.Hack//The World FORCE:ERA mafia sign ups.

Shinori

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of the split threads and limited OC system, things might get a little strange if dead players were subbed in for living ones, especially across threads. Since that'll lead to some people knowing stuff that they shouldn't.

I think we should have a game where I have two aliases but no one knows

Why not just have a game where everyone has double aliases.

this game's mechanics would potentially have been a lot more fun with dual aliases in real life vs. the world (although in practice it would probably just lead to a ton of alias claiming)

I think for Force, two aliases whereby both aliases are unable to leave each thread would be probable. Like SB's role that can't leave the RL thread.

Would make for a nice SK character as well, being able to control the discussions in both threads.

The more we continue talking about it, the more likely we'll spill something. So let's just stop discussion now.

Also ...

(blames Shinori for lack of D2 update)

• 4 weeks later...

Post game Part 1: (I'm drinking at the moment, please ignore typos.)

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google....g2T0RYaEE#gid=0 I started slacking later on with the spreadsheet. Night 4 actions and on didn't matter except kills because levy idled her only ability and the other abilities were just pretty much roleblock which for whatever reason was idled until BBM eventually died.

The Infected QT: http://www.quicktopi...8/H/dPWdtiB22BS

The Player Killers QT: http://www.quicktopi...8/H/c4nLqPuRvxE

Role PMs:

[spoiler=Marth/blitz]

Dear Marth, you are Sakuya, the Town Leader.

shot0005.jpg

You were originally a normal ordinary high-school girl who just loved to play games. Playing in "The World" with your friends, Asumi and Eri, you hunted rare items together, generally after class. You may have played the game too much as your friends have sometimes pointed out to you, but you always brushed it aside and continued to play happily with your friends. One day while in "The World" you had a little Accident which landed yourself as the target of a $300,000 bounty in game. This affected how you moved around the world. Getting caught up with Player killers that wanted money wasn't your only issue though, you eventually met up with a crazy AI system that had gone haywire within "The World". This AI had turned one of your best friends into a Lost One. Moving forward over time you managed to find out what happened to your friend and you found a way to stall the haywire AI system and save your friend. This didn't stop you from playing in "The World" though. You still continue to play with your two friends looking for rare items, and even though you aren't that smart and a general klutz, you still seem like a leader to them.

"I hope we'll all still be playing "The World" together!"

You are the town leader, and everyone tends to listen to you, therefore your vote during the day phase counts twice. This will affect hammer but will NOT show up on vote counts. Once during the game you may also respond to your role pm with, "No! Please don't hurt my friend!" Doing so will cancel the lynch for that day phase and force a No lynch. After using this lynch canceling ability you will lose your extra vote.

Because of the $300,000 bounty on your head, you know that someone is after your life, thus it is unsafe to claim your character OR your role. Alternatively you know that David is not in the game.

You are aligned with the Town, you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated.

So there was an issue with this role that confused me at first during this game. We had decided originally that it would make the vote count to hammer basically a hidden 5 instead of 4 in the thread he was in. When manix explained to me how he suggested we make the votals work with the Mayor I was confused and we had originally made his role pm says that he increased the amount to hammer by a hidden 1. So instead of 4 it would be 5 and instead of 2 it would be 3. This was changed and was a mod error that we had to sort out later in the game when I was doing votals on like day 4 I think. Otherwise I liked this role and it was meant to completely counter the persuader. His lynch cancel worked at any point in time during the day, even during the twilight phase.

[spoiler=Elieson]

Dear Elieson, you are Mary, The Town Lost One.

53261.jpg

You are Asumi's best friend in real life and in "The World". Working with Sakuya and Tobias you form a trio to hunt for rare items with. One day when playing with your friends you fell prey to a horrible accident, which turned you into a "Lost One". Eventually with the help of Sakuya and Tobias you were returned to normal and awoke from your come in real life. However that event scarred you and even though you still continue to play with your friends, you are scared day after day of the thought that it might happen again.

"Honestly, can't you stand still for two seconds?"

You are the Lost One, once each night you may respond to your role pm with "I won't become one again <USER>!" If <USER> or anyone affiliated with the user attempt to kill you that night, you will live, in special circumstances this will also make you immune to kills the following DAY phase. After this ability stops one kill, it cannot be used again.

You are also forbidden to leave "The World".

However, because you were a Lost One previously you know that someone might try to repeat what they did before. Thus you know someone is after your life. It is unsafe for you to claim your name OR your role. You also know that K-kei is not in the game.

You are aligned with the Town, you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated.

Elieson's role, the rogue. His also had the Infected after his life. K-kei was meant as a safe claim for him to claim if need be. He even managed to stop a kill on himself Night 1, just to be persuade scum hammered day 2. I found this hilarious.

[spoiler=Levy]

Dear Levy, you are Tobias, The Prepared Townie.

