SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the only one here who likes Smash Tour, although they shouldn't have challenges tied to it because of its random nature and yeah, it could have been done a bit better.

I just said in the post above this that I enjoyed it...

Some nice little differences between the European and American localization for some of the titles. I personally feel the Trophy Descriptions and the titles are much better than most of the American localizations. Most of the EU versions like the trophies have very subtle descriptions and state a lot of facts about the characters themselves. They definitely look more like the original translations of the Japanese versions whereas the NA versions are more jokes and the treehouse goofing off in some parts of the translations.

TP5TDbD.png

FZn8XU.jpg

Message for all Hats. Jap. Hat collecting Master is what it tells me. :D

PMbkrn.jpg

Collecting all custom moves and completing the all obtain outfits, Mii Hats and Custom Moves. Got the Michaela trophy in both games in Jap without a Hammer and Eng with one but fulfilled the requirement anyway. Both of these things is all that it takes to get the Style Savy star manager trophy. :D

khQTqO.jpg

Can't believe Nintendo threw this line. Why Capt Falcon is loved so much from a dead series...nobody knows?

-----

Both carts complete Eng and Jap. Time to do the Wii-U's (Which I can play in three days) version then I can brawl with everyone!

This should be fun. Here's every challenge. The ones in red cannot be cracked with a hammer, but

here is the 8 cruel smash challenge for Lucina that you can clear easily anyway. But...the 9.0 without losing a single life challenge...might be easy with Link with power Bow SPAM as the AI is weak to anticipate and counter it!

Edited by PuffPuff

Hey Aya/PuffPuff, what do you find to be the best method in collecting Mii Hats? I still have 8 Mii Hats left to get. I can't remember if you said Smash Run or Target Blast was more recommendable regarding the Mii Hat RNG (also, using Miis to increase the likelihood of getting hats still applies, right). I know you said that Classic Mode (even 9.0) was really bad regarding the RNG for hat collecting.

Also, you got all custom moves around the same time you got all Mii Hats? Weird. I got all custom moves on the 3DS version at least a month ago. The RNG for Mii Hats is really killing me compared to the Custom Move RNG.

Also, you plan on completing the whole Wii U challenge board as well? Good luck. I plan on doing the same. In the Wii U version, I managed to only lose three lives in Classic 9.0 with Marth with a heavy Attack and Defense setup. I haven't been able to defeat Master Fortress with both lives intact yet.

After seeing the post about the PAL versions having the characters' titles changed in the Punch-Out!! stage, I decided to go through all the characters to see if all the characters got a new title. So, here it is:

Mario: Smashes Bricks with His Fists

Luigi: Lean, Green Fighting Machine

Peach: Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom

Bowser: King of the Koopas

Yoshi: He's not Yolking Around

Rosalina: Cosmic Travellers

Bowser Jr.: Like Father, Like Son

Larry Koopa: Leader of the Seven Minions

Roy Koopa: Fear the Shades

Wendy Koopa: Bold, Bossy, and Big-Headed

Iggy Koopa: The Laughing Prankster

Morton Koopa: He'll Make You See Stars

Lemmy Koopa: Let's Get Wacky

Ludwig Koopa: Pompous Prodigy

Wario: Scoundrel with a Fart of Gold

Donkey Kong: King of the Jungle

Diddy Kong: Trigger-Happy with His Peanut Popgun

Mr. Game & Watch: Master of Two Dimensions

Little Mac: The Only Numbers He Knows Are "One-Two"

Link: Hero of Hyrule

Zelda: Hyrule's Wise Princess

Sheik: A Sheikah Shrouded in Mystery

Ganondorf: The King of Evil

Toon Link: Wave-Riding, Wind-Waking Warrior

Samus: Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire

Zero Suit Samus: Low Armour, High Agility

Pit: Lady Palutena's Captain of the Guard

Palutena: Goddess of Light

Marth: The Legendary Hero-King

Ike: The Radiant Hero

Robin: Tome-Toting Strategist

Duck Hunt Duo: The Most Unlikely of Partnerships

Kirby: Gritty in Pink

King Dedede: Says He's King, and That's That

Meta Knight: The Masked Swordsman

Fox: Never Gives Up, Trusts His Instincts

Falco: Proud Space Ace

Pikachu: The Electric Mouse Pokémon

Charizard: Blazing Fury

Lucario: Exudes Power

Jigglypuff: The Delightful Balloon Pokémon

Greninja: The Unpredictable Ninja Pokémon

R.O.B.: Robotic Obliterating Buddy

Ness: The PSI Powerhouse

Captain Falcon: Supersonic F-Zero Pilot

Villager: Mayor of Smashville

Olimar: Veteran Astronaut

Alph: Novice Explorer, Engineering Pro

Wii Fit Trainer (female): She'll Make You Feel the Burn!

