Shining Force 2 Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

I consider Mafia Announcers bastard mod. No seriously, it's one of those roles that's quite literally put into the game to fuck with the town because it's entirely useless for mafia other than that it's normally a town role. Except it's been done enough times now that people aren't as inclined anymore to automatically trust it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was godfather announcer last Shining Force Mafia. Why should we believe you? :P

I remember thinking at that point that Godfather Announcer was too much moling.

I consider Mafia Announcers bastard mod. No seriously, it's one of those roles that's quite literally put into the game to fuck with the town because it's entirely useless for mafia other than that it's normally a town role. Except it's been done enough times now that people aren't as inclined anymore to automatically trust it.

Announcers are like every other role: make your own decisions about whether that person is town or not. Being able to prove one's role does not make them clear, after all.

Announcer is really a glorified vanilla in NOC mafia, so I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing if combined with GF. Just better make sure that not all inspections are accurate.

In other news, I am a miller role, so I will inspect as guilty. Take that as you will.

BBM can't handle Kelsey Green

also two miller claims is weird but eh

Mafia Announcers are like Mafia Alliance Checkers (in non multimafia/faction games), in that they serve no purpose to the mafia (though one could argue that Announcer doesn't serve any purpose for town either, but getting out last reads if you think you're going to die is kind of useful). The only reason people don't make Mafia Alliance Checkers to screw with people is because AC is so easy to fake as scum even if you're not one.

Millers if they're announced are a pseudo-clear (after a Cop flips or is confirmed) and are therefore useful to the town (until some host decides to like give Miller as a fake), and if they're not announced are bastard mod just like Mafia Announcers.

Millers if they're announced are a pseudo-clear (after a Cop flips or is confirmed) and are therefore useful to the town (until some host decides to like give Miller as a fake), and if they're not announced are bastard mod just like Mafia Announcers.

see trainwreck for mafia claiming miller

also sfscum barely decide to claim miller in setups like these for whatever reason (it's kinda like vivor claims which we had a big spat over in chilean)

inb4 multiplemillersthisgame

also i was more meaning the millers don't know they're millers, but it's stated in the rules that people could be millers which covers bases (millers flip as miller no matter what for closed setups)

anyway I gotta move now to fix up the shed/flat thing I'm moving into soon, back later.

Mancer forgets that if I get mislynched in a game the world will explode.

But anyway since I'm back from the store I will clarify: I am not a miller, I'm just a scummy town role. Town silencer is a good example of a scummy town role. I'm not a silencer though.

Also Manix is doing that really fucking annoying apathy-based typing style again so he's probably scum.

Also Manix is doing that really fucking annoying apathy-based typing style again so he's probably scum.

I'm actually quite used to Manix typing in that style since the whole of Midnight Crew where I ignored that as a scum read.

Since you pointed that out, I'm going to take note of it.

Also: So be it if the world explodes. We just need to route out the scum to win. We can win even if the world explodes.

Really? Huh.

I'm just posting like I normally do... shrug.

Actually, I can attest to the fact that your posting style is way different.

In Chilean/Trainwreck (I remember you playing in one of these) and in CMV as Dance of Thorns, your posting style was more assertive and definitive.