SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even get why Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. have trailers to begin with. It's not like they're unknown info at this point. Everybody knows about them because of the 3DS version. So what's the point? :/

I don't even get why Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. have trailers to begin with. It's not like they're unknown info at this point. Everybody knows about them because of the 3DS version. So what's the point? :/

Well it retains hype for the Wii U release and it would seem a little unfair if every other true new comer got one and they didn't. It's also possible they had the trailer done before the characters and didn't know which order they would be revealed in, so now that they've finished them, might as well show them off.

I don't think they'll show it before the Wii U version release, actually.

Why wouldn't they? The whole point of the trailer is for hype and we've seen them show off a new comer trailer in a direct that had otherwise nothing smash related before (I believe, Roaslina is what's in my mind). Showing it anytime after release wouldn't accomplish anything and would be just out of place. Unless you mean they won't ever officially show the trailer and it'll just be something you can view in game, which is possible I suppose but I still see no reason why they would with hold it providing it's already done.

Well it retains hype for the Wii U release and it would seem a little unfair if every other true new comer got one and they didn't. It's also possible they had the trailer done before the characters and didn't know which order they would be revealed in, so now that they've finished them, might as well show them off.

Yeah, I suppose... Oh well, what I'm hoping for the most in this Direct is some info on some games coming out next year, like Yoshi's Wooly World and Zelda. And as usual, I have the faint hope of SMT x FE info...

Why wouldn't they? The whole point of the trailer is for hype and we've seen them show off a new comer trailer in a direct that had otherwise nothing smash related before (I believe, Roaslina is what's in my mind). Showing it anytime after release wouldn't accomplish anything and would be just out of place. Unless you mean they won't ever officially show the trailer and it'll just be something you can view in game, which is possible I suppose but I still see no reason why they would with hold it providing it's already done.

Duck Hunt is the special secret character and yes, I do think it will be saved for viewing in game. Sakurai likes his secrets, and even though many already know, I believe he'll leave this one for the people waiting for the Wii U version. Bowser Jr. also is a starter on the Wii U version, which could be part of why his trailer was shown even though we already know about him from the 3DS version.

The only reason I could see Duck Hunt's trailer being shown is if it shows off some new mechanic in the game we don't know about (like how Bowser Jr.'s has 8 player Smash), but after the Smash Wii U direct, I doubt anything like that is left.

Yeah, I suppose... Oh well, what I'm hoping for the most in this Direct is some info on some games coming out next year, like Yoshi's Wooly World and Zelda. And as usual, I have the faint hope of SMT x FE info...

I hope to see some Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker info!

It might not be much, since the new trailer a couple weeks ago. What I'd love to hear is if Toad & Toadette actually have separate story modes, and if they have different abilities. It'd be awesome if one of them could run faster!

Tomorrow 5 PM EST? I hope I can see it!

New trailer? I never heard anything about that, I need to look it up. o.O

But back on topic. Everyone that's getting the Wii U Smash Bros., start practicing hard right away, because I'll be hosting a launch hype tourney much like Doofina/Starbound did one for the 3DS game! Doof already gave me the okay for it, and the rules will be a little different (to keep things interesting), so be ready! ^^

But back on topic. Everyone that's getting the Wii U Smash Bros., start practicing hard right away, because I'll be hosting a launch hype tourney much like Doofina/Starbound did one for the 3DS game! Doof already gave me the okay for it, and the rules will be a little different (to keep things interesting), so be ready! ^^

I'm really tempted to join this hype tourney, especially seeing how PKL and GoldenMarth won't be around to ruin my chances of winning it. You're planning it for Nov. 22nd-23rd, right?

Raven is almost correct. :P I'm waiting until at least Dec. 6th when everyone has it (Aussies still have to wait until then, I think).

Edited by Anacybele

Have bought Melee today, because I don't want to spend all my money for a Wii U just because of SSB4.

I only have played Melee very few matches with friends, so I couldn't really remember of the game mechanics.

Oh boi... the game speed is so different compared to Brawl and 4. It's much faster and I find the graphics need getting used to.

Even on "easy" difficulty I lose lives.

