Shining Force 2 Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

I quite honestly forgot that I targeted you N0 when I wrote that. And if I get lynched for forgetting who I basically randed N0, I'll be pretty annoyed.

Besides, my role as Martyr is somewhat proven unless someone counterclaims me for the N1 SB redirect. It's possible that Bizz redirected SB, but eh. My role as Martyr is also perfectly provable this night. And if I'm Martyr, I have no reason to lie as to who I targeted N0, as it's hardly a scummy role. And consider that if I'm Mafia and not Martyr, the only way I'd know that Bizz was the person who redirected SB, and that it was a safe claim to make, was if we were scumbuddies.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, for what it's worth, I went digging through some of my old posts. Before Bizz died, I asked SB who he targeted N1, because I wanted to know if I'd been the one to redirect him or somebody else. It's the best proof I have that I was the one who redirected SB and not her.

BTW, as scum Martyr who doesn't draw kills, consider how much havoc I could have wreaked by now, as SB says. I could have drawn Doc away from Sho to kill him a long time ago, for one thing.

I quite honestly forgot that I targeted you N0 when I wrote that. And if I get lynched for forgetting who I basically randed N0, I'll be pretty annoyed.

Besides, my role as Martyr is somewhat proven unless someone counterclaims me for the N1 SB redirect. It's possible that Bizz redirected SB, but eh. My role as Martyr is also perfectly provable this night. And if I'm Martyr, I have no reason to lie as to who I targeted N0, as it's hardly a scummy role. And consider that if I'm Mafia and not Martyr, the only way I'd know that Bizz was the person who redirected SB, and that it was a safe claim to make, was if we were scumbuddies.

I'm pretty annoyed because it felt like you were perfectly willing to drive a mislynch on a terrible reason while conveniently forgetting who you targeted. As everyone else is clear on the basis of cop scans (Xinnidy, Bananas, Marth, NekoRex, me)/"this would be beyond stupid to put next to a mafia mayor" (Rein, Snike, Blitz on the basis that dual dayvigs with a mayor means that the mafia wins stupidly early), the only other option would be Sho, BUT he scanned people on both sides, which tells me that he's probably not aligned with either bad guy (either that, or he pulled the best bus ever). That leaves you on PoE.

And your response, which, given your claim, looks really weird.

Depending on who you targeted, the redirecting role might or might not be town. We also don't know whether it was only you who was redirected or everybody targeting your target. Which is why you suddenly jumping to saying there's a Driver in the game made me a bit wary.

So what I was saying was if he targeted Bal, it was a town redirecting role, and if he didn't, it was probably a mafia redirecting role.

And no, I wasn't willing to drive mislynches for terrible reasons. I quickhammered Cam because according to my role, his results were wrong. I shouldn't have been so quick to hammer, I agree, but it was hardly a terrible reason. And as for "pushing a mislynch" on you, I've never even voted for you after D2, as far as I remember. And for your point on PoE, from my perspective yesterday, before you were cop cleared, I could say the same thing about you, and that, along with lingering suspicions from D1/D2, was the main reason for any suspicion I had against you. I mentioned Scorri's infodump all of once with regards to you and then realized later that it was dumb to trust too much in what she said anyways. Plus, even when I DID use her infodump against you, I still placed you near the bottom of my to-lynch list.

I forgot who I targeted, yeah. But that doesn't make me scum when my role is fairly confirm. And as for the PoE against me, this is why I kept mentioning Godfather, and am still mentioning Godfather even after a flipped one, because like you, I realize that Kay/Rein/Snike on a team together is extremely OP. Except I know I'm not scum, meaning that either Mafia has a retarded amount of lynch control, or one of our clears isn't actually town. In the case of the latter, it either means that both teams had a Godfather, or Mafia has a Tailor.

Your tangent reminded me that I really should've looked at several other things better, including random flavor (so it's kinda your fault that this took so long). I hope Elieson does a player-as-character analysis, because I saw a bunch of things that made me crack up. I also read up on Kiwi, and given a bunch of other things, I can beat you easily you've been confirmed as that role, which means that unless you also have something that modifies something ELSE (which would be outright stupid, given my underpowered horrible role), whatever.

How much are you willing to stand by the tailor theory? Because if so, then one of these role PMs is NOT like the others.

This talk of a second godfather is something I'd rather not think about after the massive mindscrew from shinori but I'm afraid it might as well happen if both mafias are of the same size. Deep inside I want to believe that the other mafia only has 3 members so that it could fit for more powerful day-centered roles, while still a probably unbalanced idea in some people's eyes, I want to follow this hypothesis rather than twisting my brain into who's the next godfather like this.

That said, I still want to believe Rein is mafia, based on how weak his defense was.

Blitz is fucking strong

Anyway Xin and SB, I'll let you ponder this one for a bit but ask yourself this: why would the Mafia have a governor and also a mayor?

