful and could have easily broken the game if they gotta to live a little longer (namely Prims's role and Boron's role). I personally think that instead of giving vanillas you should have balanced out the roles a little more (instead of a hooker/cop you just made a hooker, and a cop) because that would have given town an even better chance of winning. The persuader was powerful but it's a tough use because it's a double-edged sword; it's powerful but it gives you a HUGE target on your head. All town had to do was email people from the other side and say "hey have some people switch to our thread so we can lynch this guy" and that's it. Then that leaves nothing but BBM's hooker, which is cced by Prims and there goes their team. Scorri/Snike had a great role which really balanced how meh my role was. Rolecop/Hitman is pretty good even though we can only shoot every other night. My role was kinda pointless since no one ever used emails (and even so what could I have really done just knowing who emailed who and not what they actually said?) and the threadswitch which could only be used for the first three days before it became unusable, so in reality I was essentially a vanilla. It also took a shit ton of mislynches in order for anyone to win, but that's more because of how both scumteams kept killing each other rather than the setup.

Scorri can probably add on to this but tl;dr this setup favored town a lot more heavily than people realize and it took a lot of luck for scorri and I to win.

4) Balance...this is kinda tough. I really think this was a town-sided game because even though there were a couple vanillas, the town PRs were REALLY powerful and could have easily broken the game if they gotta to live a little longer (namely Prims's role and Boron's role). I personally think that instead of giving vanillas you should have balanced out the roles a little more (instead of a hooker/cop you just made a hooker, and a cop) because that would have given town an even better chance of winning. The persuader was powerful but it's a tough use because it's a double-edged sword; it's powerful but it gives you a HUGE target on your head. All town had to do was email people from the other side and say "hey have some people switch to our thread so we can lynch this guy" and that's it. Then that leaves nothing but BBM's hooker, which is cced by Prims and there goes their team. Scorri/Snike had a great role which really balanced how meh my role was. Rolecop/Hitman is pretty good even though we can only shoot every other night. My role was kinda pointless since no one ever used emails (and even so what could I have really done just knowing who emailed who and not what they actually said?) and the threadswitch which could only be used for the first three days before it became unusable, so in reality I was essentially a vanilla. It also took a shit ton of mislynches in order for anyone to win, but that's more because of how both scumteams kept killing each other rather than the setup.

Now that Helios has pointed it out ... if Prims hadn't been turbo-lynched on D1 and I hadn't been scanned on N1 then killed on N3, powerful town power roles could have really screwed over the scum team. So the balance wasn't bad and I think it was winnable for both teams. But the reading emails power seemed a bit ... useless and situational. Although, if Helios had ever used it on one of me or Mancer/FaD, his team would've heard us plotting a whole lot of stuff. I think a game with this setup needs more people to have more of a "cushion" for scum and town ... and instead of making a few super-powered town PRs maybe spread them out better. If powerful PRs live until the end, then they can break scum team easily. If they die fast in the beginning, then it deprives town of a powerful PR.

Boron: Helios couldn't read emails. He could just know who sent someone an email.

Oh, whoops, I guess I was mixing that up with Imawashiki/Levity's ability, I think she had the ability to read the emails as well? Then yeah, Helios' email-reading ability wouldn't have been that helpful.

Well I wouldn't know what you guys were actually saying, all I get is "Boron emailed Mancer" and that's it. I pretty much used it on BBM and Bizz the entire game when I actually remembered I had it lol.

lol ninja'd but you get the point

Edited by Helios