Wii Fit Trainer (male): He'll Blast Your Core!

Shulk: Has Visions of Victory

Dr. Mario: Fists Full of Medicine

Dark Pit: Dark-Winged Doppelgánger

Lucina: Defiant of Destiny

Pac-Man: Ghost-Gobbler

Mega Man: The Blue Bomber

Sonic: Speed is His Game

Mii (Brawler): The Brawler of Many Faces

Mii (Swordfighter): The Swordfighter of Many Faces

Mii (Gunner): The gunner of Many Faces

Some changes were nice (Lucina, Mega Man, R.O.B., and Fox come to mind), but others felt weak ("Bark, Quack, Boom" was amazing for Duck Hunt)

It does change the dialogue a tad

Palutena: Two two might be called the Duck Hunt Duo, but in some ways, it's kind of like they're a trio

Pit: What? You mean it's three-on-one?!

Man, the Smash Bros. 3DS theme I got doesn't have Ike in it, yet it has Robin. Figures... :(

Oh well, at least it has Luigi. And the chances of a theme including Ike is just slim anyway. Poor guy...

You can take pictures without an sd card fortunately, if you have enough memory blocks on your 3DS.

Unfortunately, if you have more than one 3DS, you cannot have your album in more than one console since it only ties with the pics that you have on that particular console as you cannot transfer pictures.

The randomness in particular makes the challenges where you have to do very specific things in Smash Tour rather annoying.

I liked Smash Run way more.

Even though collecting the Smash Powers is totally pointless since you cannot use them outside of that mode and cannot be transfered to the Wii-U version. Because of this...I would hammer the all smash powers challenge to get the Prince Hat.

Smash Tour confused me a bit at first too. But it didn't take me long to figure it out. I enjoy it a lot now. Though Smash Run is still more fun. But oh well, I like the Wii U version more besides that.

Smash Run had SOME level of randomness, but you could at least manage that and win some of the challenges. Smash Tour? No. Smash Tour really kinda blows.

No SSE.
Well...randomness should take some getting used to...I suppose. :/

I have a feeling it's gonna be awhile before I get a GameCube adapter, *sigh*

Nintendo needs to bigger their stock of this as they sell out too quickly. Can't even get ahold of one of these things and online it's too expensive. >=O

Hey Aya/PuffPuff, what do you find to be the best method in collecting Mii Hats? I still have 8 Mii Hats left to get. I can't remember if you said Smash Run or Target Blast was more recommendable regarding the Mii Hat RNG (also, using Miis to increase the likelihood of getting hats still applies, right). I know you said that Classic Mode (even 9.0) was really bad regarding the RNG for hat collecting.

Also, you got all custom moves around the same time you got all Mii Hats? Weird. I got all custom moves on the 3DS version at least a month ago. The RNG for Mii Hats is really killing me compared to the Custom Move RNG.

Also, you plan on completing the whole Wii U challenge board as well? Good luck. I plan on doing the same. In the Wii U version, I managed to only lose three lives in Classic 9.0 with Marth with a heavy Attack and Defense setup. I haven't been able to defeat Master Fortress with both lives intact yet.

Target Game!
Is how I get the remaining hats.
Got the last one in the Jap version in only three hours there.
The custom moves are easy to get.
Classic Mode with the roulette home button trick with that particular character. Can possibly get all of a characters custom in less than an hour.
Try Link+Power Bow SPAM. The AI is weak to anticipate it! Use this to snag victory on Intensity 9.0.

-----

I'm in heaven.
Edited by PuffPuff

I think Isaac is the next most likely DLC character after the confirmed Mewtwo. Camelot is in the credits, Isaac is not shown anywhere, and he has a basically unrepresented series. If Shulk can make it in, why not Isaac?

There's Golden Sun music to credit Camelot for. I'm not sure myself if I'd consider Isaac likely or not. In regards to his (missing) assist trophy, if DLC was planned months ago, that's a good sign; if DLC was only planned recently, that's a bad sign. His series is also mostly dead, with the most recent entry (and the only one since Brawl, iirc) being a flop.

If anyone else, my bets are on Isaac, King K. Rool, Wolf, Lucas, unlikely but possible Snake, Roy, Custom Robo (Ray) and Simon Belmont as a personal hope.