Choose You're Own Role Mafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also i forgot to say we have a Bomb/ Bulletproof person somewhere in this setup. Err, we may actually. Don't know for sure.

Saying this because I feel anal about what just happened and I also stopped caring now.

Why do you say this?

sigh Marth

at the very least you should have let Objection shoot someone first before shooting him if you thought he was SK >_>

##Vote: Shinori

His D2 content has consisted of being a super high-school level flake, and here's another thing from D1 I noticed: he says he doesn't really like my Proto vote, but then votes Proto later anyways (albeit for slightly different reasons). Also he goes from voting Strege to voting Boron for pushing Strege, agreeing with Paperblade in the process that Strege is an easy wagon, even though he was just voting there himself.

Can we have votals?

Yeah, I honestly haven't been around and there is no defense for inactivity. And honestly I haven't kept up with the game. I can sub out if you'd rather. But I highly doubt that would help.

Sorry I've been so inactive. I'll try to get something today.

That being said I had a massive town read on objection.

I didn't even notice Shinori voted Proto. That's probably one of the worst ones, too.

@Rein- What's bad about Marth outing that there's a Bomb/BPV in the setup? As long as the mafia doesn't know who they are, it just makes the mafia more nervous about their choice of kill, since it could go wrong.

I just don't see the point of telling us that information. I guess it isn't necessarily harmful.

Also I don't remember Paperblade ever saying he was okay with Proto's lynch just because it'd keep his role (all he said was that lynching Proto would allow him to keep his role, not that that made it okay to lynch Proto).

I don't know if Proto will really be back in time to claim, the only reason I would be okay with a Proto lynch is so I can keep my role

Could be a tone thing, but that's what I got out of it.

Nor did SB say that Proto was scummy for doubting an unproven leader- he said that Proto was suspicious for finding me scummy for trying to lead the town while being unproven, which are two different things.

Mistake on my part, then, but I still don't think that's a stunning vote reason.

This sounds like Rein didn't think Proto was mafia, yet didn't do anything to defend his read. If Bear/Objection were bad enough to be mentioned, then why was your vote stuck on Bananas?

Because I think he's scummier and that's why you vote for people? There was an entire other part of the post there where I focused on that.

what do you mean about changing my mind on elieson btw

Rein only had two scumreads D1, JSND and SB. And the SB read developed after his vote was moved there by Paperblade, and suddenly you find SB scummy as hell in your next post? I don't like it, feels scummy, like you're looking to avoid putting down your own vote. Didn't really even talk about anyone but JSND and people who interacted with him until your vote got moved D2 isn't much better (yet)--it's not worse, really, but vote-analyzing the Proto wagon has been done by numerous people. Doesn't make it bad, just doesn't help Rein in my eyes.

There was a 48 hour gap between posts w/ real talk made by me and I had looked into SB during that time period and I thought a lot of his posts looked maf as hell. Having 2 scumreads does not have much to do with anything, either. I just didn't have more scumreads at the time.

Rein:

Your chain of logic, in the first post I quote below, looks like this to me:

- I don't think Proto is scum

- I don't like Bearclaw/Objection's votes on Proto

- My vote is on SB

Normally, when I think someone is about to be mislynched, I go after EVERYONE that I think is scum on the wagon, not just one person. Mentioning someone's vote != going after them.

Post I made that has the quote in question

Post made before responding to me

You didn't mention Elieson's vote (and him) until the second post. What changed your mind?

Rein:

Your chain of logic, in the first post I quote below, looks like this to me:

- I don't think Proto is scum

- I don't like Bearclaw/Objection's votes on Proto

- My vote is on SB

Normally, when I think someone is about to be mislynched, I go after EVERYONE that I think is scum on the wagon, not just one person. Mentioning someone's vote != going after them.

I have no idea what you're trying to tell me. Do you think I should have done more or something? I can't vote everyone on the wagon at once, so I called them out on doing something I considered scummy. If the part in your quoted post was all hat I had said in said post, I would understand it more, but it wasn't and I thought SB was the worst of them and kept my vote on him.

Post I made that has the quote in question

Post made before responding to me

You didn't mention Elieson's vote (and him) until the second post. What changed your mind?

I said in that post it wasn't all inclusive and was me trying to get something posted in a reasonable amount of time.

##nWo Style Screwjob: Goldberg

From what I've seen after reading the last few pages, he's got something going on with him. I'm not voting Bear until I've read his ISO, and probably re-read Goldberg/Rein's stuff. In particular, going back to what Eclipse said, his logic on voting SB before despite calling BS on Proto/Objection instead of the aforementioned SB sounds really dumb to me (and trust me, I know dumb mafia play first-hand).

Shinori: Didn't realize until now how little content Shinori had actually posted. His first content post says that he didn't like Strege's posts and places a vote on him. His next content post has nothing about Strege, except for asking BBM why he didn't like someone's Strege case. He then votes me saying that he feels I'm not "acting normal" (here's a hint, I'm NOT normal) and then calls kirsche out for "defending" me from Paper "for no reason" and votes me for "OMGUS and being defensive". What happened to Strege, Shinori? Do you still think he's scum? Or does he not catch your attention anymore? Also, I can't help but get the feeling that he was buddying up to Paper or something with regards to the case on me. A lot of Shinori's stuff on me was related to "vibes" and "OMGUS behavior". Nothing about my content at all, only one actual post example as well (and was also factually wrong when he said Paper never voted me). After that he asks why Proto unvoted him (I thought it was pretty clear that Proto's vote was RVS?). I can buy that he voted Proto because he forgot about deadline lynch, though.

