.Hack//The World FORCE:ERA mafia sign ups.

Shinori

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. Charging in for this blind. Any final Mafia-ing tips before going in though? I'd like to hear them.

Oh gosh, where do I start?

1. Be active, and do follow what's in your role PM.

2. For now, work on stringing your thoughts together logically. If someone's telling you WHY your thoughts make no logical sense, they might have a damn good reason for it. Instead of tunneling on your own logic, try to see things from their point of view.

3. Lastly, "I don't know what I'm doing/who to vote for/who looks scummy" is terrible; don't do this ever. Fake it if you must, but forever showing uncertainty will probably get you lynched.

Also, consider things from the neutral point of view- that is the view from which others will be viewing most of your posts. Something might seem obvious to you because of the information that you hold, but not everybody knows that information, and even if you tell them that information, they won't know if you're telling the truth or not.

The most important tip of all is to read the rules and to not forget them. Make sure you're VERY clear on what you can and cannot do so you don't get unnecessarily modkilled.

The second most important tip is to remember that mafia is a game. It may get really intense, but it's still a game. Make sure you don't subconsciously tunnel on a player because you're irritated with him/her over his/her play in the game.

Alright, I'll carry those tips into all subsequent mafia games.

A question though, what if you press someone, ask them a key question, and they try to avoid it, would you press further and show the contradictions, prove that the question is key and try to get the Town to make that person answer it or just drop the case and question entirely?

Also, what happens if that person avoids the question with vulgarities spewed back at you?

Also, consider things from the neutral point of view- that is the view from which others will be viewing most of your posts. Something might seem obvious to you because of the information that you hold, but not everybody knows that information, and even if you tell them that information, they won't know if you're telling the truth or not.

I think this might be the most important tip that I have to bring into the next mafia games, lol. I keep posting things as I see them and not how Town might see things.

hey so

- can emails go across threads

- how are people going to be able to spectate this game, given the thread system? will you need to make accounts for them? you can't make guests have access to both forums or people will just log out to read the other thread

also mancernecro Prince of Tennis Mafia by Kaoz and Draft 2: Anonydraft Mafia by Elieson are both good reads if you want an example of a mafia game here where town wasn't super lurky and didn't collapse on itself like in the ones you've played

Edited by Prims

Town played decently in Nostalgia too, although that's a pretty long game. That's on the front page though, so screw links. SFMM2 is pretty interesting as well, although that was a fairly lucky win for town. My reason for not linking that is that I'm lazy.

Also, from what I've read of it, PoT might be better than Anonydraft, because Anonydraft became rather one-sided midway through for the town- IIRC PoT was a closer game.

Also, from what I've read of it, PoT might be better than Anonydraft, because Anonydraft became rather one-sided midway through for the town- IIRC PoT was a closer game.

>d1 scum lynch

>d2 scum lynch

>d3 scum lynch

>d4 scum lynch

closest game of the century

I only read the first five pages okay

Also, on another note, what takes priority, actions, or thread switching? Like, if I target Person A with my ability, but they're switching to the other thread that night, does my action still go through, or not?

hey so

- can emails go across threads

- how are people going to be able to spectate this game, given the thread system? will you need to make accounts for them? you can't make guests have access to both forums or people will just log out to read the other thread

1. Yes.

2. I've got that handled. But so far we don't even have anyone wanting IO. ;/