Choose You're Own Role Mafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was kinda just a derp this game and then got killed. But lol I can still talk and this amuses me. But still haven't got much to say, sorry. I'm bad. Ah well. Hmm, I also suppose that if BBM/Paper were scum they might have killed me to get rid of the second part of my power which is if anyone else who was town targeted me on the night of their death, they would gain stump power as well, but I dunno.

That'd require people to actually target you, which would probably be a waste of any role that's actually good

We did agree you were like 99% town though

Still dislike pretty much all of Boron's day 1 and her day 2 hasn't been anything too good either, at least too me. Also her "Oh I just now noticed how bad Shinori is." set me off a lot and I really disliked it.

Refa's posts have been heavily reminding me heavily of fakeclaim mafia and he was scum there. I also heavily dislike his post #467, which was where he voted Bearclaw and has done nothing but sit on that all day phase. He hasn't moved his vote once. Also didn't like post #647 where he stated he wasn't bothered by BBM but was bothered by SB. Felt forced to me.

Going through Eclipe's posts I don't feel like she's really scum hunting as much as she could be. When I look at her posts she's voting me, which is an easy vote but still a vote that isn't bad. Then going through her posts it really looks like most of her posts are just critiqueing other people or taking apart their scum theories like post #535 where she basically just says Strege's post didn't have much to do with the game. Same thing in post #586 where she says basically everything Grassbringer posted in the post in question wasn't relevant. I honestly just feel like she's doing what she can to stop town from actively scumhunting while seeming active or towny.

Rein also seems weird. Idk. His overall posts are meh to me. His pressure against SB seems really...off? I mean seeing SB could be scum rolecop is defintely plausible. But idk, SB's posts haven't read off as scummy to me.

Those are my top three scum reads at the moment. After that I'm not super positive because I haven't kept up with the game as much as I should have or could have.

This being said my current lynch priority would be:

Eclipse > boron > Refa > Rein

Something tells me the first three wagons won't get off the ground though.

##Vote: Rein

A. Mafia thought scorri was a PR trying to stay on the DL

B. Mafia kill failed and scorri was a wolf kill

B2-Bomber. Mafia kill failed and scorri was a town kill (accidental or otherwise)

C. BBM is evil

I don't really see what you mean with c.

As far as reads go Grass is starting to bug me,

Oh, you're right. Kirsche also has a top-4 list of scumreads that hasn't changed at all. I hadn't noticed that. Yeah, that's suspicious when he does it too. Kirsche, is there really nothing that changed your view on anyone at all since the first time you posted "Strege > Shinori > Boron >> Elie"? Nothing to even change your reads relative to each other?

Can you maybe explain your point here more? How is it scummy to not change your scumreads? They have both continued to give reasons for their reads (I think, If i'm wrong then I suck at reading). If they haven't then that would be a valid reason but being suspicious of someone for consistency seems odd.

I'll read more into Grass.

By C, he probably means BBM is scum and so shot a role that could potentially be more useful if I actually started paying attention and actively scum hunting and also could have some minor use if someone targeted me when scum was trying to kill him.

Rage, I had a post going and everything until my computer decided life was too easy and decided to exert gravitational forces on my mouse (so forced to reboot). Ugh, will do some replies before doing my ISO post...AGAIN.

The basic gist of it was that SB's recent posts are making me feel better about him, even if I still don't feel good about how he's handled his role. Additionally I felt he was more confrontational when I played like that one game with him as scum. Not feeling so great about Shinori, and his recent reads post doesn't exactly overwhelm me with confidence. I don't find the cases on Rein to be scummy, but I'm still reading him to be town. And I didn't get around to ISOing Boron and Eclipse because of the aforementioned

I would really prefer another time for the IRC. I have something to say and I really don't want to stay up that late again

This. The whole midnight (my time) thing didn't work for me and I have something role-related that could implicate a scum.

Keyword there is "could" though.

Hang on, I reread Boron's ISO because of Shinori and she criticises Shinori for promising content then not pulling through with it but she's promised a read on me with no follow up.

Also I dislike the bearclaw vote, she keeps mentioning she'll be fine with either, which is an attempt at justifying keeping her vote, but surely pressuring Shinori in this case would be more fruitful? Me no likey.

I also can't see why I was happier with her at all. I think I was just thinking I was being too stubborn but no more mr indecisive guy.

Shinori > Strege > Boron >> Rein

Dropping Elie from the list as I can't find any fault in what he's said recently.