His only real contribution on D2 is to ask Marth about his bomb remark and saying that he had a massive town read on Objection who is now dead. The latter comment doesn't make me happy. I don't see the point of stating that you had a town read on this dead player (unless it's in the context of "WTF VIG WHY DID YOU SHOOT X HE WAS TOWNIE AS HELL DAMMIT ;_;") unless you want to look better for having a town read on said player.

Strege: I think he's looking better now in his later posts. I don't think his reaction after kirsche's fake shot was scummy. I can see why someone wouldn't want to post if they think that something that should've paused the phase had happened. (In Kirby mafia, after Paper faked a dayvig on Grassbridger, no one said anything for over an hour even though phase had not been paused at that point.)

Refa: Do you think SB is scum or not? You seem to imply he's more null than anything else, but that you'd also be fine with lynching him. Also, if you're finding Shinori suspicious, is there anything else about him besides inactivity that bothers you?

I'll need to reread kirsche's ISO since stuff has happened, but not now.

At the moment bearclaw and Shinori are my strongest scum reads. Refa's latest posts aren't really cutting it for me. Would like to see more from NekoRex/Polydeuces player slot now, and still waiting for Rocker's reads.

From what I've seen after reading the last few pages, he's got something going on with him. I'm not voting Bear until I've read his ISO, and probably re-read Goldberg/Rein's stuff. In particular, going back to what Eclipse said, his logic on voting SB before despite calling BS on Proto/Objection instead of the aforementioned SB sounds really dumb to me (and trust me, I know dumb mafia play first-hand).

Is that a vote or an action?

Boron, why are you not normal?

Boron, why are you not normal?

It was a joke at my own expense because if I were normal I wouldn't have so many IRL issues ;/

Day 2.4 - Votals

bearclaw13 (4): Refa, Elieson, j00, Boron

Shinori (3): Bluedoom, eclipse, BigBangMeteor

Reinfleche (3): Serious Bananas, Grassbridger, Polydeuces

Strege (2): kirsche, Königin der Nacht

kirsche (1): Strege

Serious Bananas (1): Reinfleche

Not Voting (5): bearclaw13, Kay, Paperblade, Shinori, Rocker64

With 18 alive, it takes 6 to deadline lynch and 10 to hammer. You have about 28 hours and 35 minutes left in the day.

bearclaw and Kay have been prodded. (Rocker has also hit the prod timer but I know he's busy + supposedly catching up, so.)

Edited by Professional Mafia Player

those are shots fired

are people still missing the part where i also listed some stuff against SB in the same exact post and thought he was scummier or something

yeah okay I just subbed in right before I made that post I went back and saw you did go at SB, my fault for skimming to try and catch up quicker

##Unvote

##Spay & Neuter: DA BEAR

I'll try to make sense, as I'm getting bent out of shape due to stuff that isn't related to this subforum.

Rein: If I feel that X, Y, and Z are scummy for voting someone who I think is town, I'd be on X, Y, and Z, HARD (as in, ripping arguments apart and looking for scum intent). However, this is coming down to a stylistic difference, so I'll just leave it at that.

Instead of HINTING at it, you should be ON HIS ASS, if you think he's scum.

The reason I'm kind of iffy is because SB has done things that I feel are townish (such as his Day 1 response to me, in addition to some of his reads) and things that I feel are scummy (his vote on Rein, his actions regarding his role). This is why I haven't pressed him particularly hard, since I feel better about my read on bearclaw. Honestly, I'm going to need to reevaluate yesterday's null reads (you, SB, Boron) and Rein (because I don't really like the wagon on him, need to see if he's actually particularly scummy) after this post.

Well, if SB had just said "oh I targeted X", it would have been fine, but now that he's said "I targeted somebody and outing it would be a Bad Idea" it implies that the person he targeted has an important role, so outing his target in public now really would be a Bad Idea.

OK, this bothers me to no end. Why would townie!SB mention that outing someone he targeted would be a bad idea? Firstly, it gives no new information to town, which isn't helping. It'd be more pro town for him to say who he targeted, but not mention their role. Secondly, why would he even care, he had no problem outing Boron's role (or at least strongly hinting at it) yesterday. I find it hard to believe that he couldn't just out who he targeted today.

Refa: Do you think SB is scum or not? You seem to imply he's more null than anything else, but that you'd also be fine with lynching him. Also, if you're finding Shinori suspicious, is there anything else about him besides inactivity that bothers you?

I think it's more likely that he's scum than town; nope, inactivity is the only reason (I didn't glean anything from his Proto vote).

Refa's latest posts aren't really cutting it for me.

So you're suspicious of me, yet have stated no actual read...nice...

So you're suspicious of me, yet have stated no actual read...nice...

I'd like to see you step it up. I don't even have much of a problem with you, but I feel that you've talked about SB and his role a lot, expressed suspicion on bearclaw, yet not too much on anyone else. I don't know what else you're thinking. Also, if inactivity is the only reason you suspect Shinori, what about other inactive people? What makes Shinori's inactivity inexcusable over the others'?

Ok my vote's sticking on Shinori because he has done nothing to change my view on him.

Also in my PM it says I'd be invincible during my dayvig shot(so bomb would not blow up on my face) and I'd pierce through BPV. That's why I think we may have them in the setup.