AM/PM Mafia - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually not the best idea to be active and protown if it goes against your town meta.

Town actually got lucky with how the persuade went, elieson was given two answers and became confused (the resulting misinformation prob saved him from the n k) then he got subbed in time for the winning persuade. That said, if elie had died instead of straw mafia would have won.

Ack, it did not occur to me that Eclipse is mafia. Next game I'll lynch whoever looks towniest. That redirection was a gambit I thought would fail. Glad that the mafia fell for that.

If there's one thing I love, it's being unpredictable. But I won't be joining another mafia game until at least November because of school.

Also Cowbell, your play wasn't that bad but you need to watch the tone. Thank you for reminding me that mafia will try to kill Elie though.

But that said, was the mafia able to kill another day player or Grass at the point?

I need to watch my tone?

I spent the whole game getting verbally abused to the point that I didn't want to play anymore.

You're an unpleasantly exclusive group of people to try to play with.

NOW THAT THE GAME IS OVER:

I'm not sure how keeping your read explanations to yourself helps the town. You were convinced that Rein was scum, yet you didn't really bother saying why other than once during one of the earlier days. For lynches to happen over here, you need to explain how you came to that conclusion. Otherwise, you're free to push a lynch, and then handwave it if it goes south (extremely helpful for scum, not so much for town).

Don't know where that tone thing came from, though. I don't mind playing with you!

Full player analysis will be up later, but apparently this needs to be said now. Cowbell, this is your analysis.

Cowbell, interactions are a two-way street. People reacted unpleasantly to you because you reacted unpleasantly to them. On D3, you tried to get Rein lynched WITHOUT explaining yourself or why you thought he was scum. And then you tried to force a 1v1 ("lynch either him or me, I don't mind getting lynched today if it's him tomorrow") for absolutely no reason. And at one point you voted for Prims SOLELY because Rein said he'd rather lynch Kay over Prims. You refused to defend yourself when you were being lynched beyond "it's too bad you guys can't see obv!town". Why the fuck are you obv!town? What have you done that made you obv!town in the first place?

Even people who are generally regarded the better mafia players on this site can't get people to follow their lead without SOME explanation of their thoughts. No one should try to defend themselves with "sorry you can't see obv!town" unless they actually ARE obv!town, such as a cop clear or an oracle clear or an uncounterclaimed mason or something like that. I think eclipse is the only person in this game who has NOT complained to me about your conduct at some point in the game. And when the entire game is screaming at you like that, perhaps you need to look back at your own posts and see if maybe you didn't have some responsibility for the way everyone was acting towards you.

Edited by Sangyul

Oh right, I was supposed to do a player analysis today.

Blitz: In your first game-related post, you had stuff to comment on the game but chose to lay down what looked like a semi-RVS vote instead. Probably not a good move. I don't blame you for not being around very much because I know you have connection troubles, but make sure you're current with the thread and what has happened before voting and making cases. I'm not sure if you were trying to get yourself bussed at this point, but your vote on Paperblade was pretty bad since he claimed vig, and even if he hadn't your reasons for voting him weren't very good.

BBM: You seemed a bit too self-conscious of your play earlier and worrying about your meta. If people suspect you on your town vs scum meta, then this is something you'll have to look through on your own time. You seemed overly defensive when stuff about your meta came up. That push on Strawman before you died wasn't the most tactful move either.

Ether: Your play wasn't even that bad. I was frustrated that you subbed out the way you did, especially since we ended up needing quite a bit of subs for this game.

eclipse: Aside from talking about how scummy your slot was, I think you played the best out of the scum team. I mean, you fooled most of the game and had any other two people besides Grass and Elie been the persuader you probably would've won.

Kay: Wasn't around very often, but her stuff seemed valid enough to escape lynch until eclipse bussed her.

scorri: Not being extremely active during the first day phase really hurt, and that is probably what got her lynched (the other part of it because Ether was the other wagon). Try to have more opinions, especially during the earlier phases, and make sure you do not look like you're trying to fall under the radar.

Weapons: Played well and had good posts on N1 and had decent reads (tried to convince Paper to shoot Kay). Died because he was scanned N0 as the backup vigilante.

Paperblade: Got unlucky because 1) Prims fakeclaimed vig and 2) suspected Paperblade over anyone else when he claimed vig. I guess my only suggestion would've been to try to say more stuff relevant to scumhunting earlier on, but eh. BBM suspicion was spot on and made nice shots.

Shinori: We already talked privately, but pretty much don't give up no matter how frustrated you get or how hopeless it seems. You could've convinced Cowbell and kirsche at the very least to either tie the vote or lynch eclipse, since that was where your vote was stuck that day.

kirsche: Played all right, nothing much to say, I guess.

Strawman: You need to have more confidence in your reads, even if you feel that the player arguing against you is a "stronger" or "more convincing" player. You were right about BBM, you just need to have more conviction.

Cowbell: See above.

Prims: I wasn't too happy with the vig fakeclaim, especially since it almost got you shot and might have kept Paper hidden longer otherwise. I think you played well otherwise.

