[OC] Basics Mafia - Day 3

Life

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2% batt T.T

Just saying this in case anyone wants to contact me.

My mom has to go for further checks so I'll likely be home later than I expect. I'll at least be home in 6-7 hours though, so I hope you guys can wait for me.

6-7 hours is like 4 or 5 am for me, Mancer. Unless I decide to stay up and work on my finals I'll probably be in bed.

Also, still irritated right now. I'm sorry.

Shinori's said some things that lessened my opinion of him. Everyone seems to be suspicious of him, but that had been balanced by the fact that Mancer was against him until I saw Shinori's crass and IIRC contradictory/suspicious reactions. The thing is, I smell a very, very scummy stench coming from Mancer and doubt he's clever enough to put himself at odds with his ally to distance himself.

Despite that Shinori's been floundering, I'm ##Voting: Mancer for now.

- He's given every indication that he's not really allied with the town, mafia or not. Anyone who's learned anything about his role (which could just as well be a load of crap) probably feels this way, myself included.

- He's worse than Shinori about being inconsistent and ridiculous. Shinori could well just be acting exasperated because of having to deal with Mancer, but I'm sure Mancer's genuinely terrible.

- Others seem to have a low opinion of Mancer too. Of course they would; he's being obviously anti-town. Not in his willingness to cooperate with them, but because of the reason he has to admit to cooperating to begin with: because he's not a townie in the first place. I mean, come on. He's literally said he's not town. What could he possibly be that's negligible? After all,

- I think he has a killing role and is hiding it. He was quick to accuse me of having a killing role after twisting a response I made to him about an oddity he claimed about his role. That oddity was:

- Someone is hunting him, apparently. How does one go about surviving being hunted? By having the person hunting them die first. Even if he doesn't have a killing role to kill the person he's supposedly being hunted by himself, he needs someone dead, and that someone is probably a townie...like maybe the vig.

Mancer just rubs me the wrong way and needs to go. You want to help the town? Help the town by not being alive to threaten it.

Before I forget, though, Boron's incessant nagging about how problematic her life is just seems like crap to get out of having to scumhunt.

Edit: Changing vote, so the Mancer vote has been removed

Edited by Aleph

Before I forget, though, Boron's incessant nagging about how problematic her life is just seems like crap to get out of having to scumhunt.

You did not fucking go there.

I know you've never played any mafia games with me before, but I am the type of person who lets people know when something is affecting my damn life because I do not play at my best when I am stressed out as fuck.

I've never properly played OC before. I'm trying to do as much as I can with OC considering my freaking stress situation right now. And yes, I have finals and a bunch of projects too. I am fucking stressed. I am trying not to freak out, nor am I ignoring this game. I feel that if something is affecting me then you should know.

Do you really want to pull this "oh, she's making up stuff about how she's having issues so she doesn't have to scumhunt"? Do you REALLY want to go there right now?

Fuck you. Just fuck you.

I'm so mad I can't even find the proper words to say.

i can at least vouch for boron not making stuff up to get out of playing during past experiences and then being grumpy when people think she is. it doesn't mean anything regarding her actual alignment but it's null IMO

Okay, that's ENOUGH. Chill out, it's a game. Take a deep breath. The only thing in this game is bragging rights.

I'm sorry about that outburst. But honestly, when I made my second to last post about being irritated, I was in the middle of trying to resolve things over PM and things were not going well at that point. I'm almost on the verge of breaking down because of stress (from this and school stuff) and I don't need someone saying that I'm making this up to get out of scum hunting. I make posts like this so people know when to stay away from me when I am volatile, and I expect NOT to be prodded when I give people a warning.

@Obviam: Mancer claimed mafia and thus I want him vigged tonight but I think it's possible that Shinori is an SK and thus lynching him is slightly more beneficial. If Shinori claims something obviously town we can switch to Mancer.

No worries dearest eclipse, I expected as much from talking to her in the past. She hadn't claimed to be in any distress then and exploded all the same, and this was in a generic chat room with no mafia games involved.

The fact is I could still be right, and after it's a good strategy - Life's done similar in the past and it works. It's worth noticing regardless of whether it's true.

I could comment something like "hope you feel better" or the like, but regardless of whether it'd be sincere, I'd like to think if we were on those terms with each other we'd discuss it in a PM. A mafia game thread is no place for these things.

Which, by the way, is another good reason to suspect people posting about them in the game thread. Mafia is srs bsns

Well since I missed pape's post,

What's the advantage of vig'ing Scumancer over lynching him? Do you just want the votes to stay cohesive with respect to them already being on Shinori?

I say not to rely on the vig and to just lynch the bastard. Relying on vigs has proven problematic in the past. I think if something were to interfere it'd be more likely to occur with vig'ing over lynching. You even seemed to admit you're more suspicious of Mancer anyway.

inb4 "Papes is scum and is trying to sneak in a mislynch duh"

Aleph: If you think I'm just making up crap to get out of scumhunting, then why don't you lynch me. If I'm scum trying to avoid getting out of scumhunting, problem solved. If I'm town, then oh well whiny player out of the game, right?

I have talked to several people and have info as well, but I'm not outing that info in the thread. If you want to know what I know, then contact me.

Okay, that's ENOUGH. Chill out, it's a game. Take a deep breath. The only thing in this game is bragging rights.

Disagree. Let them fight it out, makes for a better show.

And it also involves emotion and we all know how I feel about that.

Alright, we're turning this around to Mancer. I've gotten in contact with Shinori and he's likely a trustworthy yet unstable-derptownie. Mancer is crazy for a number of reasons, Obviam's case is good stuff and Mancer has literally claimed non-town. Will edit my votepost with my new vote in a bit.

Paperblade, you should contact me ASAP once the day ends, we got shit to talk about. Announcments too. ~townie trust meeting~

Disagree. Let them fight it out, makes for a better show.

And it also involves emotion and we all know how I feel about that.

I'm the mod of this forum, and have to clean up when things get out of hand. I don't mind emotion, but if this becomes a yelling match, so help me, I lock the thread.

tbh I don't think the yelling is that bad it's just some people have really thin skin

Have you been paying attention to what's been happening to this forum? If I see butthurt IRL, I will step in. This is supposed to be a game, and if you honestly think people need to grow thicker skin, you are free to tell them over IRC/somewhere else.