I don't know psych is the co-host and there's also an ITP that could steal anybody's role so each faction needed it's share of OPness or back up and there's also the fact the mafia could probably kill each other by accident and we don't actually know if the size of both mafias are exact and the same to begin with, while it is an educated guess.

You're also not a Lynch-redirector kind of governor, or so you claimed.

It's pretty much game over at this point anyway so it doesn't matter who I pick but ##Vote BBM

No. Stop. I don't feel this is town mentality.

If you're town and we're in an hypothetical 9/2 assuming there are two mafia left, at least try to defend yourself and why you find said person scummy some more. We don't even know your full claim and you're already acting like this. Be more open and tell what you think and what you know or I will have no quarrels in lynching you.

Well, we've got two scum left.

Cop

Sho

Cop Clears

SB

Eclipse

Marth

Neko

Not Cleared

BBM

Snike

Rein

Xinny

Blitz

Of the not clears, Blitz is very unlikely to be Mafia because no Vig would otherwise mean that if there was no crossfire, town would have to lynch correctly 8 times, which is a bit much even with all the investigation. Xinny is probably town due to her targets and interactions with scum. I know I'm not mafia. So if we lynch Rein and he flips town, I'll be pretty certain there's a Godfather/Tailor running around.

IMO, Sho should scan me and Blitz and Marth should scan Snike and Xinny, and that covers everyone not cleared if we lynch Rein today. Out of those, if Sho gets one message saying Snike is Mafia, and then no other scum reports or messages, there's either a Tailor/GF or Snike and Bizz were scum.

The OP still lists Shinori as alive- it's actually either 8/2 or 9/1, depending on whether or not Bizz was scum (or if Mafia is 3 members, but teams in multimafia are generally equally sized- off the top of my head only PTG comes to mind as having differently-sized scumteams).

Shining_Force_2_The_Sword_of_Hajya_SGG_ScreenShot4.gif

We here at Shining Force 2 Mafia regret to inform all remaining players that an important message has been received, and that you all need to listen to it.

In other words.

Phase Pause

A shocking discovery was made when Creed was mercilessly shot. Zynk's programming detected something amiss, and alerted the others of its presence. Something wasn't right.

Everyone, there's something you all need to know.

That guy that I just killed. He was Creed, but there was another Creed...

What are you saying?!?

My laser blast went straight through Creed, and into another person, standing behind him.

That player that took an unexpected hit was actually Snike.

Snike has been accidentally removed from the game. He was...

saQKf9T.png

Dear Snike, you are Ursarkar E. Creed.

You are the 50 year old supreme commander of all Imperial Cadian forces. You are known to be a tactical genius who has saved your world from falling to the Forces of Chaos again and again. In addition, your special rule allows you to ambush your adversaries with vehicles that have no business acting as scouts.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with "Night X: Outflanking USER with a Baneblade.". You will invoke your special rule and ambush USER with a Baneblade tank, blowing them to kingdom come. Also, you may only use this ability once, due to budget constraints.

In short, you are the Tactical Genius.

You are allied with the Emperor. You win when you've had your fill of mafia.

In other words, all enemy factions with the power to kill players on the Shining Force have been eliminated, and the Shining Force is declared victorious.

Rejoice on this wonderous day, that all evil has been eradicated from Grans and Parmecia!

Alliance: Shining Force has won the game (Along with Scorri).

Edited by Elieson

iNsoVmF.jpg

For reference, this was my actual role PM

sf2_book_cover_taros.jpg

Dear Snike, you are Taros.

You are a statue guarding the Caravan, historical vehicle of the Ancients. You stand over 30 feet in height, and possess a sword so massive that it simply being pressed into the ground creates a small earthquake.

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with "Night X: You do not have the Achilles Sword. You may not enter my temple,

[uSER]." [uSER] will be so confused that they will begin searching for the Achilles Sword, and be so

busy during the following Day that they will simply forget to vote. Even if they do manage to produce a vote, it will not count, even though their vote will still be displayed in Votals.

In short, you are the Vote Canceller.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win when all threats to you and your fellow Mafia members have been eliminated.

Talk to your team here.

I got the miller as a fakeclaim, but I wasn't aware of the underline clause in Shinori's role PM. I would've been instantly outed as scum had someone looked back and referenced Shinori's flip to my miller flavor.

ok guys now that this is over I expect my game to have full signups by the end of the day

gg though Snike, I thought you were really obvtown before I got IO. shame rl shit happened

It's unbelievable how much the set-up's balance got fucked by the alternating kills. Both scum being able to kill every night would've been balanced given town power and the potential for crossfire. Tracker + Watcher instead of just Tracker on top of the double cops was a bit much, too. otherwise it was a pretty neat set-up but then the game became a steamroll and yeah

It's unbelievable how much the set-up's balance got fucked by the alternating kills. Both scum being able to kill every night would've been balanced given town power and the potential for crossfire. Tracker + Watcher instead of just Tracker on top of the double cops was a bit much, too. otherwise it was a pretty neat set-up but then the game became a steamroll and yeah

We had alternating kills?