Objection: I'm literally the only person who doesn't approve of your fakeclaim gambit, so I don't really have anything to say. I would be far less annoyed if you had actually told us in your role PM what was going on in your mind, though, and you're lucky this game didn't have any roles that could expose your gambit as a lie. Basically, what I'm saying is don't expect to get so lucky next time if you decide to claim to be something you're not immediately after subbing in.

I'm quite baffled people actually believed you, since Straw had flipped and was just a regular announcer, proving that not everyone in the night phase was a power role, and the only power roles that were confirmed all were dedicated to making sure town didn't lose lynch control too quickly (vig, backup vig, persuader).

Elieson: The only thing I didn't like was how he claimed on N0 that he had an "extremely scummy role", especially considering that the voting mechanics of this game made persuader a necessity more than a scummy role. Other than that, played well and only got subbed out because of mod derp. Also somehow was never shot.

Funnily enough, Elieson's playerslot got hit with all the mod derps, not just being modsubbed. Got unclear instructions regarding his role, I forgot to make his persuade a day action instead of a night action until it was too late, stuff.

Grassbridger: Subbed in, persuaded eclipse to herself, survived.

Rein: Holy activity, why can't you be this active all the time Rein? Kudos to not losing control and flipping your shit in D3, and for showing everyone else how to be active in this game.

Edited by Sangyul

I'd say that our team was underpowered, relatively speaking, but it worked out, more or less. I have no regrets, and I'm damn proud of that bus. Thanks for getting this up so quickly!

If I hadn't pushed Strawman on N2 I would have died anyways, and nobody thought he was really scum even before my push so I really don't think I had any choice there. If Kay had been more active I would have bussed her harder, but she had like 5 posts, half of which weren't game relevant, so there was nothing really to say.

My N0 play was not good though. I overreacted, even if the arguments against me were bad.

I didn't realize that my role wasn't as scummy as it seemed until about d2. My concern was that SF enjoys finding roles and designating them as town/scum roles. Doctors are always town, Vig's are always town. Persuaders are always scum. Well I mean there are exceptions but convincing SF to not use Rolespec in ther arguments will forever be a chore.

I'd say that our team was underpowered, relatively speaking, but it worked out, more or less. I have no regrets, and I'm damn proud of that bus. Thanks for getting this up so quickly!

IDK, I thought the setup was actually strongly in favor of scum. Like, you guys could have won after D4 even down 2 team members.

Eh, I think it was fairly well balanced. Scum got a lucky break with scanning backup vig and town had some dumb lynches, but scum also could've won sooner by shooting Elie instead of Straw, etc. A lot of it came down to play and that's how it should be.

sneaking back on the internet to post about music games I don't give a fuck

eclipse are there any good songs for practicing crazy-ass high speed piano rolls like in fffff [H] that aren't 10*s or higher

also mafia games

e: piano roll probably isn't the right term but there are two keys and you alternate pressing them a lot really fast

Edited by Professional Mafia Player

@prims: the term you're probably looking for is "trill"

back on topic-ish: as the setup played out, it hit like a brick that the game was mechanically scumsided. if the day players hid well enough, scum could have lynch control quite easily. getting rid of town's night control also helped scum along.

sneaking back on the internet to post about music games I don't give a fuck

eclipse are there any good songs for practicing crazy-ass high speed piano rolls like in fffff [H] that aren't 10*s or higher

also mafia games

e: piano roll probably isn't the right term but there are two keys and you alternate pressing them a lot really fast

Those look like 32nd notes at 138 BPM, which translates approximately to 16th notes at 276 BPM (a.k.a. a drumroll at that speed)

TANGENTIALLY RELATED:

水上の提督(Short mix from "幻想水滸伝V")[H] (there's one distinct beep part that should tell you whether or not you're rushing)

SLIGHTLY FASTER ROLLS, BUT NOT A LONG STRING:

REAL [H or A]

Ride on the Light [A]

ONE MORE LOVELY [H] (only the end, but it's 200 BPM, so eh)

lower world [H] (technically, there's several of them, but the rolls aren't what make this song painful)

spiral galaxy [H]

クルクル☆ラブ~Opioid Peptide MIX~[H]

HYPERION [H] (it's the same roll, four times)

Fading Day [H]

THE CLOSEST THINGS I CAN THINK OF:

Rislim [H] (do this as a last stage, because the ending is a bitch)

G2 [H] (take Rislim, speed it up, and add more keys to the stupid ending)

NEMESIS [H] (the entire arcade will hate you if you spam the scratch in the middle; oh, and I sometimes fail this song)

Giudecca [H] (it's exactly one part, but you'll know which one it is; it's here because it's SUPER OBVIOUS if you mess it up)

The Hope of Tomorrow [H] (unlike the other assholes above it, this song will give you time to recover)

If you REALLY want practice, and don't mind dealing with a 10, try Icarus[H]; the roll where it gets stupid-fast is about what you'll need to hit in fffff.

Hope this helps~!