Only for comparison:

In 4 I could beat classic mode level 9 with Peach in my very first attempt with only one death in the fight against mastercore.

In Melee I have lost 4 of 5 lives in easy difficulty.

It's a huge change for me after playing Brawl and 4 through and through.

However it really looks very fun so far.

This game has a fantastic soundtrack. Well, I know most of the songs from Brawl already.

And the REAL Roy is in this game!!!

I only still have to practise a little.

Edited by The Taninator

Have bought Melee today, because I don't want to spend all my money for a Wii U just because of SSB4.

I only have played Melee very few matches with friends, so I couldn't really remember of the game mechanics.

Oh boi... the game speed is so different compared to Brawl and 4. It's much faster and I find the graphics need getting used to.

Even on "easy" difficulty I lose lives.

Only for comparison:

In 4 I could beat classic mode level 9 with Peach in my very first attempt with only one death in the fight against mastercore.

In Melee I have lost 4 of 5 lives in easy difficulty.

Easy difficulty in melee is still really easy. You can go all smash trigger happy like any of the lower difficulties and blast opponents off.

One thing I definitely agree with melee being slightly more difficult is the recovery since they don't give you as much air time like in Brawl or 4. But other than that, it's not much more difficult really.

Easy difficulty in melee is still really easy. You can go all smash trigger happy like any of the lower difficulties and blast opponents off.

One thing I definitely agree with melee being slightly more difficult is the recovery since they don't give you as much air time like in Brawl or 4. But other than that, it's not much more difficult really.

The airgame is still the most difficult part for me.

If I leave the stage and I miss with an air smash the opponent, I have almost no time to come back to the stage. The reason for several "suicides" I had. It even happens to me with characters with good airgame like Kirby, Jigglypuff and Peach.

Though it's just a question of matter.

After a few matches and classic modes I hope that I can master the controls and get a feeling of the gameplay.

This is the main reason I dislike Melee. It's too fast to keep up with. I liked that Brawl slowed things down. SSB4 did speed it up again, but not to Melee levels, so it's still manageable. Just took a little getting used to.

I liked Melee (before Brawl) was out, and then I got into Brawl.

But I was about 8 or 9 when I first played Brawl, and I never really noticed the difference between Melee, and Brawl, so I never cared. After I started noticing differences in gravity and stuff, I just couldn't decide anymore.

I loved Melee's fast paced gameplay. But I loved Brawl's ability to grab ledges when facing backwards, and the ability to grab items when jump / with your dash attack. Smash 4 was great in doing that, as it's not too fast, and I could do the things Brawl allowed me to do.

I tried playing Brawl for shits and giggles recently, (I've played a lot of Project M/Melee and as of late Smash 4) and it's pace was just so slow. It's definitely my least favorite game in the series.

It's not a bad game by any means, I just can see why a lot of people hate it.

Edited by Monado Boy

I tried playing Brawl for shits and giggles recently, (I've played a lot of Project M/Melee and as of late Smash 4) and it's pace was just so slow. It's definitely my least favorite game in the series.

It's not a bad game by any means, I just can see why a lot of people hate it.

This statement sums up my feelings

Brawl is too slow for me.

this too

I'm horrible at melee and I would lose horribly to anyone, but I love the fast pace

I'm in the same boat as Carter with pretty much all of them.

While Melee's fast paced fighting was overall better, if not on your toes, you can get wrecked pretty quick. Just look at those COMBOS.

In Brawl, I felt a sense of fun, with the immense content it had, and the intro of the Smash Ball. (Am I the minority that actually liked SSE and Boss Battles?)

The only jab I have with 4 is my personal disdain of my main (Marth) being nerfed, to the point where I actually use him less, when against other people. But I guess It's just a learning curve to work around (possibly larger this time), as I did from Melee to Brawl with him

An example being how my cousin, who's like 11/12, has this aggressively insane Diddy Kong & Fox, who I can hardly hold my own against as him, yet beat his ass with Ike & Robin. Granted, Robin's my #2 after all, and so was Ike in Brawl despite not being that good with him. But I can't really judge the gameplay of 4 just yet (other than how its sometimes hard to kill), since I've only had it for like maybe two weeks, and within those two weeks, I don't really get much time to play it