This. The whole midnight (my time) thing didn't work for me and I have something role-related that could implicate a scum.

Keyword there is "could" though.

Dude ftr you're the player with the most votes on yourself right now.

Dude ftr you're the player with the most votes on yourself right now.

As in, right now you should be arguing a case on someone other than yourself combined with some half decent defense on yourself, especially with the time dwindling down, instead of trying to influence BBMasschat.

If you are town, then What are your top scumread and why? Also, why shouldn't we lynch you?

If you have something that implicates scum you could say it now

It depends on whether or not there's a sk/vig that shot last night though.

I'm an unlikely nk so if I can not get lynched I can see tomorrow whether or not outing it publicly is a great idea.

As in, right now you should be arguing a case on someone other than yourself combined with some half decent defense on yourself, especially with the time dwindling down, instead of trying to influence BBMasschat.

If you are town, then What are your top scumread and why? Also, why shouldn't we lynch you?

I am working on a case on someone else rn, if I need to I will work on defense later.

I mentioned Grass in my last post and I think I'll end up voting him.

Can you maybe explain your point here more? How is it scummy to not change your scumreads? They have both continued to give reasons for their reads (I think, If i'm wrong then I suck at reading). If they haven't then that would be a valid reason but being suspicious of someone for consistency seems odd.

Like I said--at best, I'm genuinely surprised, at worst, it's scummy. I just expect to see something new out of people on d2 compared to mid-d1: there is so much more material to work with. It seems like being overconfident in your d1 reads, if nothing changes. I dunno, like, if you to scumread stays the same, sure, but your top 4? That's probably more than half the scumteam right there, and how are you confident that you've found >half the scum d1 even if you think your d2 confirms it?

I have class from 9 to 5 on Tuesdays and then physio so best case scenario I'm home at like 7:30 PM EDT... if the Europeans don't mind staying up until midnight or 1AM, ~8PM EDT is probably the time that's best? Otherwise I could, like, wake up at 5:30 AM or something but I really don't want to, and then the Pacificers would have to stay up pretty late... If I opened it at the time I did last time, the Europeans would have to wake up at like 6 I think. tldr you should all live closer to me.

I'm not sure about Shinori. Something about his tone makes me not want to lynch him, but I've been wrong about his tone before, and Shinori has pulled Appeal to Emotion before so idk.

Beyond that I guess I wouldn't mind lynching Rein.

Also wrt Scorri, I'd been kind of assuming that a vig or wolf shot her and the mafia's kill got blocked. I considered Paper being scum for a little bit after Scorri's flip, but while her role is obvtown, it's not really all that strong, so I don't think it's likely.

If Paper wants to use his role... Shinori/Rein/???. I don't want to lynch Bearclaw or Strege. Can't really remember any of the other wagons. Maaaybe Refa? Still haven't gotten around to rereading his role because the last week has been really busy for me.

Day 2.5 - Votals

bearclaw13 (7): Refa, Elieson, j00, Boron, Polydeuces, Kay, Grassbridger

Shinori (5): Bluedoom, eclipse, BigBangMeteor, kirsche, LAPLACE SPHERE!!

Reinfleche (3): Serious Bananas, Paperblade, Shinori

kirsche (1): Strege

Serious Bananas (1): Reinfleche

Not Voting (2): bearclaw13, Rocker64

With 18 alive, it takes 6 to deadline lynch and 10 to hammer. You have a bit less than 4 hours left in the day.

I might be able to make it to irc at midnight, at least I definitely prefer that to 6 am. I'd also like to talk.

I don't really feel the case on rein, and shinori is a total null read since he does this regardless of alignment and it's not exactly helpful. If you don't want to lynch bearclaw or strege's I'd prefer refa, but bearclaw has done nothing to look less scummier. Don't like the "eh let me live this phase and I'll out info tomorrow" attitude one bit, if you have information about scum you're not helping town by hiding it.

also since when was the last time prims posted votals some prime modding there

I just had a post and I lost it fffffuuuuuu

At any rate I think Grass is scummy because his reads have weird/bad reasoning behind them (Proto and Boron D1, I thought they were both scummy but is reasoning is kind of whacked) and he seems to have a lack of commitment to his reads, as shown by how quickly he dropped his Boron read and his switch to me today, I find the latter scummy because he still seems to find Rein scummier yet switches to me for... pressure? I already had like 6 votes on me dude, I didn't need more.

##Vote: Grassbridger