6372632413_b5d2e8e3a5.jpg

(You're the middle one)

You are the most intelligent of the trio of friends that hunt for rare items together. You, Sakuya, and Mary are always together within "The World" and outside of it. You are the most experienced within the game as well and are always prepared for whatever you may come across, thus earning yourself the nickname of, Tobias, the Information Merchant. Ready for anything that maybe thrown at you during a quest you even were able to work together with Sakuya to save Mary when she had become a "Lost One". Saving Sakuya and stalling the chaotic, haywire AI that had attempted to destroy "The World" and the players in it had seemed like something you were born to do. Even though the AI wasn't destroyed you are always prepared should it return for revenge against you and Sakuya.

"Tobias is always on the ball!"

You are the Prepared Townie. You were always known to be ready for anything. In otherwords you're the jack-of-all-trades. Each night you may choose to use ONE of the following abilities.

Use a smoke bomb! - Tobias will throw down a smoke bomb which will cause everything that would have originally targeted you to fail.

Protect <USER>! - Using you're armor and your skills at the game you will guard user, forcing everything that would have hit them to hit you instead, this includes all abilities and kills.

Get information about <User>. - Tobias will use her information network to find out all messages user receives the following day, when they receive them.

Levy's role the JoaT was meant to be a role just to give the town a bit more protection, yes I admit the eavesdropping ability she had wasn't the best however she didn't even use it when it could have been useful had people made more use of the email system. It would have given levy the entire email that the player had received when they received it.

[spoiler=Prims]

Dear Prims, you are Shamrock, The Town Legend.

Shamrock.png

You are the guild master of one of the largest guilds in "The World" called Yata's Mirror. You are also the same person who played behind the characters of "Pi" and "Ender" 7 years ago. You work directly for CC corp as person who investigates errors in the system while playing as a normal character. In addition to this, in real life you are a private investigator who investigates the actual people behind their player characters Originally planning to take down "The One Sin" with your guild you were drawn into an awkward situation which led you into finding a Pariah folder and an AI that had been hidden within the system that did as it pleased. You had found out the AI had grown out of control and needed to be destroyed. Luckily you had experience with this type of thing before. Fighting with new allies you managed to stall the AI from completely destroying "The World" and expanding outwards into Real Life.

"Just so we're clear, that character doesn't reflect my tastes."

You are a Legend, because you are so amazing you have two abilities of which you can use only one each night. You may respond to your role pm with either of the below abilities each night.

"Find out if <User> is against me." - Using your real life Private Investigator skills and your standing as a guild master in "The World", you will discover <User>'s alignment.

"Data Drain <User>!" - Using your Data Drain ability, that has weakened for some odd reason from it's past version, you will rewrite <User>'s data, forcing their class to malfunction, thus role blocking <User>

Probably one of my more favorite roles in this game, the character was awesome and the ability of alignment cop or roleblocker was something I found interesting. I specifically gave this role to Prims because I wanted to see how a skilled player would end up using this role. Too bad he died Day 1. Also he asked to be a little girl.

[spoiler=Boron]

Dear Boron, you are Smith, The Town Guardian.

Smith.png

You are a quiet warrior and second-in-command of the guild, Yata's Mirror. You are always beside the guild master, Shamrock, and are always protective of her. You fight strongly and valiantly for your friends and fellow guild members and will always fight for the good. You work with Shamrock, Sakuya, and Tobias to thwart the evil chaotic AI that had threatened to destroy "The World" and expand outwards into real life. Knowing though that it wasn't destroyed you trained in case it should ever return, still never leaving Shamrock's side.

"I was unprepared, the entire area is currently a Pariah folder."

You are a real man. Each night you may respond to your role pm with, "Don't worry <User>, I'll watch over you." You will watch over <User> protecting them from any fatal actions that were attempted on them that night, additionally you will also learn of everyone who visited <User>.

Boron's role, a massively strong protection role, watcher and doc. Both of these abilities did activate simultaneously. This ability was able to counter both scum teams while also causing some sort of confusion. It could stop the player killers kill but obviously couldn't stop the Strongman kill, however watcher could catch that. I was kind of curious if at any point in time she would stop a kill from the player killers and end up catching someone else for it by watcher, but that didn't happen so whatever.

[spoiler=Nekorex]

Dear Nekorex, you are Geek, The Town Hacker.

Geek.jpg

(You're the human guy.)

You are an experienced hacker that works for money. Even though you seem like a bad guy, you really don't mean any evil. You just do what you need to do to earn money in the game and in real life. You know how to hack just about anything, even CC Corps main database which has proven to be beneficial multiple times to you and people around you. Working with Hermit at one point in time you gave him a list of names of everyone who played in "The World" with a special chip, not only did you get their names, but you got their blood type address and age. You know how to get info. After that you vanished and still only work for money.

