Shining Force 2 Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

Yeah this is not my best game but I don't have much experience playing Mafia with you lot, and I'm not used to having to deal with this many of you at once, so it's been extremely difficult for me. The game I played directly before this (on another forum) completely destroyed me too and I'm having trouble recovering from that.

I guess it's more easily explained if I just quoted part of an exchange in my Role PM:

I am not sure what to do right now, but I don't think I'm in the correct state of mind right now to play Mafia quite well, but I don't want to be Person To Sub Out #300 in an already Large Game

Or maybe I just want to take the cowards way out because I am suffering from a crippling lack of confidence right now and also can't parse these players for reads for the second game in a row on this forum and most importantly I am not having fun

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do what you can. Limiting yourself to scumhunting and analysing the most intriguing interactions might help ease the pressure.

In other news, doctor claim. Nothing good will come of this.

Alright, SB explained himself, in that he forgot Mancer's flip.

##Unvote: SB

Guys, can we please stop trying to lynch Xinnidy? I'm pretty sure he's Town, and it won't benefit us for him to roleclaim.

NekoRex roleclaimed Doc. This is bad, because we don't know if there are any other reliable Doctors, so he might be an easy target for the Mafia. zak's "protection" is too risky. NekoRex, did you ask Elieson whether you're capable of protecting yourself?

Proto, Elieson said in the rules self-targetting was silly.

If Neko's theory is correct, this might mean the vanilliser is not scum, or at least not in cahoots with the killer.

I don't think there's much we can do now except hope.

Hi, everyone. Sorry, for some reason I could have sworn Night was supposed to have lasted until about now. I sent in my action, and kind of forgot about the game for awhile due to being massively invested in my Awakening run. That said, I idled last night because I didn't want to shoot anyone without having fully read the thread, and I was pretty damn sure I wasn't going to get through all of it before deadline.

I was waiting to see what balc did before I outted what happened.

I had a vest which was shot last night. I was waiting to see what Balc did so I could see if there was a possibility of two kills happening at all last night or if balc might claim to have shot someone or to see if he claimed to have shot me. I probably could have outted it earlier but I felt it was better to wait and see what Balc did.

With Neko revealing his role I'm gonna :

##Unvote:

Why is everyone jumping on the SB train? Just curious. I don't really see much of a reason that he would be scum. However I see plenty of reasoning to vote Xinnidy.

##Vote: Xinnidy

She's been one of my upper scum reads for a while now, although she's obviously losing her cool. So hopefully when she comes back she will be a bit more calmed down. Even though she was obviously annoyed, I still didn't like her most recent post.

##Unvote ##Vote: Xinnidy

I already had my opinion on Xinnidy and he hasn't really changed it much(he just had some argument with Helios so yeah)

Neko how does you protecting me make me town though?

##Unvote ##Vote: Xinnidy

I already had my opinion on Xinnidy and he hasn't really changed it much(he just had some argument with Helios so yeah)

Neko how does you protecting me make me town though?

He assumed that you were the one that was shot. If the game was multiball though that wouldn't matter because scum can shoot scum.

This Xinny wagon is super opportunistic and most of the people voting her are doing so off only one post. The tone in her posts doesn't read scum at all to me. Yeah, she overreacted- that doesn't make her scum. Overreactions can be scummy when you suddenly start acting really defensive due to only a small attack. She did that here, yeah, but because she was frustrated, and if you read her posts before the last one, you can clearly see it building up in her tone.

@SB- what? How do we know there's a redirecting role in the game? To my knowledge nobody has claimed a redirecting role or even claimed to have been redirected.

Xinnidy (4) - eclipse, Kay, Shinori, Bluedoom

NekoRex (3) - Helios, Levity, Blitz

Serious Bananas (2) - Balcerzak, Xinnidy

Balcerzak (1) - NekoRex

Bluedoom (1) - scorri

Kay (1) - BBM

Voteless Scum (7): Baldrick, Paulina, Proto, Reinfleche, Serious Bananas, Sho, Snike

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. You have ~28.5 hours left in the day.

Shinori: Wait, so you are a bulletproof numbers? Seems like an odd combo to me, but ok.

I don't really see any of the current lynch targets as scummy. I'm going to ##Unvote though, since I don't really think that Marth is scummy anymore.

Ugh, I really don't like any of the votes that are happening. I'm pretty sure most people are jumping on Xinnidy for one bad post when I know I've had overreactions before, I know other people have had overreactions before, and we haven't been lynched for them. I don't think this wagon will flip scum, and I'm not going to support it.

I'm going to ##Vote:Proto for right now, since this is a lynch I would still support for previously stated reasons, plus the fact that all of his reads are either common reads shared by everyone, reads that seem to be ignoring things (Snike claimed miller, remember?), or reads that aren't backed up with anything substantial. All of his views seem either based off flavor which has been proven to be useless since a "good" guy flipped scum or seem to be based in, well, nothing.

I will hopefully get a chance to reread things tonight and get some more thoughts out.

I'm pretty sure Elie wanted to troll me a bit because of the last SF mafia.

sf2_manual_jp_creed.jpg

Dear Shinori, you are Creed.

You were a Greater Devil under Zeon, but opted to retire in peace in the Devil's Tail, where you live in a magical mansion where fairies live and doorknobs shrink beings to the size of chess pieces. Because you have retired, you do not mind aiding the Force against Zeon, but you also helped Odd Eye regain his memory, and he seeks to destroy the Force and the god Volcanon. You eventually feel regret for it, but life carries on, and you take on the job of a pastor to aid the Force after his defeat.

Even though you were a Greater Devil, you enjoy retirement in your mountain home, where magic runs amock and chess pieces speak. In your basement, you have a hex that allows you to speak with Evil Spirit. Before Evil Spirit is consumed by Zeon, he has informed you that there are 15 members on the side of the Force.

<SNIP>

Also, due to the nature of your magical home, you are protected my mystic auras from both your magic and fairy alike. With this protection, you have the ability to withstand a strike against you, but only once. You do not have protection from a lynch, but any other method of killing will fail on you one time.

In short, you are the Leader.

You are allied with the Shining Force. You win when all threats to you and your fellow Shining Force members have been eliminated.

And as of last night I no longer have my protection.

I wouldn't mind a Xin lynch tbf but I'd rather not lynch Proto today. Although he did make me kind of uneasy and I hope he takes care of that soon.

I'm going to need a sub. I just can't focus on this game right now, alongside my other commitments and schoolwork.

What happened to the Rocker suspicion, guys? I know that several people found Rocker scummy, and I can't see what Kay has done to dispel that other than being more active. I really don't think that either Xinny or Proto will flip scum. I've already explained my feelings about Xinny and my feelings about Proto are mainly gut. I'd much rather lynch Kay over him, though I'll vote him if I have to to if the only other option is Xinny. And obviously I don't want to lynch the Doc claim at this point in time.