What's the worst map in all of Fire Emblem?

PKL

Most FOW Chapters put me in a bad mood. For each game, here are my worst maps.

FE6: Chapter 14
FE7: Four-Fang Offense Lloyd Version

FE8: Chapter 11 Ephraim Route
FE9: Chapter 26

FE10: Chapter 3-9

FE11: Chapter 11
FE12: Chapter 19
FE13: Chapter 12

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed quite a few FE10 3-9s. That map is so easy though ;_;. Do you guys mean the one where Elincia puts herself in front of enemies without a sword as an NPC? That's 3-10

I've noticed quite a few FE10 3-9s. That map is so easy though ;_;. Do you guys mean the one where Elincia puts herself in front of enemies without a sword as an NPC? That's 3-10

I don't get it either. At least it's not another map with dumbass NPCs that try to make your life hard. (read: 3-10)

Edited by Levant Fortner

BBD simply because on HHM, there is literally nothing you can do but pray that Jaffar doesn't die before you get there. FE6 C14/16 are annoying but not extremely difficult if you're not going full LTC. With BBD, no matter how fast you go, there is a good chance you'll have to restart if you care about Jaffar living.

BBD simply because on HHM, there is literally nothing you can do but pray that Jaffar doesn't die before you get there. FE6 C14/16 are annoying but not extremely difficult if you're not going full LTC. With BBD, no matter how fast you go, there is a good chance you'll have to restart if you care about Jaffar living.

You gotta worry about Zephiel too.

FE6 Chapter 16x

I mean, I like how the gaidens in this game have unique map features, but the streaks of light + the bishop boss with 24 magic and berserk is annoying.

Chapter 14x in Sword of Seals. Getting stuck in water tiles is no fun.

Finally some people with sense. The desert is annoying, yes, but at least the mages weren't spamming Bolting from places you can't easily reach without Warp. *twitch*

Also I'd like to second FFO Lloyd and add FE8 Eph Ch11 (it's a clusterfuck) and FE4 Ch2 (Damnit Lachesis let me Warp to your castle).

Finally some people with sense. The desert is annoying, yes, but at least the mages weren't spamming Bolting from places you can't easily reach without Warp. *twitch*

Also I'd like to second FFO Lloyd and add FE8 Eph Ch11 (it's a clusterfuck) and FE4 Ch2 (Damnit Lachesis let me Warp to your castle).

I figured that the desert has a combination of pretty much every Scrappy Mechanic in the franchise, which is why I said it. I'd also mention Sacae chapter 20 (and maybe Sacae in general).

FE9 Chapter 21 is probably the one that has caused me the most rage.

FE10 2-1 is also never good.

Was it the sleep staves that got you there?

I agree - miss once, and your strategy goes to hell.

Hahaha, all the rage from the rout draft led to making a topic about how god awful 2-1 is :P

I really don't like 4-5 in FE 10, stupid rewarping Izuka is such a pain. Also, every single map on the Sacae route in FE6.

Yeah, fuck Sacae. Ugh. FE6 is a weird game, when I actually just play it I have fun but whenever I look back on it and all the stupid misses, resets, annoying enemies and shit I get mad. Love hate relationship.

Don't fear FE11's desert map. It's among the easiest desert maps in FE.

But everything gets 2/1HKO'd by supermages and the boss has a siege tome...

Ugh I'll get around to it eventually but I'm still not looking forward to it. Maybe tomorrow.

Edited by Irysa

I forget the chapter name and number, but the one in Thracia where you need to reunite generic villagers with their generic enemy soldiers, with no way of knowing which goes with which.

Unless I'm doing it horribly wrong that one is VERY awkward and frustrating.

TearRing Saga. "Mermel Cave" (I don't think that forced map got it's own chapter name)

A cave filled with tons of multiplying Eyeballs and a boss that spawns even more of them. The map is so big that there is not much one can do to stop them. And this counts as an indoor map, so no mounts.

Even going straight for the boss is tedious because of the lava sea slowing down anyone to 1 or 2 move. And once you finish it off, you find out that you have to open all the chests in ever corner of the map before the map ends.

And for good measure, there is one chest right in the center of the lava sea that will reduce the movement of Holmes and Yuni to 1.

What makes all of this worse is that the Eyeballs are a massive pain anyway. They are hard to double attack and tend to avoid the hits of weapons powerful enough to kill them in one shot.

They also deal magic damage, which will allow them to kill any target in a few hits. And because of their multiplying skill, there are always tons of them at one spot.

There hit is complete awful but that invites situations where you loose an ally by bad luck. Especially since you will try to act fast to stop them from multiplying.

Edited by BrightBow

TearRing Saga. "Mermel Cave" (I don't think that forced map got it's own chapter name)

A cave filled with tons of multiplying Eyeballs and a boss that spawns even more of them. The map is so big that there is not much one can do to stop them. And this counts as an indoor map, so no mounts.

Even going straight for the boss is tedious because of the lava sea slowing down anyone to 1 or 2 move. And once you finish it off, you find out that you have to open all the chests in ever corner of the map before the map ends.

And for good measure, one chest right in the center of the lava sea that will reduce the movement of Holmes and Yuni to 1.

What makes all of this worse is that the Eyeballs are a massive pain anyway. They are extremely speedy and then to avoid the hits of weapons powerful enough to kill them in one shot.

They also deal magic damage, which will allow them to kill any target in a few hits. And because of their multiplying skill, there are always tons of them at one spot.

There hit is complete awful but that invites situations where you loose an ally by bad luck. Especially since you will try to act fast to stop them from multiplying.

Uuuuuuuuugh I remember this map so much when I played TRS, sooo painful. Glad I had some really high skl people on Holmes team when I did it.

And for good measure, one chest right in the center of the lava sea that will reduce the movement of Holmes and Yuni to 1.

What makes all of this worse is that the Eyeballs are a massive pain anyway. They are hard to double attack and tend to avoid the hits of weapons powerful enough to kill them in one shot.

Uuuuuuuuugh I remember this map so much when I played TRS, sooo painful. Glad I had some really high skl people on Holmes team when I did it.

Does the lava sea do damage?

Does the lava sea do damage?

Yup. The damage is random like with poison. I would guess it's 1 to 4 HP per turn.

I think Holmes and Yuni need at least four turns to get to the chest. Maybe more. And naturally, Thieves and Healers are usually very low on HP.

Edited by BrightBow