"Hey, just don't get caught. I don't want to go down with you."

You're a hacker. You know how to get information about people who are both in the game and out of the game. Each night you may respond to your role pm with; "I'll get the info about <User>, don't worry." You will learn of everyone <User> visited that night.

Standard tracker. Was meant just to be a tracker and maybe catch some people doing some shady things or just overall help the town. Overall compared to all of the other roles that weren't vanilla I actually felt this role was a little weak. Tracked his own death N1. Lol.

[spoiler=SB]

Dear Serious bananas, you are Takefu Yuuki, the Town Grandfather.

300px-Takefu_Yuuki.jpg

You are an old man and Sora Yuuki's grandfather. You play in "The World" to spend time with your granddaughter and to pass the time, however you are old so you don't really leave your house all that much. Who knows when you might keel over and die?

You have no special abilities. The only thing you have to help the town is your vote and your voice.

You are forbidden from leaving the "Real Life".

Vanilla townie, but couldn't leave real life.

[spoiler=cam]

Dear Cam, you are Dasha, the Town Dark Knight.

300px-Dasha.jpg

You are a friend and Class mate of Sora Yuuki. You play in the World freely and to pass the time with your friends. Your player character also happens to look like Fran from Final fantasy XII. Interesting, I know, right?

You have no special abilities. The only thing you have to help the town is your vote and your voice.

Standard Vanilla.

[spoiler=Aere]

Dear Aere, you are Balder, the Town Paladin.

300px-Dot-hack-The-Movie_2011_08-23-11_007_jpg_600.jpg

You are Tanaka's best friend and ally, both in "The World" and in real life. You are the guild master of Crusade, a guild that helps begginners, which is how you met Sora in "The World".

Standard Vanilla.

[spoiler=Mancer]

Dear MecroMancer, you are Gondo, the Town Berserker.

300px-Dot-hack-The-Movie_2011_08-23-11_005_jpg_600.jpg

You are Balder's closest ally in "The World" and his best friend outside of the game. You help Sora along with Balder when she first joined the game to help her gain experience and have fun at the game.

Standard Vanilla. I picked this role for Mancer since he was pretty new to mafia and I wanted him to be a vanilla so that his arguments would just be based off of player reactions and logic and nothing that involved his role.

[spoiler=Snike/scorri]

Dear Snike, you are Hermit, The Infected's Stick-Wielding Cat.

h3.jpg

You are a young kid that actually learned you died years ago in real life. You have been trapped in "The World" for seven years and have been wandering it ever sense looking for a way to somehow return to real life. You life inside "The World" is a nightmare, because you feel all pain in the game. Every stab and death you feel before being revived within the game. Eventually you met sakuya who helped make you happy before you found out that you had died in real life. Your anger and rage at finding out you couldn't return set you to join with the chaotic, evil AI that had gone out of control. You hoped to destroy the world and maybe escape with the AI into terrorizing real life as well.

"If you love PK'ing so much, I'll teach you what it feels like to die for real."

You have a very dangerous stick. Your stick is a special weapon that seems to delete anything, no matter what. Thus whenever you are sent on the night kill, you will bypass all protective roles that night.

Additionally you are very smart and you know how to get info, once every other night you may respond to your role pm with, "Find everything out about <User>." You will research <User> Indefinitely using your connections and hacking skills to find out the full role PM of <User>.

You are aligned with the Infected. You win when all hostile forces have been eliminated and you have achieved parity with the town.

Strongman + role cop. Role cop could not be used while killing and kill was every other night to weaken the strongman effect. I originally gave this role to snike because I also put paper on the opposite scum team. I wanted to see Snike V Paper in scum teams. Also I heard Snike really liked strongman.

[spoiler=Helios]

Dear Helios, you are Sophia, the Infected's Dark Goddess.

Sophia.png

You are "The Dark Goddess" within "The World". A rogue AI system that has gone haywire and can no longer be controlled by CC Corp. You have killed anyone who has come near the Dark tree, turning all of your victims into Lost ones. Very little is actually known about you, but it is known that you are a very dangerous AI within the game. You were stopped in the past when you tried to destroy "The World" but it was time for you to return once more and attempt to destroy "The World" and expand out into Real life.

You have immense power in "The World" controlling when certain areas are open or closed and the ability to stop people from logging out. Once each day OR night phase you may respond to your role pm with, "Force <User> to go where I plead." <User> Will be forced to swap threads immediately as soon as a mod see's the action.

Additionally using your abilities as an AI that shouldn't exist in "The World" you may respond to your role PM once each night with, "Hacking database: Who did <USER> contact?" You will hack "The World's" data base and find out everyone <User> emailed the previous day.

You are aligned with the Infected. You win when all hostile forces have been eliminated and you have achieved parity with the town.

Helios's role, all-in-all I felt this role was maybe just a little weak, however it could be used to force Mary(Elieson) to a thread they were in to kill him if need be. Also the hacking ability was simply to see to be used for a little bit more info that they could have.

[spoiler=BBM]

Dear BBM, you are Iyoten, The Killer's Killer.

a9baa9ea545f6e8ba531e57c9de964eccc3.jpg

(You're the guy.)

You have been a part of "The World" for years. You have always been a Player Killer within the game. Having fun with your close friend Asta, who you know in real life. You enjoy killing other players, and have played long enough in the game that you two are a high enough level to take on pretty much anyone together. When hired by Yata's mirror, a guild, to complete a high level quest with them something happened. The quest failed because of one little girl 'accidentally' hitting a booby trap. Growing angry at the fact that you weren't paid for completion of the quest and the fact that you died because of the trap, you use Yata's Mirror's guild name as a front to put a massive bounty on the girl who had caused the issues. Thus then following it up with Asta to player kill the user and get the bounty, something you two would always love to do, but wouldn't stop there. You wanted to kill all of the players you could, it was fun that way.

"You don't think I'll let you off with an apology, do you?"

Because you are experienced at killing player characters you know how to get around. You know how to hide yourself or how to make yourself known. Thus any night that you are sent to do the kill you will not be seen on any watcher or tracker reports.

Additionally once every other night you may respond to your role pm with, "I'll scare <User>." You will scare user into remaining in town all night, preventing their night action from taking effect.

You are aligned with the Player Killers. You win when all hostile forces have been eliminated and you have achieved parity with the town.

BBM's role, standard ninja role, however it also affected his role block. He could not be tracked by anything. I disagree with how he idled his role block the entire game.

[spoiler=Paperblade]

Dear Paperblade, you are Asta, The Killer's Seductress.

a9baa9ea545f6e8ba531e57c9de964eccc3.jpg

(You're the girl.)

You are an older player in "The World". You are actually a guy who plays with a female character within the game. You are best friends with Iyoten in real life and have been playing with him together for years in the game. You are an experienced Player Killer and you tend to take joy from killing other players, noobs in specific. When you were hired by Yata's guild along with Iyoten to complete a high level quest and it failed, you were just as angry as Iyoten was. Following him around as if he was your leader you planned your revenge on the woman who had caused the issues and kill as many other players as you could.

"Now, now, you're making us sound like bad guys."

Once during each day you may respond to your role pm with, "Seduce <User1> to hate <User2>". This will force <User1> to be forced to vote for <User2>. This action takes place immediately, and therefore if it would cause a lynch would still take affect, however this ability does not work in lylo or mylo.

Also during the night you may respond to your role pm with, "Stay right there <User>." <User> Will stay in whatever thread they are currently in, unable to swap threads for the night. This ability can target people in a different thread.

You are aligned with the Player Killers. You win when all hostile forces have been eliminated and you have achieved parity with the town.

I picked this role for paperblade because I wanted to see how he would use the persuade and I also figured he would be able to make the most use of the ability, also I wanted him and Snike to be on opposite teams to see scum snike vs scum paper. Anyway this role was meant to be pretty strong vs the town as well as pretty strong vs the opposite scum team if that came to happen before mylo/lylo. Overall I liked this role except I feel the persuade was ABSURDLY strong with how the threads worked early on. I feel that maybe I should have weakened this role in some situations but I didn't so lol. However town could have done more to combat this than what they did.

Some general thoughts and stuff:

I actually felt that "The Infected" Were in the strongest position to win the game overall. Town was really strong if they used their abilities properly and the Player killers were alot stronger in a scum v scum situation because of a roleblock/persuade but I felt that the infected had a lot more behind the scene power with a role cop and a hitman which could fuck the town over in more than one way. They actually inspected the doc Night 1.

Overall I liked how the game ended up playing out for the most part because it allowed me to obviously test how this game works before I finish the larger games. I know paper got pissed at one point in time cause the other scum team fucked him over but in all reality if they had worked together there was a high probability that The infected would have lost and I think they foresaw that. I don't think they made the wrong choice by refusing to help out paper.

ALSO BBM SHOULD HAVE BEEN LYNCHED WAY SOONER THAN HE WAS. OH WAIT HE GOT NIGHT KILLED NOT LYNCHED WHAT THE FUCK TOWN.

Anyway this was mainly just a post with role pms and shit.

Part 2 will have player analysis and game analysis and stuff.

I think I got most of the stuff I needed for part one. Drinking is fun. Side note, I deleted the word "Overall" like 50 times and kept constantly thinking "LOL I KEEP TYPING OVERALL MAYBE I SHOULD DO WHAT LEVY DID AND ASK PEOPLE HOW MANY TIMES I SAID IT IN THIS ONE POST."